Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:21:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't hold your coin on exchange for long time.  (Read 1565 times)
bitcolic

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 07:18:00 PM

every single day we are witnessing a new hack issue so if you are hodler better to keep on a personal wallet ..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 07:19:46 PM

It is fair enough I think,  I can agree on that while I am withdrawing my funds from Exchange right after the transaction I made. Because I consider my wallet as more trustworthy than exchange wallet, even on Binance
Enchanted binance And I really like it, especially the ability to make the account secure using SMS auntification and email auntification.
Bubblestonemax

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 06:05:07 AM

Its not advisable to hold your coins on an exchange as this can be very dangerous. Better to hold your coins or tokens in your wallet where u control its private keys
tuanphuong666

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 08:33:20 AM

I agree with your opinion. I rarely hold coin for long term exchange because it is not safe
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 10:00:07 AM

It is fair enough I think,  I can agree on that while I am withdrawing my funds from Exchange right after the transaction I made. Because I consider my wallet as more trustworthy than exchange wallet, even on Binance
Yes, a trusted cold storage is much more than better than holding your coins in exchange. With this newest big amount hackings in every exchange is totally alarming to all. But if you are in daily trade make sure every portion of ypur profit will be out on exchange for safety. I don't trust any exchange even how advance are their security as hackers will always find a way to hack it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
rexxarofmoknathal

Activity: 966
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:10:38 AM

This topic has been discussed many times on this forum and in fact everybody is now aware of it that holding coins on exchanges for long time is quite unsafe. We have also experienced several incidents in the past regarding the hacking of exchanges like Mt. Gox.

Yes, that's already known; holding coins or tokens on the exchange for more than it need be is a risky move, better to retract it to your wallet for safety.

BUY & SELL
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BITCOIN ETHEREUM RIPPLE
FAQ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AFFILIATE PROGRAM

░██████████████████░
████████████████████
█████████▀░░░███████
█████████░░▄████████
███████▀▀░░▀▀███████
███████▄▄░░▄▄███████
█████████░░█████████

█████████░░█████████

█████████▄▄█████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀█▀███
███░▀█████▀░░░░░▀███
███▌░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░█████

██████▄░░░░░▄▄██████

█████▄▄▄▄███████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████████████
███████████▀▀░░▐████
███████▀▀░░░░░█████
████▀░░░▄█▀░░░▐█████
█████▄▄█▀░░░░░██████

███████▌▄▄▄▐██████

████████████████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
Rupcrypto

Activity: 178

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:29:54 AM

I think that there not necessary to hold for too long time for exchange it may be risky because no one can guess what will happen in the future.
Fantastickarl

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:15:17 AM

This is one of the best advises that you can give any one in the crypto industry. Holding many tokens on the exchange without trading it (buying or selling) prices to come with a bigger risk. Its less riskier to have your tokens in your wallet that you control the private keys
coffigayo

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:01:43 PM

es it is difficult to do this for active trading. Especially when the coins are circulating endlessly on the stock market. If we hold our coins in any market, we actually have no control over our funds. Only cold wallets that can give full control over our money.
ngacengan

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:07:38 PM

yes of course you should not hold the coin you have at the exchange because I think if you hold the coin at the exchange it has a very high risk so you should save it in the external wallet or wallet like ledger.
lotsky123

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:29:43 PM

You are absolutely right mate. Never hold your tokens in exchanges if you're not going to sell because of a hacking issue which is rampant all over the internet. Like what had happened months ago wherein 3 exchanges have been hacked which causes the downfall of the market price until today and I think it's not recovering yet.
paulo013

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:19:11 PM

Yes i do. I just using exchange when selling my coins. But staying my coins in a exchange, No. because we don't know when the hacker to attack.
portalufonet

Activity: 226

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:10:17 PM

This is one of the best advises that you can give any one in the crypto industry. Holding many tokens on the exchange without trading it (buying or selling) prices to come with a bigger risk. Its less riskier to have your tokens in your wallet that you control the private keys
Yes, if you do not trade regularly, keeping the coin on the Exchange is unreasonable because the risk is huge when Exchange is targeted by hackers around the world. It is therefore important to preserve the coin carefully and more efficiently to ensure that coins are safe.
panjay

Activity: 1079
Merit: 352

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:16:08 PM

yes time to time, exchange getting hacked, either from system got hacked or they attack the user side with a phishing site or some kind of viruses.
boynamnhi

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:23:00 PM

If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.
So please don't hold your coin on exchange for long time.
Yes, I think that at this point you should not hold and invest long term, you can see that bitcoin prices are constantly fluctuating and the market is bearish in the long run, so to be able Successful trading is very difficult, bitcoin prices can decrease at any time and if you keep the longer the damage will be larger.
ervinmadureri

Activity: 302

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:25:11 PM

If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.
So please don't hold your coin on exchange for long time.
I believe that at this time we should only buy and invest in the short term, you should not hold long any coin, at present bitcoin prices are recovering but recovery is not strong and bitcoin prices will be able to reduce strong at any time. So at this point I think you should only invest in short term and always have a specific trading plan.
ubeng07

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:41:49 PM

yes of course you should not hold the coin you have at the exchange because I think if you hold the coin at the exchange it has a very high risk so you should save it in the external wallet or wallet like ledger.
in short most of exchange are not trustable that we can also have to take a risk on it we should be more practical and open minded you should always think the sake of your hardwork then dont let this to be stolen just because you store it for so long.
Daniel9140

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:41:59 PM

Holding coins on an exchange for a long time is very risky. Anything can happen to the coins. The exchange can be hacked and you lose the whole tokens therein. That's why its far better to keep your tokens in your private wallet than keeping it on the exchange
saLve88

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:28:24 PM

I agree with you mate. Especially about the coins with low capital / volume. Because you may enter to the trade when the token just comes to market where is high volume at the beginning but with the time people forget the coin and as no volume in exchange you wont able to sell your coins as there re no any buyers
nelsledma

Activity: 572
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:36:28 AM

This topic has been discussed many times on this forum and in fact everybody is now aware of it that holding coins on exchanges for long time is quite unsafe. We have also experienced several incidents in the past regarding the hacking of exchanges like Mt. Gox.

If you want to be a professional and an efficient trader then do not trade poorly but fuel up yourself which means that get the experience of trading by doing and repeating the process in different situations which will build up your knowledge. With this experience there is no power which can stop you from touching your destination so simply never ever ignore the basic and focus on your process wither for long term o short term.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: