Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:37:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: You, Me, and BTC: YOUR Liberty + Bitcoin Podcast! E103: PGP Key or GTFO  (Read 6630 times)
tim-tams (OP)

Activity: 479
Merit: 252

You, Me, and BTC: *Your* Liberty & Bitcoin Podcast

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 06:58:03 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2015, 07:52:34 PM by tim-tams

Wright’s Wrong: PGP Key or GTFO - YMB Podcast E103

Last week, WIRED and Gizmodo reported evidence that a man named Craig Steven Wright is Satoshi Nakamoto. While there’s still no definitive proof that the stories are true (or false!), this seems to be another Newsweek situation.

Today, we’ll chat about that evidence, its flaws, a possible murder mystery, and tons more. We’ll also weigh in on the common belief that we should leave Satoshi alone and we’ll discuss a Cornell professor who has analyzed these stories from a fairly broad perspective.

Your hosts are Daniel Brown, Tim Baker, and John Stuart. Tune in now!

Leave a comment and tell us why you think Craig Steven Wright is or is not the real Satoshi Nakamoto!

We’d also like to thank this episode’s sponsors, LuckyBit and BitcoinTalk.club.

Hello! I want to announce You, Me, and BTC: YOUR Liberty and Bitcoin Podcast! We aim to provide a casual, conversational show about the hot topics in the cryptocurrency community. Every Thursday, we chat about how Bitcoin is setting the world free and share the latest cryptocurrency news and general Bitcoin talk.

Guests have included Mastering Bitcoin author Andreas Antonopoulos, Liberty.me CLO Jeffrey Tucker, Antiwar.com editor Angela Keaton, Bitcoin/liberty activist Michele Seven, Jason King from Sean's Outpost Homeless Outreach, Drew Phillips from Bitcoin Not Bombs, and numerous Bitcoin-loving founders, CEOs, and activists. We also occasionally broadcast a LIVE Bitcoin news/opinion show. Tune in now and see what the craze is all about!

If you have a Bitcoin project or would like to be on the show, please let us know! We'd love to have you join us.

We are always looking for feedback so if you have any thoughts, questions, or anything at all, please leave a comment, send a PM, or email us!

Follow Us:
Twitter | Facebook

Subscribe:
Email | iTunes | YouTube | More

Thanks for your support! If you have questions, just ask!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
waxwing

Activity: 469
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:11:58 AM

Thanks. Can I suggest putting a download link for the mp3? As is sometimes the case with podcasts, I had to find the link in the html source.

PGP fingerprint 2B6FC204D9BF332D062B 461A141001A1AF77F20B (use email to contact)
EndlessWin

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 10:29:22 AM

Are you in itunes? Was not able to find you

tired of identical bitcoin forks? try out BCN - no ASICs, no transaction tracking https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512747.0
tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 01:40:10 PM

Thanks. Can I suggest putting a download link for the mp3? As is sometimes the case with podcasts, I had to find the link in the html source.

To download, you should be able to just right click on the player and click "Save audio as" or something similar. Let me know if this still does not work.

Are you in itunes? Was not able to find you

Not yet, I'm working on that. I'll let everyone know when I succeed.

waxwing

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:29:24 PM

To download, you should be able to just right click on the player and click "Save audio as" or something similar. Let me know if this still does not work.

Thanks, yes, that does work. I think a link with the word download somewhere is a bit more obvious (RSS is cool too). The chat was pretty interesting, well done Smiley

PGP fingerprint 2B6FC204D9BF332D062B 461A141001A1AF77F20B (use email to contact)
tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 04:02:48 PM

Thanks, yes, that does work. I think a link with the word download somewhere is a bit more obvious (RSS is cool too). The chat was pretty interesting, well done Smiley

Thanks for the comments!

I added the direct download links and they work for me, but it would be great if you could test them out too. Thanks!

waxwing

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:24:34 PM

Works fine Smiley

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 09:55:04 PM

Works fine Smiley

Ok awesome!

We're currently pending approval by iTunes. I'll let you all know when we're on there.

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 04:02:17 PM

We're on iTunes now!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/id806208906?i=240531720&mt=2

The cover art scaled wrong and is a mess at the moment so I uploaded a better image, but it might take a few hours or even days to update. However, for some reason if you subscribe, the better image will show up in your library. (Seriously, I'm not just saying that to get you to subscribe. It's weird.)

Give us a listen please!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 04:47:09 PM

Episode 5 is now available!

It's a little shorter, but we focus on the government's recent Bitcoin activity. Enjoy, and let me know what you think!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 11:14:38 PM

I just released Episode 6. It's probably a new favorite for me. We discuss the difficulties of obtaining Bitcoins and how the government unfairly treats Bitcoin entrepreneurs. Toward the end we chat about some philosophical ideas pertaining to good, evil, and the minimum wage. Enjoy! Let me know what you think too.

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 03:51:25 PM

Just wanted to mention our call for sponsors. I think the price is extremely cheap but feel free to make another offer. See this post for more info.

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 01:06:09 AM

Episode 7 is now available! It's all about Bitcoin and Big Business. We talk about Apple's decision to boot Blockchain, MtGox's decision to cease Bitcoin withdrawals, Starbucks, Butterfly Labs, and more!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 05:42:37 PM

I just got us set up with Twitter if anyone is willing to give us a follow. @YouMeAndBTC

Don't forget about our Facebook page too, which could use some likes. Thanks guys!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 06:35:18 PM

Just released Episode 8! It's the first in a two part series about our favorite Bitcoin services! We talk about some retailers that accept Bitcoin, a few Android apps, and more. Enjoy! We'd love to know what you think and if you know of any other services that should make the list.

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 07:13:54 PM

Episode 9 is now available! Find out the rest of our favorite Bitcoin services, including Let's Talk Bitcoin, these forums, Purse.io, and more!

As a side note, we will be airing an interview with the CEO of Amagi Metals two weeks from today. Don't miss that!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 06:32:12 PM

Episode 10 is here! We're excited to reach a somewhat significant number like this. This week we touch on Gox and talk about precious metals. We ask you to help us convince a popular gold bug that Bitcoin still works too. Tune in to see what you can do!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 09:50:34 PM

Tune in to Episode 11 ASAP! We interviewed Stephen Macaskill, the CEO of Amagi Metals and this episode is awesome. We talk about gold, silver, alt-coins, anarchy and lots more! Feedback appreciated. We would love some tips as well. Thanks and enjoy!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 05:35:19 PM

Just released Episode 12! It's an amazing conversation with the founder of CoinStax.com, Robert Michael. We talk about a 14 point criticism of Bitcoin written by that well-known gold bug we mentioned a few weeks ago, Franklin Sanders. Great show about the real meaning of value and the issues with fiat currency.

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 05:24:31 PM

Episode 13 is here! It's all about what Bitcoin has to do with ideas, information, and intellectual property.

There's also a Bitcoin rap in this episode. It's a Little Wayne parody but it's kind of embarrassing so don't worry if you decide not to listen to it. Wink

Yes, I said Little Wayne.

Also, we have a giveaway going on now! We'll be giving away silver, Bitcoin and more every Saturday for the next few months. You can read the rules here and earn an easy entry simply by replying to this thread.

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 12:03:49 AM

Just released Episode 14! It's a chat with Jay Shore, the founder of Coinabul.com. We'll talk about his banking issues, the IRS, and more. He'll also tell us a cool story about some women who knew about Bitcoin years ago too. Let us know what you think!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 05:53:46 PM

Episode 15 is now available! The hosts will take a break today as we hear from an economics professor, Dr. Jeffrey Herbener. He'll examine Bitcoin with economics in mind. Can it really be used as a regular money? What about all the taxes now? Tune in for all that and more!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 08:49:16 PM

Episode 16 is out! We'll chat about the Heartbleed Bug and the possibility that the government was exploiting it. Later we'll interview Gweedo from here at Bitcoin Talk to chat about his new project, APIcoin. Tune in and enjoy!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 05:02:21 PM

Just released Episode 17! Learn why anonymity is so important with Bitcoin and how you can achieve it. We'll also chat about some difficulties that often arise when explaining to people the apolitical ideas surrounding cryptocurrency.

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 10:29:10 PM

Episode 18 is out! This week, we'll speak with Andrew Lee from PurseIO, a unique Amazon/Bitcoin marketplace. It allows you to buy Bitcoin with a credit card or get a discount when spending it at Amazon. We also share some Bitcoin jokes. Enjoy!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 02:30:38 AM

Episode 19 is available! Tune in to our conversation about whether or not Bitcoin is just for privileged people. We'll also talk about the fact that generally, Bitcoin requires computers and the internet. Is that bad? Is it unfair to those who cannot use those things?

Also, the YMB Team is looking for one more sponsor for our trip to a Bitcoin conference. See this thread for more info.

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 04:52:41 PM

Released E20: Bitcoin and World Leaders a few days ago and forgot to update this thread. It's a pretty interesting show that has generated some tough conversation. First we discuss the FEC's decision to allow Bitcoin donations to election campaigns. Then we chat about an opposite idea: crowdfunding for the assassination of world leaders. Tune in!

We also want to thank our first repeat podcast sponsor, the developers of Cannacoin. They have a cool ad in this show too.

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 03:15:18 PM

Released Episode 21 last night! We had a virtual Bitcoin meetup the other day and took the audio from that. We had an amazing time and touched on tons of topics with some awesome guests. Tune in!

WheresWaldo

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:49:38 PM

good stuff  Roll Eyes

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 11:57:19 PM

good stuff  Roll Eyes

Thank you very much! We always love feedback, even little bits! Smiley

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 11:58:47 PM

Released E22 a few days ago. Two awesome interviews:

1. We chat with Sai, the president of Make Your Laws. He was the one who asked the FEC to expressly allow Bitcoin donations to political candidates.

2. We chat with Josh, also known as SubCreative, the developer of Cannacoin.

Tune in!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 03:06:57 PM

Released E23: MoneGraph and Art as a Currency last Thursday! MoneGraph allows digit artists to create "original copies" of their work with the Namecoin blockchain. It sounds fantastic, but we're not sure it's perfect. Tune in!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 01:53:43 PM

Haven't updated this in awhile. In E24, we answered YOUR hypothetical Bitcoin questions from this thread. Lots of cool ideas, some realistic and some not. Tune in!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 01:58:03 PM

Episode 25 was one of our greatest so far. We interviewed the author of Wildcat Currency and talked about how dollars are more virtual than cryptocurrency, how the virtual money revolution might play out, and much more.

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 02:23:08 PM

"If you want to fuck with the government, feed homeless people!"

Last Wednesday, we released our first in a series of special interviews. It was a fantastic interview with Jason King from Sean's Outpost. We sat down with him at Bitcoin in the Beltway to talk about his charity projects, his role in the conference, and much more. Tune in!

Let us know what you think too! We'd love to hear from you all.

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 12:51:19 PM

E26: The Bitcoin in the Beltway Journey

That episode was recorded during our travels to and from the Bitcoin in the Beltway conference. We talked about what we expected and then what it was really like. Enjoy!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 05:41:36 PM

MaidSafe has been gaining lots of popularity in the crypto world recently, but what even is it? We interviewed Paige Peterson to learn all about it. She explains what the network is, how it works, and more. Check it out!

ALSO:

We really need some support from a sponsor or two so we can get to The North American Bitcoin Conference. Then we can get even more great interviews like this. If you have a product or service that needs promoted, please visit this thread to see how we can help each other out. Thanks!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 04:29:54 AM

We also interviewed one of the most respected men in Bitcoin, Mr. Andreas M. Antonopoulos! This is not something you want to miss. We talked Bitcoin regulation, proof of resource, SMS wallets, and more! He even told us about a time that he was scammed out of $500! We didn't even know that was possible for him. Wink

Special: Andreas Antonopoulos Interview at Bitcoin in the Beltway

Let us know what you think!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 05:01:54 PM

For E27, we had another virtual Bitcoin meetup that anyone was welcome to join! Tune in to hear a fun discussion about the Bitcoin in the Beltway conference with a few guests. Also keep an eye out for our next virtual meetup so you can come join!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 02:05:44 PM

Special: BTCJam’s Alexis Aiono at Bitcoin in the Beltway

We met up with Alexis Aiono at Bitcoin in the Beltway to talk about BTCJam, the world's first peer-to-peer Bitcoin lending platform. Tune in to learn how it works, how it started, and how it could change the world!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 08:42:30 PM

We have a YouTube channel now too! Check it out if that's your preferred method of consuming podcasts and other content. We need subscribers! Thanks!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 09:41:17 PM

In E28: Bitcoin Theft and Security, we talked about serveral well know people who had their cryptocurrency stolen. In light of this, we also though we should share some ways that you can keep your money safe. Tune in!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 03:53:27 AM

We also did an AMAZING interview with Lamar and Lafe from the Pheeva Wallet. They have a great vision for the future of Bitcoin and also some cool thoughts on the Bitcoin in the Beltway conference.

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 02:25:50 PM

In another special interview, we spoke with Jacob Sears from the College Cryptocurrency Network, which is a group working on all kinds of Bitcoin projects on college campuses, including the MIT Bitcoin drop. Tune in!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 06:54:03 PM

In E29: Better Bitcoin Banking and Free Reviews, we spoke about some Bitcoin banks that are starting to pop up and discussed what people could do to keep them accountable in a truly free market.

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 02:12:52 PM

In Episode 30, we spoke to an actual Bitcoin beginner who could ask some really good questions that might be helpful for other beginners and maybe even some experts. No one can explain Bitcoin perfectly, but this should still be a very informative episode for many people.

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 07:22:04 PM

Awesome new interview!

YMB Podcast Special: Jeffrey Tucker from Liberty.me

Jeffery Tucker explains why Bitcoin is like steel, why he likes to sing Let It Go from Frozen while he's at the barber shop, and much more. He'll also share some details about his new social network for liberty lovers, Liberty.me. Tune in!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 03:30:42 AM

Hey guys! We're live on Chain Radio right now! Head to YouMeAndBTC.com/live to tune in! You can send us a tweet to read on the air and vote for the song we should play at the end of the show!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 03:41:30 PM

In E31: Bits and Pieces, we touched on a number of small things that we've been meaning to get to for awhile. A few highlights: we'll play our very own Bitcoin song that John performed on the uke and we'll play a sample of John's techno remix of Adam Kokesh's FREEDOM! audiobook. Tune in!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 03:48:26 PM

Check out E32: Wikipedia, Nas, and More! We discussed some recent headlines and explained why Nas loves Bitcoin so much.

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 02:10:50 PM

In E33: BlockSign and Family Economics, we spoke with Nicholas Thorne, who created a service that lets you sign documents onto the blockchain. He'll tell us how it works and why it is so useful. We also read an article about Bitcoin and family economics. Tune in!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 06:01:24 PM

E34: Cryptolina and the Bitcoin Dip was about my trip to the Cryptolina Bitcoin Expo. We also spoke about why the Bitcoin price might be stuck a little low and Coinbase's acquisition of Blockr.io.

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 02:11:50 PM

YMB Podcast E35: Valerian Bennett from TheProtocol.TV was my favorite episode in quite awhile. Mr. Bennett really seemed to understand some Bitcoin fundamentals and we had a great time chatting.

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 02:32:34 PM

E36: The Dollar’s Demise was about the failing US dollar. This conversation started because of Amagi Metals' decision to stop accepting dollars after 2016. We also spent some time on expensive YouTube tips and cheap Firefox phones that could allow easier access to Bitcoin around the world.

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 02:30:22 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 07:25:49 PM by tim-tams

E37: Satoshi’s Slip-Up was about the hacker who took control of Satoshi's email account and claimed to have his address. Tune in for our thoughts on what could come out of this! We decided to try a new recording style just for fun too.

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 07:27:26 PM

In E38: Apple Pay and Other Bitcoin Imitations, we chatted about Apple's new payment network and tried to explain why it's not all it's cracked up to be. Enjoy!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 07:46:20 PM

For E39: Bitcoin Facts and Stats, we decided to dig up a bunch of interesting Bitcoin information like the peak market cap, the most valuable address, historical dates, and much more. Tune in for an awesome conversation!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 03:10:19 AM

In E40, we spoke to Paul Puey, the CEO of Airbitz. He told us all about the company's super intuitive mobile Bitcoin wallet and also explained his ketogenic diet for us. Enjoy!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 08:06:11 PM

E41 was slightly shorter. We had fun chatting about the recent blockchain wedding and also the FTC complaint filed against Butterfly Labs. Tune in!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 02:25:24 PM

E42: Andreas Antonopoulos Before the Canadian Senate

This was a super cool episode. We played some clips from Antonopoulos' appearance before a Canadian Senate Committee. He was there to explain Bitcoin, take questions, and offer advice for how cryptocurrency should or should not be regulated. He had all kinds of great insight to share with the lawmakers and we had a blast commenting on his ideas.

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 02:58:49 AM

In E43: Anonymity Opposites and Broken Banking, we had an awesome time chatting about some different views on anonymity. Melotic now requires AML/KYC info, which isn't great, but a new Dark Wallet was recently released, which is pretty cool. We also hit on the Kraken exchange and a European clearing house that failed for several hours. Tune in!

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 03:31:03 AM

Been awhile since I bumped this but we're still rolling. In E102, we spoke with Colin Cantrell, the creator of Nexus. Tune in now!

I know the OP formatting kinda sucks so I'll try to tweak and improve that when I get a chance.

More:

Nexus Creator Colin Cantrell – YMB Podcast E102

This is episode 102 of You, Me, and BTC – your liberty and Bitcoin podcast!

Today we have another special guest with us, Colin Cantrell, the creator of Nexus. His project encompasses all all kinds of technology but we’re especially interested in the decentralized computing network and its corresponding cryptocurrency, the Niro. Mr. Cantrell will explain how Nexus got started, what problems it can solve, how it’s different from Bitcoin, and much more.

Tune in for a great show! Your hosts today are Daniel Brown and Tim Baker. Enjoy!

Leave a comment and tell us if you think the improvements in Nexus will eventually make it to Bitcoin!

If this Bitcoin podcast was interesting, entertaining, or anything else, please use the share buttons to let others know about it! Every little bit of support helps.

Tips appreciated: 1Kiy8x4pwMS7RQuH7xDeVcfqeup7gUTqA

tim-tams (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 07:47:37 PM

Rolled out E103 yesterday!

Wright’s Wrong: PGP Key or GTFO - YMB Podcast E103

Last week, WIRED and Gizmodo reported evidence that a man named Craig Steven Wright is Satoshi Nakamoto. While there’s still no definitive proof that the stories are true (or false!), this seems to be another Newsweek situation.

Today, we’ll chat about that evidence, its flaws, a possible murder mystery, and tons more. We’ll also weigh in on the common belief that we should leave Satoshi alone and we’ll discuss a Cornell professor who has analyzed these stories from a fairly broad perspective.

Your hosts are Daniel Brown, Tim Baker, and John Stuart. Tune in now!

Leave a comment and tell us why you think Craig Steven Wright is or is not the real Satoshi Nakamoto!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: