Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:54:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I the only one who uses high contrast?  (Read 4205 times)
Anonymous

March 08, 2011, 04:15:32 PM

https://i.imgur.com/m2s9T.png

Am I the only one who uses high contrast, like in the image above, so you don't burn your retinas out on a white bright screen?
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nster

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2011, 04:16:17 PM

Am I the only one who uses high contrast, like in the image above, so you don't burn your retinas out on a white bright screen?

What about the bright light text?

167q1CHgVjzLCwQwQvJ3tRMUCrjfqvSznd Donations are welcome Smiley Please be kind if I helped
Anonymous

March 08, 2011, 04:19:03 PM

What about the bright light text?
Well, it's in smaller doses with the black background. It's not as intense.
Drifter

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2011, 04:24:35 PM

No, but I use f.lux for nighttime computer use. My eyelids thank me every night.

ColdHardMetal

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2011, 04:35:50 PM

How do I get that?

Anonymous

March 08, 2011, 04:39:06 PM

How do I get that?

It's usually around the Themes area of your OS. Look for ones labeled "High Contrast". #2 usually has green text. The original has blue.
ColdHardMetal

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2011, 04:44:11 PM

How do I get that?

It's usually around the Themes area of your OS. Look for ones labeled "High Contrast". #2 usually has green text. The original has blue.

Ah, so that's not just your forum theme. I'll have to dig around and see what I can find.

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12880

View Profile
March 08, 2011, 07:04:13 PM

No, but I use f.lux for nighttime computer use. My eyelids thank me every night.

I also use this. It takes a while to get used to, but I now feel like my monitor is a portal into the center of the Sun whenever I turn it off.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
March 08, 2011, 07:12:39 PM

Personnaly I don't even use X when I hang around this forum:

Anonymous

March 08, 2011, 07:13:13 PM

Personnaly I don't even use X when I hang around this forum:

+ respect

Lynx?
grondilu
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2011, 07:14:23 PM

Lynx?

w3m

Anonymous

March 08, 2011, 07:18:56 PM

This might work a little better on my eMate. Thanks.
grondilu
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2011, 07:21:49 PM

Also, if you want to really enjoy framebuffer linux console, you might need to install fbterm (very easy to use), and learn GNU screen (you won't be able to do much without it).

Anonymous

March 08, 2011, 07:24:25 PM

Also, if you want to really enjoy framebuffer linux console, you might need to install fbterm (very easy to use), and learn GNU screen (you won't be able to do much without it).

Heh, I have been having trouble with screen since I tried starting a TF2 server. I barely got that working. It seems you really have to play with this stuff to understand it.
grondilu
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2011, 07:26:13 PM

Heh, I have been having trouble with screen since I tried starting a TF2 server. I barely got that working. It seems you really have to play with this stuff to understand it.

screen is a little bit hard to grasp at first, but it totally worths it.  I couldn't live without it now, and I know that a lot of people feel the same.

LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 08, 2011, 07:27:58 PM

Most of the time you can along just fine using only...

Ctrl+A, C - Create a new virtual terminal (VT)
Ctrl+A, N - move to the Next VT
Ctrl+A, P - move to the Previous VT

There's obviously a lot more to screen than that, but honestly that's all I use 99% of the time.

Edit: Oh, and obviously "screen -r" to reattach a screen session...!

This space intentionally left blank.
Anonymous

March 08, 2011, 07:29:38 PM

Most of the time you can along just fine using only...

There's obviously a lot more to screen than that, but honestly that's all I use 99% of the time.

I don't really understand how to use screen to keep a session running on a remote server. You know, so it doesn't end when I close the shell?
grondilu
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2011, 07:30:59 PM

There is, indeed, a LOT more to know about screen, but that's a good crash course.  I'd like to mention the copy/scrollback mode, which is not so known and yet extremely usefull.

grondilu
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2011, 07:32:43 PM

I don't really understand how to use screen to keep a session running on a remote server. You know, so it doesn't end when I close the shell?

Just detach your session with "Ctrl-A D".  You can then logout, and reattach later with "screen -r" already mentionned.

Anonymous

March 08, 2011, 07:35:23 PM

Just detach your session with "Ctrl-A D".  You can then logout, and reattach later with "screen -r" already mentionned.

*tries out*

Well, I feel silly.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: