Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:23:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTS - 200GH/s Avalon miner  (Read 814 times)
Septimus (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 11:03:00 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 03:40:05 PM by Septimus

I'm selling my small mining operation to pursue other Bitcoin aspects (trading, cloudhashing, etc)

-($2100) Generic Avalon 'batch 2' unit that runs between 200-230 GH/s. This unit has a modified cooling system; there are two fans on each of the large heatsinks inside. The three exhaust fans have been reversed to suck air out. Feel free to reconfigure this how you see fit.

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz160/Virtus90/bitcointalk/DSC01420_zps07d361db.jpg

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz160/Virtus90/bitcointalk/avalonhash_zps676ec62c.jpg

----

I do business through Paypal, despite their recent assistance in quickly reversing two scam transactions that cost me around $300. I'll send you the payment invoice through your Paypal email, you pay me, I send the miner with tracking and insurance. I will only be shipping to within the U.S. as I'm too lazy to deal with customs and mysteriously disappearing packages thousands of miles away.

I'm trying to keep this as simple and secure as possible to minimize risk for both parties. I will accept BTC payments, but the amount must first be agreed upon before doing business. I would prefer to do business on Paypal however.

Thanks for looking.
realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 11:10:03 PM

if you want to minimize risk dont accept paypal it just attracts scammers use a non reversible payment method and accept escrow
Septimus (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:34:51 AM

if you want to minimize risk dont accept paypal it just attracts scammers use a non reversible payment method and accept escrow
PayPal is not easily reversed when providing a shipping receipt. I have sold many things on eBay through PayPal with no problems whatsoever, miners included. It was my own fault for selling Bitcoin through direct transfer.
Septimus (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:46:54 PM

Updated pricing.

I'm taking a hit on these prices, but I'm still willing to sell. Can do BTC payment via BTCrow.
PaintShopPro6

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:12:34 PM

Next time you gonna ship BTC via Fedex on paper wallets?
Septimus (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:08:03 PM

Next time you gonna ship BTC via Fedex on paper wallets?

From what I understood after speaking to both eBay and Paypal, neither service really wants to do business with BTC...at least not at this time. Miners are fine to sell, but BTC itself is a no-no. Even with paper wallets or a physical delivery of an item accompanied by a BTC transfer, Paypal does not offer any form of protection for it in the event a case is opened against you, even with a tracking number; this is coming from a claims department worker. I was surprised to hear this, considering how many people (including myself) think paper wallets offer protection.

Admittedly, it's harder to scam utilizing that method, but if you do business through Paypal, you're not completely safe in the event a scammer gets ballsy.

Also, lowered the price even further on these miners. Not going any lower than this. These are listed on eBay as well.
drangos

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:57:24 PM

I'll offer 1.3 each including shipment to the Netherlands.
Want to use PsychoticBoy as escrow service ( 1 of the staff members here ) He has a good reputation in offering this service.
Even did one today Smiley.

pm me if ur interested.
cannachris

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

cats love crypto | 911 truth @checktheevidence.com

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:34:08 AM

I'll offer 1.3 each including shipment to the Netherlands.
Want to use PsychoticBoy as escrow service ( 1 of the staff members here ) He has a good reputation in offering this service.
Even did one today Smiley.

pm me if ur interested.

I'm in the netherlands too. Maybe we can both buy one and split the shipping? would you be interested?

otherwise 1.35BTC a piece

Gamer67

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:41:56 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 01:56:52 AM by Gamer67

2.6 for both.

I will pay shipping and escrow.

I am based in the US.

Let me know. Ready to purchase now.