Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:01:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't hold your coin on exchange for long time.  (Read 1565 times)
NereuFajardo

Activity: 152
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:57:37 PM

Of course, holding your coins on the exchange can lead you to lose a lot of money.
It happened to me on the past, and i do not want to repeat the same thign again..

I was holding a bunch of money on my bittrex account, and they didn't let me withdraw my coins out of there
totholio

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:00:55 PM

If someone is not taking the necessary measures to protect his private keys and etc. then it's actually safer to keep it on an exchange(better ones)
bitterguy28

Activity: 2016
Merit: 175

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 11:04:10 PM

If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.
So please don't hold your coin on exchange for long time.

For me are comportable to hold my coins in online exchange whre i work my rading job yes if do not know how to handle your coin holding in the exchange have possible to lose your investment but need to monitor everyday to avoid loses the coin because every time you transfer the coin you have need to fee the itransaction.

Casabrandy

Activity: 837
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:07:36 PM

Mt Gox like exchange is already over unless you are using exchange that don't have KYC and not approve by SEC.  The regulation in cryptocurrency is now good compared to previous years that's why Chinese exchange are mostly closed since they can't comply.

VER
       ,█████████p
      ,███████████.
      d███████████b
     d█████P ██████b
    ,██████' `██████.
    d█████P   Y█████b
   d██████     ██████L
  ,██████P     ]██████.
  ███████       Y██████
 d██████L__   __J██████b
,██████████   ██████████p
███████████   ███████████

Our project will provide you with the most
favorable terms of trade, user-friendly interface,
as well as a high level of protection of our platform.

.VeraExchange.
...NEW ERA OF EXCHANGE...

.April 22th.

..JOIN NOW..
senne

Activity: 1078
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:35:32 PM

If someone is not taking the necessary measures to protect his private keys and etc. then it's actually safer to keep it on an exchange(better ones)

Then with your statement no exchange will be hacked as every exchange uses the best measures to keep the funds of their users safe but unfortunately hackers always find some loop holes in the system and attack on exchanges. I know there are many exchanges which comes with regular updates to avoid any malware in the system but so does hackers, hence it is generally advised that we should not hold coin in exchanges for long period of time due to uncertainty of losing your funds under any external attacks.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:44:28 PM

If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.
Thats what im doing budz,because i know that exchanges are vulnerable in hacking and we have no return if things happen so better save your coins in wallet or storages than leaving this in exchange.

I have some friend that once become a victim and until now hes funds is gone and the exchange continues do deny that he has a lost funds on them
3philong

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:05:53 AM

Actually, I'm also concerned about security. But my money is quite small so it is not worth buying a hard purse. because, I would also like the exchanges to secure their wallets
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 03:39:08 AM

This is always the advice of those people who lost their coins because the exchange was hacked. If you have large amount of coins in the exchange because there is always risk that the exchange will be hacked and the hacker will get your coins in which case you will lose large amount of money so better just trade for the day and then withdraw your coins afterwards so reduce your risk and if possible store your coins in a hardware wallet. Those who are trading in Mt. Gox before lose a large amount of coins so they are always the one advising not to store coins in the exchange because they learned their lesson and as what they say, if you don't hold your private key in that wallet then it is not your coin.

whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:40:16 AM

So what exchange that can be hacked by hacker,usually i hold some coin on bittrex,it is safe? I think yes,this exchange never getting hacked for a long time
All the exchange are in the danger of getting hacked so if your exchange got hacked means you can't do anything.

No exchange is safe to hold anyncoins.

If an exchange never get hacked yet doesn't means that it will be safe to hold even hacker can hack our accounts by breaking 2FA even.
BinManR

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:58:41 AM

So what exchange that can be hacked by hacker,usually i hold some coin on bittrex,it is safe? I think yes,this exchange never getting hacked for a long time
Yes, I think it is the preferred form of choice from long-term investors and traders. In some cases, I think putting a coin on a reputable exchanges and secure will bring confidence and peace of mind. I put my funds and coins in binance for 6 months now.
BarryCrypto

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 04:32:39 AM

What is your favorite hardware wallet or desktop wallet?
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 05:36:25 AM

Exchanges is not the place to store your coin, only store the coin that you want to trade in exchanges, exchanges got a bad reputation to hold coins, and learning from experience, exchanges could be a dangerous place to store your wealth, don't lazy to move your coin to wallet, it's better to do extra work rather than losing money

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
arthotdog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 05:48:20 AM

Well only noob will do that.leaving the coins inside the exchange because we know that many hacking happening on those sites.its better to save all of that after you make trading for our safeties.

Exchanges is not the place to store your coin, only store the coin that you want to trade in exchanges, exchanges got a bad reputation to hold coins, and learning from experience, exchanges could be a dangerous place to store your wealth, don't lazy to move your coin to wallet, it's better to do extra work rather than losing money
Yups thats why its called exchange meaning you will only do trading there and wallets or storage is the place to hold our coins.
Choii

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:22:13 AM

Actually all exchange site can be hack by the hacker if their project not totally secure, but in Bittrex i didn't see any negative comment that their fund hack by the hacker, so i think that is safe, but why you want to hold your coin to that exchange site? I think much better to hodl your fund on your wallet like hardware wallet 'cause exchange site not the place to store your fund use that if you want to trade.

███    TWITTER    MEGATRON      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                     THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION                  LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM     WEBSITE           FACEBOOK      ███
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:43:11 AM

I am pretty sure most people who have been involved with Bitcoin for the last few years either keep their coins in a paper wallet, cold storage or a hardware walllet.

We have all been there and saw that guy standing outside of MtGox holding a sign that read "Where are our Bitcoins"?

However most new people don't have that experience and they just keep it on an exchange because it's safer than keeping it on their Windows desktop with malware. Or they don't know how to do a proper cold storage. Or they don't know where to buy a hardware wallet.
sheenaedago

Activity: 262
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:50:03 AM

Yes, I think it is the preferred form of choice from long-term investors and traders. In some cases, I think putting a coin on a reputable exchanges and secure will bring confidence and peace of mind. I put my funds and coins in binance for 6 months now.

If we invest af reputable exchanges they had their most secure token storage while you're not still planning to sell your holdings. You could set a security confirmation through email, just like what I did with my cryptopia exchange site. The transactions on log in went out very safe upon accessing the trading environment.
Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:10:37 AM

I so much agree with this. There are unexpected scenarios wherein the system of an exchange will be hacked. We must still be play safe and secure in all the things we are doing associated with cryptocurrency especially with our hold coins. We can still put our coins in an exchange but not so long. Though some say established exchanges cannot hack, honestly, we can not say what may happen in the future.
GawirZZ

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:36:57 AM

yes it is very dangerous what if you lose your coins when you intend to exchange your coins and you lose your coins due to negligence. saving coins in exchange is very risky
automaticmoney

Activity: 420
Merit: 18

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:23:23 AM

not holding coins in exchange for long-term is a valuable suggestion for a new crypto trader we never what happens once the exchange is in problem
GermanGiant

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:31:10 AM

I agree with you, if we holding coin on the exchange will be many risks like coin hack, exchange stopped and other problems.
I recommendation use hardware wallet like ledger or trezor because of high security.
But you must keep the 24-word seed to recovery.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: