Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:48:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Predictions for 2014?  (Read 3944 times)
CCHarris (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 07:15:44 AM

Was reading several articles about BTC over the past several days, it seems the main stream news is giving BTC less coverage than previously which is probably good. Because it seems the market has been some what stable in 2014, but I would like to hear the predictions of some of the veteran traders/miners on the forum.  What do you think 2014 has in store for BTC?

What will it peak at?

Will it reach $2000/coin in 2014?

Will we experience anymore devastating crashes?

What will happen once overstock.com starts accepting them as payment?

Who will be the next big retailer that accepts BTC? (amazon)

Will the US try to regulate/tax coins?

Regards,

CH
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 07:29:17 AM

My price prediction for 2014: $10,000-$100,000

Crashes: If you mean 50% drop after huge run up, then yes, all the time.

Overstock is currently accepting bitcoin payments. Already $500,000 in items sold with bitcoin.

Next big retailer: No one knows, but this is going to be fast, no one will want to be out of the bitcoin wave.

US regulates: I guess yes, they regulate all lol
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 07:36:46 AM

Was reading several articles about BTC over the past several days, it seems the main stream news is giving BTC less coverage than previously which is probably good. Because it seems the market has been some what stable in 2014, but I would like to hear the predictions of some of the veteran traders/miners on the forum.  What do you think 2014 has in store for BTC?

What will it peak at?

Will it reach $2000/coin in 2014?

Will we experience anymore devastating crashes?

What will happen once overstock.com starts accepting them as payment?

Who will be the next big retailer that accepts BTC? (amazon)

Will the US try to regulate/tax coins?

Regards,

CH

$2000/coin by end of 2014 - 70/30
Overstock already accepts bitcoins, but  only in US at the moment
Next big retailer: newegg, but several others in next 90 days.
Devastating crashes: getting less and less likely every year as the "experiment" turns into reality
US: every state is different
CCHarris (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 07:43:18 AM

Thanks guys...Very interesting information!  I really appreciate the information, what do you think is the percentage of BTC users being women?  My question is how many women do you think are into BTC, either for trading or investing?

My guess is less than 20%.  How do we attract 50% of the population to start using and trading with BTC?

Regards,

CH
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 07:44:27 AM

Thanks guys...Very interesting information!  I really appreciate the information, what do you think is the percentage of BTC users being women?  My question is how many women do you think are into BTC, either for trading or investing?

My guess is less than 20%.  How do we attract 50% of the population to start using and trading with BTC?

Regards,

CH

I guess something like 95-99% are men. Women are more risk adverse.
If you go to one bitcoin conference you will hardly find women, but is going to start changing as bitcoin gets more popular and less risky.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 07:47:48 AM

Thanks guys...Very interesting information!  I really appreciate the information, what do you think is the percentage of BTC users being women?  My question is how many women do you think are into BTC, either for trading or investing?

My guess is less than 20%.  How do we attract 50% of the population to start using and trading with BTC?

Regards,

CH

Guess would be under 10% -  but most people involved in bitcoins at the moment are developers - and most developers are still blokes.

Widespread adoption amongst women will only come when pink bitcoin wallets are available ... no, only joking .... the % will naturally increase when bitcoin is used "on the street", apps become friendlier, bitcoins are easier to buy, hardware wallets etc. Currently, the "person on the street" does not use bitcoins. Its still very much early adopters = developers + tech-heads.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 09:27:27 AM

just check the press section of this forum or google "bitcoin" news: you will see that there never never was such an abundance of serious and positive articles in main stream media as currently.

about a year ago there was one article per week -when lucky. now it is so many per day, that i gave up reading them all.

billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 10:09:56 AM

my predictions:
1. Satoshi Nakamoto will be Time magazine's Man of the Year
2. Mad Money's Jim Kramer will recommend going long Bitcoin. Price will immediately plummet.
3. Thailand, which is the only country to so far to outright ban Bitcoin, will be purchased by an early adopter and renamed Alpacastan.
4. We will have so many new All Time High parties that we'll become alcoholics and check en masse into a rehab clinic in Malibu that accepts bitcoin
5. Lamborghini will have to retool for mass production.
6. Paul Krugman will find his true calling as a clown for kid's birthday parties
7. Sir Richard Branson will report seeing a choo choo train from his spaceship window.
8. Mining difficulty will increase by warp factor eleventeen.
9. Lazlo will attempt to return his pizza for a full refund.
and...
10. Gavin will give a presentation on cryptocurrencies to the Ku Klux Klan, the Church of Satan and NAMBLA.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 10:17:40 AM

my predictions:
2. Mad Money's Jim Kramer will recommend going long Bitcoin. Price will immediately plummet.
3. Thailand, which is the only country to so far to outright ban Bitcoin, will be purchased by an early adopter and renamed Alpacastan.
4. We will have so many new All Time High parties that we'll become alcoholics and check en masse into a rehab clinic in Malibu that accepts bitcoin
6. Paul Krugman will find his true calling as a clown for kid's birthday parties
7. Sir Richard Branson will report seeing a choo choo train from his spaceship window.
and...
10. Gavin will give a presentation on cryptocurrencies to the Ku Klux Klan, the Church of Satan and NAMBLA.

Grin
and the FBI will give DPR his BTC back.

ampere9765

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 10:38:35 AM

seen some very bearish charts on tradingview from some of the good EW guys. bullish short term maybe but very bearish longer term to 150ish and such. crazy stuff, right?

Lips sealed Undecided
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 10:44:04 AM

seen some very bearish charts on tradingview from some of the good EW guys. bullish short term maybe but very bearish longer term to 150ish and such. crazy stuff, right?

Lips sealed Undecided
could you share the link pls?
Im an EW guy myself, but I dont see a bear case. of coarse anything is possible, but if we are bullish in the short term Im content, lets roll with the punches.

blueberry

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 10:44:48 AM

IMO, 2014 will be a year of relative stability in Bitcoin compared to the rollercoaster ride of last year. I think we will see long periods of sideways price action (like in 2012) and an end of year price between $1,500 - $2,000 per BTC.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 10:46:50 AM

my predictions:
and...

very nice  Grin
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 06:26:29 PM

my predictions:
and...

very nice  Grin

thanks!

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:51:56 PM

IMO, 2014 will be a year of relative stability in Bitcoin compared to the rollercoaster ride of last year. I think we will see long periods of sideways price action (like in 2012) and an end of year price between $1,500 - $2,000 per BTC.

I'm thinking that we'll have that stability through the first 1/2 of the year, but I'm also feeling like there is a lot of people who started paying attention when it shot up to $1,200.  Lots of VC dollars and institutional investment dollars just waiting in the wings to get in on this.

I would not be shocked to see another sharp rise in the last 1/2 of the year - and I have a really hard time guessing what it would shoot to.  My "realistic" idea is $3k-$5k, but Bitcoin has refused to follow any realistic expectations so far.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 07:42:45 PM

This is my biggest fear (bigger than BTC completely crashing to $0 because I find that unlikely).. but I'm also thinking the same thing. It really sucks that the rollercoaster ride is over as soon as I got in. But does that mean the market cap remains around $12billion?

I dunno why people are hoping for stability... we have only been going up for the last 5 years.... so instead of going up they would rather have it move sideways. Ok.

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 07:57:45 PM

Bitcoin has to leap from a tiny pool of obsessives towards the rest of the world. The foundations for that are getting stronger by the minute. Thousands of super bright brains are whirring away across the globe.

It still may take a while as much of the world still doesn't know/ care/ understand or is waiting for better infrastructure and clarification. Once more of that is in place then it's time for a proper liftoff.

Perhaps 2014 will be much steadier in terms of pricing. Perhaps the current plateau in value is a sign of utility starting to catch up with speculation in a modest way.

It'll still be amazingly exciting for news and developments and it'll set the stage for incredible rises in the years after.

T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 08:09:58 PM

could you share the link pls?
Im an EW guy myself, but I dont see a bear case. of coarse anything is possible, but if we are bullish in the short term Im content, lets roll with the punches.

Come on ampere9765. Where are those charts then?

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 08:11:01 PM

2014 looks to be bitcoin's last year, based on the verified confirmed sources I'm seeing, especially the Chinese and Russian encrypted ones.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 08:14:16 PM

my predictions:
and...

This is fucking hilarious.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: