Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:31:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't hold your coin on exchange for long time.  (Read 1565 times)
xitrum

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:50:41 PM

If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.
So please don't hold your coin on exchange for long time.
We should not keep coin and long-term investment, the market is falling into crisis as the price of bitcoin is constantly decreasing and consequently the price of altcoin drops sharply, so long investment At this point, you will only get a loss and you will be able to lose a lot if the market can not recover and continue to fall deeply.

Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:55:56 PM

That's right, I'm not particular of just letting my coins sleep in exchanges waiting for a better price then sell. It is the way also to keep safe from losing our coins, it is better to keep it in MEW.
I don't think is just because of hacking issues but also of some maintenance break. Anyway, it is rarely to happen but have chances though. 
alfs75

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

platform for everyday business

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:55:40 AM

If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.
Thanks bro,for this your good advise in doing some holding capital in exchange trading,actually all of this happen mostly difenitly true,and alarming,because when we put up our crypto coins in the tradings exchanges that we would like to make a transaction,so that its ready to exchanges it to fiat or convert to another altcoins,we could not assure that if there something happen those trading site's our crypto coins would return in exact value,or return back to you in good hands,thats why its discourage to put some of our portfolio in the trading sites,in order to aware of hacking system.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Premooooo

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:54:53 AM

I think it's right to prevent the damage
 in the end

because you think you have fallen on Bitcoin so far
but in the end
 the price of the bitcoin will collapse too
i and may also be defeated in the future.
laravuemaster

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 03:46:40 AM

You have a point because there are market's that cannot actually handle the growth of cryptocurrency and sometimes there are hacking issues as well due to their weak security so i prefer using ledger than.

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:22:29 AM

You have a point because there are market's that cannot actually handle the growth of cryptocurrency and sometimes there are hacking issues as well due to their weak security so i prefer using ledger than.

Yeah that's one thing we can learn from the mtgox debacle a few years ago though i quite ended up well for the investors because btc's value grew a lot while they're waiting for their case. But it could've gone the other way so just to be sure have all your hodlsin your personal wallet.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:17:40 AM

Only if you are a day trader should you have your cryptos in exchange and in that case too not all of your tokens/coins, just the amount with which you can trade and bear the risk of. Exchanges get hacked many a times and not all exchanges provide refund for the money stolen. So, please stay vigilant and keep your investments in their respective wallets or better yet in a hardware wallet like Trezor.

kolfedinew

Activity: 177
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:34:22 PM

Yeah that's one thing we can learn from the mtgox debacle a few years ago though i quite ended up well for the investors because btc's value grew a lot while they're waiting for their case. But it could've gone the other way so just to be sure have all your hodlsin your personal wallet.
You should not keep the assets you have in exchange because there is very high risk, one of them is your assets can be stolen there.
NicoRosberg

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:42:30 PM

I never do
mountain_hacker

Activity: 116

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:45:54 PM

I never do
And what do you do?
kolfedinew

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:49:59 PM

You know sometimes people can exchange between each other.
It calls p2p exchanger - there is no unified center - so it is imposible to stole
mountain_hacker

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:51:16 PM

It calls p2p exchanger - there is no unified center - so it is imposible to stole
What are you talking about? Do you mean localbitcoin?
trespiclof

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:52:23 PM

I can’t trust exchangers because sometimes I just don’t receive my money.  Rating, fine. But I want to be sure what I’m doing.
trespiclof

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:55:41 PM

I can’t trust exchangers because sometimes I just don’t receive my money.  Rating, fine. But I want to be sure what I’m doing.
It’s a drawback of a rating system. 
kolfedinew

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:57:58 PM

I heard there is a secure one where only the payment system is unblocking your transaction.
mountain_hacker

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:58:40 PM

I heard there is a secure one where only the payment system is unblocking your transaction.
Nice. What’s the platform?
kolfedinew

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:59:35 PM

Streamity. They have an exchanger and no there is no commissions for transactions.
mountain_hacker

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:04:54 PM

Streamity. They have an exchanger and no there is no commissions for transactions.
oh, really? I’ll try. Hope, it’s safe.
trespiclof

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:06:35 PM

oh, really? I’ll try. Hope, it’s safe.

It is. due to smart-contracrs...I tried, no problems.
mountain_hacker

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:08:45 PM

Yeah! I’m going to. Thank you in advance for your help
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: