Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:42:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Intersango - are they still legit?  (Read 2310 times)
Deckers1966 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 07:57:16 PM

Hi, I'm new to the board but have been following all things bitcoin related since I acquired 6 bitcoin in 2010 (I think?) for the princely sum of £18. I purchased them through Intersango and withdrew 4 bitcoin over time, of which I have 2 left in my wallet. I still have 2 bitcoin left in my Intersango account and have been trying to withdraw them since December to no avail! I have left numerous messages with Intersango support to contact me but they have fallen on deaf ears - total radio silence! I am beginning to fear the worst and was wondering if anybody could enlighten me on the situation with Intersango?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 08:16:44 PM

Hi, I'm new to the board but have been following all things bitcoin related since I acquired 6 bitcoin in 2010 (I think?) for the princely sum of £18. I purchased them through Intersango and withdrew 4 bitcoin over time, of which I have 2 left in my wallet. I still have 2 bitcoin left in my Intersango account and have been trying to withdraw them since December to no avail! I have left numerous messages with Intersango support to contact me but they have fallen on deaf ears - total radio silence! I am beginning to fear the worst and was wondering if anybody could enlighten me on the situation with Intersango?

Somebody tell me how Deckers is still considered a Newbie, has only one post, been online for only 7 minutes, registered today with logging off less than an hour later, and is able to post in this section. Plus, already has an activity count, something that's only added at two week intervals.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 08:19:40 PM

Try PM'ing them here or contacting them on IRC, eventually you might actually get your bitcoins back if you're a bit lucky.

BTW, at 3 pounds per bitcoin that was probably 2011 or 2012.

Somebody tell me how Deckers is still considered a Newbie, had one post outside the Newbie section, been online for only 7 minutes, registered today with logging off ~20 minutes later, and is able to post in this section.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=423995.0

Signature space available for rent.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 08:21:39 PM

Try PM'ing them here or contacting them on IRC, eventually you might actually get your bitcoins back if you're a bit lucky.

BTW, at 3 pounds per bitcoin that was probably 2011 or 2012.

Somebody tell me how Deckers is still considered a Newbie, had one post outside the Newbie section, been online for only 7 minutes, registered today with logging off ~20 minutes later, and is able to post in this section.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=423995.0

WOW! Thanks, bud, for the link, but WOW!
smith1023

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 08:24:34 PM

1 month waiting on 1K euros and 2.5 bitcoins I bought on those dates too.
They ain't legit I will be suing them.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 08:48:10 PM

WOW! Thanks, bud, for the link, but WOW!

Indeed.

OP, inasmuch as your question is whether they're still legit, the query is nonsense. They never were, and there's a reason they were dubbed Interscamgro.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Deckers1966 (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:27:24 PM

I have just tried to log in to my Intersango account the day after starting this thread to find that I have been frozen out of my account and can not login!!! Still no email or any other attempt at communication! I pm'd him to let him know about this thread and that, should I receive my bitcoin, I would happily post that he had honoured my withdrawal request! I find his response of shutting me out of my account to be quite staggering in its infantile demeanour! Does he think that this is standard business practice??!! Unless he contacts me immediately via email, I shall consider this to be an act of theft!! I have, as I have informed him previously, screen caps of all my 'ignored' attempts to communicate via Intersango 'support' and shall be handing the matter over to my legal department! Two bitcoins may not seem like a huge amount but I abhor charlatans in any walk of life and it is the principle involved that is the motivating factor for me! I await a response but shall not be holding my breath!!!
minorman
Legendary

Activity: 945
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:45:08 PM

I have been trying to withdraw my final bitcoin (a non-trivial amount, unfortunately) since november. I've made two support tickets and tried to email Patrick Strateman directly.

So far nothing.
So far, this is theft - pure and simple theft.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: