Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:15:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't hold your coin on exchange for long time.  (Read 1565 times)
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:36:04 PM

I am 60/40 on this in favor of not storing your coins in an exchange site. We all know the risk involved in storing your coins in an exchange site but imagine the problem that you will need to go through if you found a good opportunity in trading. Before your deposit shows up in the exchanger, opportunity is gone. Furthermore, every time you cash out and cash in involves fees coming from your wallet and going out from the exchanger.
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:09:49 PM

Yes i totally agree with you.
We can't underestimate by saving our coins to exchangers even they are famous exchange and safer.
As for the decision we should save our coin directly to our desktop wallet or maybe it could be wiser if we store it by using hardware wallet such as trezor.
hardware wallet is 100% safe but if you don't have you can keep it in the desktop wallet and some coins have only online wallets those coins we can store it in online. In exchanges, we keep only new tokens which don't have separate wallets like a desktop or online wallets. Some exchanges we can believe but why risk.
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:27:25 PM

Yes i totally agree with you.
We can't underestimate by saving our coins to exchangers even they are famous exchange and safer.
As for the decision we should save our coin directly to our desktop wallet or maybe it could be wiser if we store it by using hardware wallet such as trezor.
hardware wallet is 100% safe but if you don't have you can keep it in the desktop wallet and some coins have only online wallets those coins we can store it in online. In exchanges, we keep only new tokens which don't have separate wallets like a desktop or online wallets. Some exchanges we can believe but why risk.
That is right, don't trust too much the exchange and that we should never hold our coins their for a long time as there were many instances where the exchange was hacked and we don't want that to happen in our life that in just a blink of an eye we will lose everything we have.
desmonddesk1

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:15:46 PM

This is a vital advice. For me, I only resort to leaving some coin on an exchange when I have the plans to sell it off soon. Or the coin has a wallet I can't download at the moment - I'll simply get address from the exchange and use. We can't predict when an exchange will get hacked. It is important to keep our funds where we have control over. Another concern is, what if your hardware wallet gets corrupt or something. You loss everything right? Same with desktop wallet

★   C O N C I E R G E  C O I N   ★               ★  POS and MASTERNODES conciergecoin.net ★
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:46:41 PM

If you want to hold your coins you can do that anyplace mate. Please review about the good wallets and have your fund on it for keeping the security concerns like 2FA and .JSON file saving it securely mate.

Since the exchange wallets are open to access by everyone on the wallet support you cannot say that wallet is secured one mate.
Sergio444

Activity: 174
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 09:34:22 PM

You know, you are right but this principle will not be applicable to someone who is always on the exchange for day trading. YOU cant day trade withoud holding your coin on the exchange. The business there is buy and sell. So I am pretty sure they know the risk involved involved in holding your coin on the exchange. But for those who really are not in day trading, it is best you don't try to save your coin on the exchange. Hackers are everywhere.
BariaczRoni

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:19:57 AM

I advise you not to keep these coins in the long run. When you have enough profit should sell immediately, do not let emotions dominant to expect the coin will continue increase prices. Coins for too long will easily lead to sharp discounts, theft, hackers, ...
twostepsally

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:59:13 AM

I advise you not to keep these coins in the long run. When you have enough profit should sell immediately, do not let emotions dominant to expect the coin will continue increase prices. Coins for too long will easily lead to sharp discounts, theft, hackers, ...

So the coin long time. It good opportunity for get more profit. So people hold the coin long time. If need for any emergency purpose. Sell the coin price increase time. It digital currency. So it any where to use and any time to increase the price. So people will be check the market price. If want to know more information of the all coin.
Tapyaks72

Activity: 490
Merit: 28

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:15:23 AM

So the coin long time. It good opportunity for get more profit. So people hold the coin long time. If need for any emergency purpose. Sell the coin price increase time. It digital currency. So it any where to use and any time to increase the price. So people will be check the market price. If want to know more information of the all coin.
Hodl is still the best strategy soo far in time  like this in which the price is in the bottom, but  in long term holding I would prefer to hold stronger coins like  bitcoin  because what  I considered is the stability and safety of your assets.

magmar

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:33:36 AM

If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.
So please don't hold your coin on exchange for long time.

We really cannot say that because some coins that if you hold for a ling time their price rise up and jf there are a new exchanger that comes usually the price is much higher than the previous one so that is much more profit. But of course there are some times that when you hold too much what will happen is the coins will die soon until it comes to the point that you cannot sell them anymore because they are really worthless. But again it depends on the coin
hridoyb

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 12:26:32 PM

If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.
Yes i was lost my 135 tokens and it price was more 20k$  .Bitrex and binance most safe and secured exchanger so i think never join or trade other exchangers without knowing more details about. Most of the people lost and hacked for click pshing site which looking like original so be carefully

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
Divere1996

Activity: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 12:34:52 PM

nicely isn't always really helpful for one to keep his or her coins on the trade due to the fact the change can be hacked at any time or the withdrawal of the precise coins you're keeping may be placed on hold for purpose satisfactory acknowledged to exchanger operators.
Elmer1

Activity: 109

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 12:55:06 PM

It depends on the extent of your experience and circulation. If you are buying and selling daily, you will have to keep your currency for a while, but as a rule, it is always better to transfer to your wallet as long as you do not want to use your cryptocurrencies.
Transaction fees are meager, so a loss of $ 2 to protect $ 2000 is not a bad swap. Remember: wallets does not mean that your currencies are safe unless you know how to use it "save your seed, hide your private key,...etc." If you want to hold your coins you can do that anyplace mate. Please review about the good wallets and have your fund on it for keeping the security concerns like 2FA and .JSON file saving it securely Hodl is still the best strategy soo far in time  like this in which the price is in the bottom, but  in long term holding I would prefer to hold stronger coins like  bitcoin  because what  I considered is the stability and safety of your assets.
collins3

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:22:47 PM

I think that at this point you should not hold coin as well as long term investment at this point, you can see that bitcoin prices are steadily declining in recent days and now fell to $ 5800. The market is very bad signals, bitcoin prices will reduce the price of altcoin drastically and you will be able to lose very heavy if you keep altcoin.
adamantasaurus

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:26:17 PM

LOL are you making this post for newbs that don't know this #1 rule in crypto?? Never leave your money on an exchange! With that said I have some money on exchanges I used for trading and such that I leave there but it is nothing that I am not 1000% comfortable with losing if something does happen Smiley But like one of the other users said I think decentralized exchanges will be big in the coming years Smiley
TGD

Activity: 1288
Merit: 620

Wen Rolex?

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:48:30 PM

Yes i was lost my 135 tokens and it price was more 20k$  .Bitrex and binance most safe and secured exchanger so i think never join or trade other exchangers without knowing more details about. Most of the people lost and hacked for click pshing site which looking like original so be carefully
true store your coin in a trusted exchanger so it would ever be safe cause taking this in other exchange that you may never knowing the details of it you might be lost it for.

Don't mind me | Just checking out here for Duelbits Promotion | Bitcoin 1M | Duelbits no 1
Rubel23

Activity: 103

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:57:34 PM

Yes, you are right.In current situation, Some exchanges are being hacked by the hackers.Most are feeling insecure to store  their funds or coins to exchange.But There are some reliable exchanges also that have strong security and hard to hack.But it is always recommended to keep those funds in a personal wallet that is reliable.
Adrin

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:01:06 PM

In this online industry there to money exchanger site but all exchanger is not good so it is very perfect if you don't hold your coin in one exchanger for a long time but if you use bittrex, poloniex and binance thus are very good platform so you can hold your coin for a long time without any doubt. Before holding your coin You must use 2Fa verification system otherwise you can be lost your home money.
KirilBit

Activity: 61
Merit: 9

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:00:32 PM

My opinion. There is an advantage and disadvantage both. If you have no coins in your exchange wallet, how about the constant pump of the coins you are currently holding, transferring coin in one's exchange wallet consume more time, and when the coins arrived in your exchange wallet, the pump/dumb are gone, so you missed the opportunity of a big profit. Choose exchanges with a higher level of security.
Telybin

Activity: 114

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:53:25 PM

I do not know much about technical analysis. So I can only buy and hold. I kept the coins I was investing for a long time and when my coins went up I would sell.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: