Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:39:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Safe site or scam?  (Read 963 times)
voingiappone (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:34:53 PM

Hello everybody,

I would like to convert my hardly mined BTCs in gold/silver but I live in Japan and not in the US so, either they do not ship abroad or they cover unreasonable intl shipping fees. And of course, in japan there's no such a btc accepting shop.

I found the iGotSpots site and it seems like you can pay with the Coin Payments with affordable shipping fees. Metals them selves are slightly overpriced but if I take into account the lower shipping prices they're still more ore less a good option.
Is this a scam? As anybody bought from there? International buyers, anybody? (found this topic but nobody answered https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=319547.0).

Info and help very much appreciated (also, should you know better alternatives, pleas help)!

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 04:40:45 PM

I have a 1 Thai Baht Small gold bar (96.5%) weight is just over 15 grams.

Would do if 21,000 baht's worth of BTC + EMS shipping at another 1200 baht's worth of BTC?

Let me know
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 04:53:19 PM

Hello everybody,

I would like to convert my hardly mined BTCs in gold/silver but I live in Japan and not in the US so, either they do not ship abroad or they cover unreasonable intl shipping fees. And of course, in japan there's no such a btc accepting shop.

I found the iGotSpots site and it seems like you can pay with the Coin Payments with affordable shipping fees. Metals them selves are slightly overpriced but if I take into account the lower shipping prices they're still more ore less a good option.
Is this a scam? As anybody bought from there? International buyers, anybody? (found this topic but nobody answered https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=319547.0).

Info and help very much appreciated (also, should you know better alternatives, pleas help)!

Thanks!
I would try Agora Commodities first. I've ordered from them in the past and it's been excellent.

There's also Amagi Metals, who i hear good things about. There's new shops such as digimetals and goldsilverbitcoin as well - I believe both accept Litecoin.

Whatever you do, NEVER order from Coinabul.com.
stalemate

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:16:06 PM

Visit http://www.coaex.com for the best prices. I'm running the shop and can offer escrow service, gladly. However, you are responsible for escrow fees.
Since we are promoting MemoryCoin, Bitcoin is not officially accepted but you can convert your bitcoins to memorycoin.
voingiappone (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:02:46 AM

Ok, first of all let me thank you all for the answers and all the PMs.

I'm in the "testing the ground" phase so I needed informations.

Rawted, thank you for the Agora Commodities info... I didn't know that and I will check it as soon as I can.
I heard about Amagi Metals and was one of the choices in my bookmark folders... I just think that their shipping costs increment too much with the overall shipping value. But that's it.... they still are well known and fairly cheap so maybe they do a good job after all.

But, can you please explain (or paste treads) why coinabul is not good?

stalemate,
of course knowing that I could benefit from a escrow, is a plus... I'll think about it and see if I decide to buy or not.
harkonnen

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 06:41:56 AM

Hello everybody,

Thanks!

igotspots looks like scam. Don't use it.
Why don't you exchange at MtGox.com and buy gold at your local store?
harkonnen

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 06:50:05 AM

Visit http://www.coaex.com for the best prices. I'm running the shop and can offer escrow service, gladly. However, you are responsible for escrow fees.
Since we are promoting MemoryCoin, Bitcoin is not officially accepted but you can convert your bitcoins to memorycoin.

You run coaex.com? from Turkey? Why is your website hosted in Turkey?
No phone number, no store/mailing address. What are you doing?
Did you just opened the shop on Dec 9, 2013?
I recently see many hacked WordPress websites are being used for bitcoin scams.
This site is definitely fraud.
U1TRA_L0RD

Activity: 126

CAUTION: Angry Man with Attitude.

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:04:01 AM

Hello everybody,

Thanks!
I would try Agora Commodities first. I've ordered from them in the past and it's been excellent.

There's also Amagi Metals, who i hear good things about. There's new shops such as digimetals and goldsilverbitcoin as well - I believe both accept Litecoin.

Whatever you do, NEVER order from Coinabul.com.
Amagi Metals is the best. Show him the thread, I cant find it.
voingiappone (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:53:34 AM

igotspots looks like scam. Don't use it.
Why don't you exchange at MtGox.com and buy gold at your local store?
The MtGox thing can be a good solution but here in Japan there's no such thing as a "local store". I've never seen one... but you gave me the idea so I will try to look for it. It will also be better in a taxation point of view...

The igostpots question... well, I though that offering the service with the "Coin Payments" would mean a certain degree of reliability... I mean, why offer an escrow service if you are planning to scam? On the other hand.... you buy gold and you get gold plated lead... that may be an issue...
coaex

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@coaex - LBMA certified Gold & Silver

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 04:44:55 PM

You run coaex.com? from Turkey? Why is your website hosted in Turkey?
No phone number, no store/mailing address. What are you doing?
Did you just opened the shop on Dec 9, 2013?
I recently see many hacked WordPress websites are being used for bitcoin scams.
This site is definitely fraud.

Yes, we don't provide phone number and store/mailing address.
Yes, we opened the shop on Dec 9, 2013.
Our site is definitely not fraud. We just don't have a reasonable amount of feedback yet.
Here's two happy customers that shops from us: https://cryptothrift.com/?a_action=user_profile&post_author=2085 - 2 more on the way. (Cryptothrift is an auction site with escrow service.)
If you could also check our CoinPayments.net feedback, you can see 100% trusted score there, too. (Note that CoinPayments does not provide escrow service.)
If you could spare some more time, you can also check our Bitsharestalk forum announcement and read the whole story there. Just to establish trust with our potential customers, we sent our first gold free of charge.
We had sent over 200 grams of precious metals in February. Please do not accuse us with fraud without having proper information.

Coaex Precious Metals - Cryptocoin Gold and Silver Bullion
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: