Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:47:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] - [February Batch] Cointerra 2TH/s Mining Rig  (Read 1932 times)
rsilva45 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 09:51:01 PM

Hi guys,

I tried going the eBay route but ended up being scammed through PayPal (From a reputable eBay buyer none the less) so the transaction was reversed. Rather than going through that nightmare again, and dealing with PayPal etc I figured I'd post it up here for sale and see if there's any interest.

It's the Cointerra 2TH/s Mining rig [February Batch] which is scheduled for delivery through cointerra.com in early-mid February. These are in HIGH demand (they're currently sold out through May) so it's definitely a sound investment, whether you plan to get into mining or simply reselling it once it comes in.

Reason I'm selling it is because I'll be leaving the country next month, and don't want it to depreciate in value while I'm away (considering how hard these are to come by) So if you're interested in working out a deal feel free to add me on Skype for a chat (rsilvaca)

If we make a deal, it's as simple as me updating the shipping info w/ cointerra and it'll ship directly to you as soon as the batch is released. If you're outside of the US, I can arrange delivery and forward it directly to you when it gets here. (Additional shipping may be required ofcourse)

I'm open to any reasonable offers, just please don't waste my time.

Thanks for viewing!
AngusCanine
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

To weird to live To rare to die

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 12:13:07 AM

What was the sticker price?
bradster1993

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:21:20 PM

Hello,

I was just looking through this forum, saw your post so I created an account. I actually came in second place on your auction on eBay with a bid of $20,100 I believe. I may still be interested in a second chance offer, if you're up for it. I have around 170 positive feedback. I know the other person wasn't a very good buyer but, the person sniped me with 2 seconds left. Then, left you hanging.

Brad
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 05:33:52 PM

You'll probably do best wit that buyer that followed you here from ebay, with an expected ROI of maybe 12 BTC if they get them out at the end of February (December and Jan not out yet, being optimistic) you aren't going to find anything approaching $20K here..

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
whyinvestinbitcoin

Activity: 34

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 02:59:43 PM

I spent a long time discussing a deal with this guy over Skype. Gave him everything to trust me and agreed a deal but alas he wanted me to send him 1BTC directly as a deposit and to show good faith. Anyone who doesn't use Escrow for BTC or USD is asking for it. He worked very hard to give me the impression that I wasn't being trusting or that I was in a rush for it and pressuring him and that HE felt I was trying to scam him which is a shame as I'd really like to own one of these early release machines.

Shame that cointerra just announced the Jan & Feb batch won't achieve any more than 1.65Th/s and are offering refunds and 15% credits on future orders. As this guy would have had a great deal from me.

I finally got pissed with it when he kept messing me about that he wouldn't hold the deal for me unless I 'held a deposit' by directly transferring some funds to him.

Also wanted me to fly to the USA and hand over cash. Laughable.

Wasted about 2 hours of my time.
jermwerty

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:35:12 PM

Newbie wants a 1BTC "good faith" deposit?

You can guarantee that will be $800 down the drain.

FYI look at the escrow options on this forum (I recommend DannyHamilton as he has been nothing but professional for me in transactions) if anything hold the 1BTC through him or something...

As for "what is this worth" those of you offering $20K are INSANE.  You could already be mining today with the same 1.6GH if you bought ANTMINERS last week for $12K.  (2000w power draw vs 3000w is not worth a price premium)

By the time a second-month Cointerra unit will ship prices will be HALF of what they are now. 
testerx

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:45:34 PM

As for "what is this worth" those of you offering $20K are INSANE.  You could already be mining today with the same 1.6GH if you bought ANTMINERS last week for $12K.  (2000w power draw vs 3000w is not worth a price premium)

By the time a second-month Cointerra unit will ship prices will be HALF of what they are now.  
To be fair you're quoting the overclocked hashrate for ant miners and they don't come with any power supplies, and 1000 watts a month does cost about 150 dollars or so in datacenter power.  I agree that Antminers were a good value though.  Anyways, cointerra will likely be able to squeeze out closer to 2thash with more firmware tuning and the unit out in the wild averages more like 1.7 so it's more like 9 Antminers than 8 units anyway even counting in overclocks. So about 17btc after you take power supplies into account.   You can't buy Antminers now for a month either though because of Chinese New Years so it's very unlikely you would get them sooner than a January or even February cointerra order so someone who prizes convenience and compactness as well as somewhat better power use could well prefer to pay a premium for a 4U unit that draws 2000 watts over 9 units requiring 3000.

It's a moot point though, you can't even buy those Antminers anymore
jtoomim

Activity: 818
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 06:18:51 AM

Antminers will be on sale again after the Chinese New Year is over. That festival ends Feb 5th. There should also be a bunch more Avalon2s on sale then.

Hosting bitcoin miners for $65 to $80/kW/month on clean, cheap hydro power.
http://Toom.im
jermwerty

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:02:54 PM

As for "what is this worth" those of you offering $20K are INSANE.  You could already be mining today with the same 1.6GH if you bought ANTMINERS last week for $12K.  (2000w power draw vs 3000w is not worth a price premium)

To be fair you're quoting the overclocked hashrate for ant miners and they don't come with any power supplies, and 1000 watts a month does cost about 150 dollars or so in datacenter power.  I agree that Antminers were a good value though.  Anyways, cointerra will likely be able to squeeze out closer to 2thash with more firmware tuning and the unit out in the wild averages more like 1.7 so it's more like 9 Antminers than 8 units anyway even counting in overclocks. So about 17btc after you take power supplies into account.   You can't buy Antminers now for a month either though because of Chinese New Years so it's very unlikely you would get them sooner than a January or even February cointerra order so someone who prizes convenience and compactness as well as somewhat better power use could well prefer to pay a premium for a 4U unit that draws 2000 watts over 9 units requiring 3000.

It's a moot point though, you can't even buy those Antminers anymore

Fair enough.  It is a little bit of threadcrap.  But my dozen ANTs are completely stable at 200GH.  I get Corsair TX650 Power Supplies off eBay for $40 each.  Cointerra's speed will probably increase but they've already stated its a power issue not a chip issue so they may not hit 2TH ever...

You have a good point on the 4U box however.  ANTs aren't sexy.  I do have a plan to try to fit 2-3 ANTS in a 4u RackMount case, but thats only 400-600GH.

But the ANTMiner just dropped to 1.45BTC - so now its closer to $9500 with power supplies included.  AND they are shipping in a week (feb 8th) so that completely destroys the preorder market once again.
nitehawk

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Worldcore - Banking for the Future

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:21:21 PM

I'm actually working on something to make the antminers a bit more sexy I've been a bit disturbed there was no easy way to mount these

▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄█████████████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████████████▄
    ▄█████████████████▀▀▀██████████
   █████████████████       ███████
  ██████▀▀▀████████   ███   ██████   █
 █████       ██████   ███   ██████   ██
 ████   ███   █████   ███   █████   ███
█████   ███   █████   ███    ████   ████
█████   ███   █████   ████   ████   ████
████    ███   ████   █████   ███   █████
████   ████   ████   █████   ███   █████