Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:47:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Pool for AntMiner S1  (Read 7165 times)
aonangj (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:14:08 AM

New to mining. Have read a lot and held coin. Have tried to figure out mining just for fun running BitMinter on OSX, but there wasn't really anything to figure out since it was all GUI and their pool is already set to it.

I am now awaiting my Antminer S1. Would love peoples thoughts on the best pool to run this in and how many workers I should be running.

Thanks for helping out this Newbie Miner!
semaster

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:22:29 AM

look at my benchmark https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=416933.0
sure it will help to decide

aonangj (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:02:27 PM

Excellent. Thank you!
aonangj (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:08:34 PM

Is there a link or suggestions on setting up the S1 on p2pool? Reading through p2pool it sounds like I would need another computer running the p2pool software on the network all the time. Is this the only way? I suppose I could setup a MacMini at my office to run it all the time, but if there is a way to set it up without that would love to understand/know how to get it set up.
semaster

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:51:13 AM

Is there a link or suggestions on setting up the S1 on p2pool? Reading through p2pool it sounds like I would need another computer running the p2pool software on the network all the time. Is this the only way? I suppose I could setup a MacMini at my office to run it all the time, but if there is a way to set it up without that would love to understand/know how to get it set up.

You can use any node of p2pool.in
It does not matter which node. You can switch between nodes and you still will be in p2p network -  that is how decentralized pool works.
If you do not want to setup and run own node than use any public (http://p2pool-nodes.info). I advise http://elizium.name
And use last firmware for AntMiner.

Bismarckbkk

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:44:32 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2014, 05:42:26 PM by Bismarckbkk

Please do not believe this.

For starters this poster is affiliated with the elizium node.

Second he used the pps system on btcguild which has a 7.5% fee.

Third those numbers simply dont add up. According to these numbers p2p has almost mined 20% more, accounting for pps fee we are still over 10% more. According to pool luck stats this is impossible.

1EPhcyv9GPcCwwbtVt3a3nwC1o4pn67bax
aonangj (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:14:05 AM

Third those numbers simply dont add up. According to these numbers p2p has almost mined 20% more, accounting for pps fee we are still over 10% more. According to pool luck stats this is impossible.

Bismarckbkk - What is your suggestion? I have my Antminer arriving tomorrow and I want to be ready to set it up right away. Trying to figure out the "best" (although I understand this is debatable) pool to setup on and what I need to do to be prepared. Everyone seems to have a different idea, I just need to get up and running quick and would like to make a well informed decision. Plus I trust you more since you are bkk Smiley Ao Nang is down in Krabi. Giddyup!
semaster

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:57:43 AM

no problem - go to any centralized pool like btcguild and lose you revenue  Grin Grin Grin
that banchmark only shows practical (not theoretical) results and that is your decision what to do

Buchi-88
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 2551

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:36:47 AM

Hello,

very interesting, I am currently using the Bitminter pool because someone has experience or is the psppool the better option?

thank you

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4172
Merit: 8421

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 03:11:38 PM

I'm pretty happy using my antminers on P2Pool, just make sure you're running the current firmware (20131226 or better). I can't really recommend using a remote p2pool node, as when you use someone elses you lose most of the advantages of P2Pool.
Analyticse

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 03:20:11 PM

Hello,

very interesting, I am currently using the Bitminter pool because someone has experience or is the psppool the better option?

thank you

what your rate in this
you make multipool specific? or?

i am tihnk this nice result
Bismarckbkk

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:19:47 PM

no problem - go to any centralized pool like btcguild and lose you revenue  Grin Grin Grin
that banchmark only shows practical (not theoretical) results and that is your decision what to do

The supposed benchmark shows only that youre a liar. What should I believe official p2pool.info stats or your word?

And who would run a test on a 0% pool vs a 7.5% pool to begin with? And then only for 2 weeks.

semaster

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:00:48 PM

no problem - go to any centralized pool like btcguild and lose you revenue  Grin Grin Grin

The supposed benchmark shows only that youre a liar. What should I believe official p2pool.info stats or your word?

And who would run a test on a 0% pool vs a 7.5% pool to begin with? And then only for 2 weeks.

First - there is no lie - all results are public. Public statistic of mining stated in banchmark topik. And you can look at address that used in mining - go to blockchain, find all incomes and calculate that it's true.
Second - banchmark is continuous and there will more results every 2 weeks.

In any way do not mislead people. I'm also is miner, I'm was looking for right pool for a long time. I tested almost all known pools
I can say that only practical test will show you where you can mine more. Big pools in this context is not best. They are more stable and has less variance but you pay for that from your revenue. And the interest of pool operators of big pools is big too.

aonangj (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:38:16 AM

First - there is no lie - all results are public. Public statistic of mining stated in banchmark topik. And you can look at address that used in mining - go to blockchain, find all incomes and calculate that it's true.

In any way do not mislead people. I'm also is miner, I'm was looking for right pool for a long time. I tested almost all known pools
I can say that only practical test will show you where you can mine more. Big pools in this context is not best. They are more stable and has less variance but you pay for that from your revenue. And the interest of pool operators of big pools is big too.

Thanks SEMaster. I received my Antminer S1 today and set it up on what seems to be a smaller pool I found on p2pool.info. Not sure how to tell if its a "good" pool or not. My biggest concern was not being prepared to start it working ASAP once it arrived. It has now arrived and it is mining. How do you measure if success in these pools?
Bismarckbkk

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:10:32 AM

Youre lying, you run a public p2pool node.

You are very well aware that a comparison of pps with 7.5% fee vs 0% fee is stupid and misleading to compare.

You know full well that mining results in bitcoin for 2 weeks does proof nothing.

You claim there is a 20% higher mining income with p2pool which is false. You do not disclose variance and fee for example which youre full aware of therefore youre purposely trying to mislead.

semaster

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:13:56 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 01:26:40 PM by semaster

Youre lying, you run a public p2pool node.

You are very well aware that a comparison of pps with 7.5% fee vs 0% fee is stupid and misleading to compare.

You know full well that mining results in bitcoin for 2 weeks does proof nothing.

You claim there is a 20% higher mining income with p2pool which is false. You do not disclose variance and fee for example which youre full aware of therefore youre purposely trying to mislead.

What? why are you talking about some fee at all? every miner is care about profit and if btcguild or other pool takes 7% !!! fee that is not good for miner. P2Pool and elizium node run at zero fee and even more it includes transactions fee in miners revard.

Variance? That banchmark is continuous and is running to discover and show what is better p2pool or huge fee to centalized pool

And yes, I run public node to help people and not mislead them as you do. Seams like you are affiliated with some big centralized pool and you are interested in keeping that big fees. You can write anything but every miner can try and compare where to get more.

Bismarckbkk

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:51:50 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 04:07:31 PM by Bismarckbkk

Unlike you im not affiliated with any pool.

Only BTCguild PPS share charges 7% PPLNS is 3%.

Eligius is 0%, ghash is 0%. Several other pools are 1 or 2 %.

Why did you choose the highest fee mine option to compare to? You said you tried every major pool so how come you didnt compare it to eligius 0% pool? That would be at least a meaningfull comparison.

I dont mind p2pool, I think its a good pool and best for future of bitcoin but it wont mine 20% more then centralized pools and you know it.

I have personally mined at eligius and btcguild and have been recieving good results there. To earn 20% with p2pool means my hashrate would increase 20%. How do you explain that is possible with neutral luck?

As for claiming your results are public youre lying or misleading at best again.

Youre COMPARING and therefore it is USELESS to publish a single mining adress.

Ive also looked at your p2pool mining stats and I fail to see the additional 10% hashrate that you claim to have over btcguild.

Bismarckbkk

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:58:26 PM

Bismarckbkk - What is your suggestion? I have my Antminer arriving tomorrow and I want to be ready to set it up right away. Trying to figure out the "best" (although I understand this is debatable) pool to setup on and what I need to do to be prepared. Everyone seems to have a different idea, I just need to get up and running quick and would like to make a well informed decision. Plus I trust you more since you are bkk Smiley Ao Nang is down in Krabi. Giddyup!

I suggest p2pool but setup your own node. Until then you can mine at eligius at 0% fee.

semaster

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:41:08 PM

Why did you choose the highest fee mine option to compare to?
I compare most used option.  Many new miners are going to mine on PPS as they worry about variance. But they don't mind about high fee. And one of the goal of banchmarc is to show that.

You said you tried every major pool so how come you didnt compare it to eligius 0% pool? That would be at least a meaningfull comparison.

I dont mind p2pool, I think its a good pool and best for future of bitcoin but it wont mine 20% more then centralized pools and you know it.
I likes the idea of decentralized mining so all my Jupiters now works on private p2pool node. With my antMiners I run this continuous banchmark to see difference for myself and for other miners who wants to see.

Ive also looked at your p2pool mining stats and I fail to see the additional 10% hashrate that you claim to have over btcguild.
There is no extra hashrate ) . Please look at blockchain for the address that is used as miner username on elizium node. You can calculate all incomes (Newly Generated Coins) and compare to your own results on any other pool.

I'm not campaigning to use this pool or my node. Everyone makes choices for themselves. I made ​​my choice and it p2pool.in. I like the idea of decentralized Mining and therefore I support the public node - http://elizium.name

Bismarckbkk

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:18:10 PM

Yes you are campaining for p2pool and your node. I dont mind you campaining for p2pool. Everyone should use it. I just question your methods.

I also dont know where you get that pps with 7% fee is the most popular? Anyone with half a brain know that 7% is going to earn them 7% less then a 0% pool.

I accept that p2pool is the most efficent and morally best choice to mine but youre benchmark is meaningless especially when you compare lowest fee with highest fee on the market.
You can calculate all incomes (Newly Generated Coins) and compare to your own results on any other pool.

Fair enough, Im running 5 antminers on BTCguild. From Jan 1st to Jan 14th I have gotten 48 automated 0.1 BTc withdrawals . 4.8 BTC  in which is exactly how much you mined at p2pool over the same timeperiod.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: