Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:15:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT setup problem  (Read 682 times)
LievenV (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 09:56:58 PM

Hi guys,

I'm trying to set up a NXT forging pool. I've had all sorts of issues, most resolved, but still problems.

The setup runs on Debian Linux Wheezy release, openjava 7 jre active. it is a headless unit, so only SSH (yes, secure, different port, only private key login and a lot of fail2ban, ip blockers and such) and VNC possible.

Some of the unresolved issues:

-I had the client running for a while, created a wallet, could log into it and such, but restarted the system after some ssh tweaking, now when I open the webpage and try to log in, it freezes when I click 'unlock account'.

-I noticed when I start the NXT client (java -jar start.jar) I get a warning (WARNING: System properties and/or JVM args set.  Consider using --dry-run or --exec) but more annoyingly, it end with 'NRS 0.5.9 started successfully.' and 'freezes' the terminal.(no more user@HOST:~)
Edit: I found out when copying the warning: ctrl-c brings back the 'user@HOST:~', but also stops the client...

-Is it possible to add a single IP address in the config to allow? Now only localhost is allowed, so I can only see the wallet via VNC, not that convenient. The IP is in local network, will not be used to connect over the internet.

Thanks a lot in advance for the help/hints.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mynxtcoin

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:21:47 AM

Hello,

Here is a helpful tutorial on how to set up an ssh tunnel to manage your client.

https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,2862.0.html

mynxtcoin

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:32:50 AM

and yes you can add a static ip to web.xml along with localhost and 127.0.0.1
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:30:17 AM

-I noticed when I start the NXT client (java -jar start.jar) I get a warning (WARNING: System properties and/or JVM args set.  Consider using --dry-run or --exec) but more annoyingly, it end with 'NRS 0.5.9 started successfully.' and 'freezes' the terminal.(no more user@HOST:~)
Edit: I found out when copying the warning: ctrl-c brings back the 'user@HOST:~', but also stops the client...

To start NRS use:

nohup java -jar /path/to/start.jar &

You can place this command in /etc/rc.local to make it start automagically at boot
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: