Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:29:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't hold your coin on exchange for long time.  (Read 1565 times)
anthonydav

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 06:13:07 PM

I don't practice holding coin in exchange for a long time. Because some exchange was hacked and many coin are stolen. So i am afraid it would happen to me if i hold my coin in an exchange for a long time.

Sorry to hear that mate.
Although I get you it's hard to trade if you get your money off the exchange.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jenits

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:43:49 PM

Yes i agree with you because now a days hacker is very smart and it is very simple for them to hack your account in exchanges much better to transfer it again into your main account and sell it when your coin goes up
dulari1

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

EQUAL Network Token

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:53:22 PM

Most of old Crypto users are now aware of this fact that only personal wallet are safe and that too should be hardware wallet or paper wallet .
Exchanges like Binance are secure but still why to take risk when we have best option to hold in own wallet . but day traders cant hold coin in wallets as they need to trade on daily basis , so i will advise them to use highly secure and trusted exchanges like Binance or use DEX with metamask .

EQUALtoken.io      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄
▀ ▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SELF DEFLATIONARY CRYPTOCURRENCY
icoprofits

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:51:31 PM

not holdings coins in exchange for a long time is one of the best advice and it is not advisable to hold in the wallet as well better to hold, in Ledger wallet
alfs75

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

platform for everyday business

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:54:14 PM

If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.
So please don't hold your coin on exchange for long time.

actualy its a good advice,coming from you bro and we thanks for this,maybe this a good lesson to us,that funding your crypto coins in crypto wallet is not good for us,because we have no controlled of what happen to the trading site in the future  either its be stop in there operation or its will be hacked,so in that place you have  no chaser into that trading site and they could not guarrante that your portfolio will return its back,and many happen in that cases therefore so we aware and protect our capital.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
anthonydav

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:35:41 PM

not holdings coins in exchange for a long time is one of the best advice and it is not advisable to hold in the wallet as well better to hold, in Ledger wallet

Daily traders just can't do that. It's much of a hassle to transfer it every day. Neither is profitable. Some other solution must be devised. Exchanges must be controlled somehow, they must be accountable for their actions. But in order to do so they would need to be centralized and the whole point of crypto is the exact opposite of that.
Diablomania

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:48:12 PM

This is something more than important but a lot of people are just avoiding it.

I do not understand why there are so many people always keeping all their coins on an exchange! it is more than risky.

Briella18

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:25:06 PM

I agree with you, but it is not entirely. It is difficult to do this during active trading. Especially when the coins are in endless circulation on the stock exchange.
wiro212

Activity: 700
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:27:02 PM

If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.
I really agree with what you say. other than that, we will never know how the continuation of the exchanger, they can just leave and also not responsible with their customers. no matter how much the exchange is, it's still a big risk to leave our money there.just look at the exchange now, a lot of exchanges that receive complaints from their customers and they do not even immediately fix the constraints experienced by customers. Be careful in crypto world, we just try to trade but not to safe our money in exchanges.
yhoga45

Activity: 294
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:41:58 PM

I think if they are a trader it's not a problem because they need a fast buy or sell their coins, how if they keep their coins on an offline wallet? they waiting for the transaction first. But it's good for a long term investment because they usually sell their coins after a few months so it's safer than we keep our investment on exchange.
TheNextChampion

Activity: 198

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 09:48:15 PM

I don't do it now especially some of the exchanges getting hack and you think twice if they are thinking of their security or just the hackers find a better way to steal their coins. I only use exchange when i'm going to sell my coins or i need to buy.

H A R A               WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
Coinnosaurus

Activity: 643
Merit: 264

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:44:09 PM

If you hold your coins on any marketplaces, you don't actually have control over your funds. Only cold wallets can provide full control of your money.
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:53:43 PM

Exchange sites are not a wallet so don't store any coins there even you said you do trading. However, this actually won't work with day traders as they need to have their coins ready in the exchange sites so they won't miss any good pump and dump. Yet of course, if you think you're done trading just transfer it to your personal wallet. Just store what you think you can afford to lose.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
jonland22

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:06:58 AM

This is pretty much basic among long time traders of this market, we know that there's a risk of hacking incident on every exchange even if it is the top exchange around the internet.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
Telegram Facebook www.casperproject.io Github Twitter ANN
DirtMcGirt36

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:37:12 AM

Treat them all like the next Gox and you wont have an issue
Nasonn

Activity: 616
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:00:59 AM

This is one of the basic things you learn as a beginner but a lot of people seem to ignore it.
sheryl26

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:16:30 AM

I didn't know that there are some hackers in that thing hopefully and thankfully I am not been hacked. But whenever the profits of the icos that I've been through is small I just hold that coin in the exchange because you dont want to have a small profits of course you will hope for a lot more bigger. You exerted an effort in that and time you have wasted time for that and those deserves a lot of profit sometimes holding give me a huge profit but sometimes there are dead coins that leads into absolutely nothing
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:39:31 AM

I think if they are a trader it's not a problem because they need a fast buy or sell their coins, how if they keep their coins on an offline wallet? they waiting for the transaction first. But it's good for a long term investment because they usually sell their coins after a few months so it's safer than we keep our investment on exchange.
Although they are a trader then they should not save too much money on an exchange. Because to avoid the risk is very large, as we know that some time ago there was the incident that some exchange experienced hacking, it makes all the funds in the exchange hacked by people who are not responsible. I highly recommend for anyone who wants to save a lot of money then you should use a wallet that has a private key. it will be much more secure that the funds we have are much safer.
DevilSlayer

Activity: 1400
Merit: 357

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:03:38 AM

It is true! The purpose of the wallet is to store your coins and to secure that it is safe. You are right that we should not deposit or store our coins in an exchange because there is high possibility that the exchanger can be hack by hackers.
ahmedzobair11

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:34:31 AM

what about exchanges ?
Aren't it using hardware wallet ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: