Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:52:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't hold your coin on exchange for long time.  (Read 1565 times)
gghh111111

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:35:24 AM

Yes. I had bad experience with coinexchange
They staked my coin and got profits.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
webdevmastery

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:54:35 AM

If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.
So please don't hold your coin on exchange for long time.

Holding your coin on a exchanger is just fine as long as the market is very reliable, you can always look on the history of the exchanger if there's an issue before or ask a reliable person on what exchanger is the best market to place your coins.
Phantomberry

Activity: 588
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:37:46 AM

I agree with that in order to more secured your coins or tokens you need to transfer that in your personal hardware wallet like trezor or ledger nano than rather to stay in a exchange.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 03:18:23 AM

Exactly! It doesn't make any sense to hold funds on any website, exchange or web wallet unless you are going to use it immediately. I am using a paper wallet with multiple backup copies stored in multiple geographical locations as my main cold storage, then I am using the Trezor wallet as my active wallet and I also use web wallet for easy accessibility but never keep more than 5% funds there.
Usafstar

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:40:07 AM

I think a professional trader will not hold one coin for long time but they will exchange when the time is good for exchange and now a days many other coins are circulating in a high ratio so exchanging coin is the better option for growth.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
coin_1122

Activity: 1134
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:48:03 AM

Yes, it is really bad idea to keep holding your coins on the exchange because we don't know when those exchangeges will get hacked. It is better to hold only day trading coin, other coins you can move to their desired wallets.
hacekd

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:54:48 AM

There is an advantage and disadvantage both.. If you have no coins in your exchange wallet, how about the constant pump of the coins you are currently holding, transferring coin in one's exchange wallet consume more time, and when the coins arrived in your exchange wallet, the pump/dumb are gone, so you missed the opportunity of a big profit.. Choose exchanges with a higher level of security.. my opinion.

What you say is true, but it will be still wiser to cut down the profit than risking all our assets in an exchange. No matter the exchange has the highest security level, something unexpected may happen anytime. OK they are safe from hacking attempt, but how about scam attempt from the owner of the exchange? We cant fully trust something in this online world especially if we talk about "money".

it's better to use a well-maintained exchange from start of storage security as well as trade and that really is not any fraudulent site it will be safer.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
@baracitamon

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:06:58 PM

But I personally hold for a long time we can choose to sell pennies at reasonable prices. So I think in the future the price of the altcoin will increase sharply, they do not decrease as strongly now.
denisaardelean

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:56:29 PM

If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.
I think you should not hold any long-term coin at this point, can see that the market is continuing its bear market as bitcoin prices are constantly falling throughout the days. The dramatic fall in bitcoin prices has led to a sharp drop in altcoin prices, and according to my analysis, bitcoin prices may continue to fall sharply in the coming days so you should not keep any coins at the time this.
pelipurlara

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:04:39 AM

I think if you can verify your account with verification of mobile verification email and 2F Authentication correctly from your account, Hackers do not have a chance to steal your money and you are free from loss. And I think they just created an account, they just put a token without reading the terms and conditions and verifying the security
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 06:10:47 AM

I think if you can verify your account with verification of mobile verification email and 2F Authentication correctly from your account, Hackers do not have a chance to steal your money and you are free from loss. And I think they just created an account, they just put a token without reading the terms and conditions and verifying the security
I don't think by that way they can hack it because they might hack the exchange and once they got access to everything in there they can bypass your email and Google authenticator without requiring it. Everything is possible with hackers and that the reason wjy it was never been advised to hodl it on exchanges.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Arwinkim

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 06:13:36 AM

Honestly, I don't store my coins in my personal wallet because it is more hackable than exchange wallet. I only trade in well known exchanges like Binance, Bittrex and Poloniex because I believe their security system stronger and safer. Besides, my coins value is not more than 1 BTC, so I think storing my coins in exchange is a good option. Would be convinient if I want to trade it in instant. Do I forget mentioning transfer expensive fee from exchange to personal wallet?
gamalzour

Activity: 566
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 07:53:20 AM

Almost every week some Exchanges are hacked. The newest hack happened on Bithumb yesterday and $30 millions were stolen. There is no 100% secure exchange. The only question is when they will be hacked and will You be affected or not.  Only the trading amount should be left on exchanges. The most secure way for storing Your investment is on hardware wallets bought from the official distributors.
In long term trading you will need to look for the Bitcoin and Ethereum because these two are favorable for long term trading or investment. These are having long term trusted store of value and you will get profit if you wait for the price to go high and then sell it. Come out from complications and just follow the market rules in order to survive in the market of your desired selection.
hoavantathan

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 09:21:18 AM

For BTC or ETH you should hold long time. But other crytos you must sell all when it gets on big exchanges.
610S

Activity: 203
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:24:52 AM

Your statement is not completely wrong. But some people like to hold their coin in there hardware wallet so when the value of their coin rises they get their profit. Many people earn a lot by holding their coins. but you have to be smart and take information about the price of that specific coins ups and downs. If the market value is good you can exchange.
Prince Edu17

Activity: 420
Merit: 28

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 11:00:36 AM

This is totally right, As of now that many exchange got hacked that's why i never hold my coin in exchange if i want to hold it i will withdraw it and hold it in my wallet to make it secure
mung_nasib

Activity: 602

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 11:50:14 AM

I think in the world of cryptocurrency one must be ready to accept all the risks that arise suddenly so when they insist on continuing to hold an asset for a long period of time, caution is needed to anticipate big losses.

connexus

Activity: 774
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 12:20:45 PM

That is true. For safe keeping purposes we should always keep the coins in the wallet and not exchanges because our investment might be hacked and we can’t even benefit from it.
collins3

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 02:08:26 PM

I strongly believe that you should not invest long term at this point, you can see that bitcoin prices are constantly fluctuating and difficult to guess, the market is bearish in the long term, because So we can only know the bitcoin price will decrease but can not know exactly at what time. So if you keep long term coin it will be very dangerous and very risky if the bitcoin price drops sharply.
YoungMaster

Activity: 462

MYCRYPTOBANK.IO

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:25:26 PM

Yes i totally agree with you.
We can't underestimate by saving our coins to exchangers even they are famous exchange and safer.
As for the decision we should save our coin directly to our desktop wallet or maybe it could be wiser if we store it by using hardware wallet such as trezor.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: