May 04, 2024, 12:39:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: no poll currently
yes - 41 (69.5%)
no - 18 (30.5%)
Total Voters: 59

Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 323 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LEAF] LEAFCOIN - Android wallet launched  (Read 352573 times)
mathew564

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:29:24 PM

LEAFcoin was one of the best alt coins. I really enjoyed it.

Unfortunately the game is over, because a market showed up, and the big mining whales started to dump their tens of millions. Price is going rapidly down, and unless there'll be someone to make the sacrifice to try to keep it up, this coins is gone within 1-2 days maximum.
And I am sure that NO ONE can keep up with the huge sale which is produced by the big whales.

Anyway, was a nice adventure.

You did a great job with difficulty calculation and stuff, but I am surprised you started to FUD. Maybe you are looking to buy back cheap.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mk2vr6

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:29:29 PM

Of course it does... the coin will value a few satoshi, with a huge difficulty level, halved block. People, and of course the big whales will move tomorrow, day after tomorrow to the next coin which is going to be lunched. No one is going to mine LEAF, etc. I guess you realize the result of this chain reaction.

Inevitably dead. Too bad, I really felt for this coin, but knew right from the start that this is the only possible outcome.

Really.

Same block payout as doge, same block frequency as doge, just 1\5th the level of coins and earlier block halving.  Easy maths says this is very cheap now.

Exactly my thoughts...
C3ALL

Activity: 140

★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:31:01 PM

But should we worry about the massive sell orders?

Hardly massive.  There are about 720m a day being mined so its all relative to total coin production and block halving.

CoinThinker

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Only the best is The be best...

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:36:55 PM

Hardly massive.  There are about 720m a day being mined so its all relative to total coin production and block halving.

Finally someone points out an important aspect, which I also pointed out: the big mine whales are not even on the market yet, and a few millions, maybe a few ten millions are already pushing down the price so hard... they will appear immediately as it gets listed on Cryptsy. It would be GREAT if it wouldn't be listed on Cryptsy for a while in my humble opinion, to  save this coin.

Can you imagine what will happen when they will show up on the market and they'll throw out hundreds of millions of LEAF out there?

damnation

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434996.0

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 11:38:13 PM

Price                    LEAF   BTC
0.00000024   0.5081   0.00000012

The heck is this sell Tongue

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Noble:9ZQo8HaeCjporC7T4PFgVcqzXc5KLyGrnV
LOT: LzUoeyakB8DRoHgqMgHSWMzipW5Nr63zkg
BTC: 1EiY4FqGbbfL6VUhiVLe8Z5R7BVVyyLTmw
LTC: LaGJ2utSYG4bhQ882mJ8QkS1bq45p25vcD
atleticofa

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:40:48 PM

STOP WITH UNPRODUCTIVE DISCUSSIONS PLEASE.

This a good community, and we can't let trolls grab this.

TRANSLATORS GROUP

I would like to begin with the tranlations work for the wallet, and website. I know that chinese version will be available soon.

I contacted dev because I want to organize a translators group.

Feel free to join in:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FNNfpeHkLfeQtzoG4zin3cV164HDRULZpW6odbPObGY/viewform
mmilch
Copper Member

Activity: 343
Merit: 11

Secure automatic trading trade-mate.io

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 11:41:14 PM

Finally someone points out an important aspect, which I also pointed out: the big mine whales are not even on the market yet, and a few millions, maybe a few ten millions are already pushing down the price so hard... they will appear immediately as it gets listed on Cryptsy. It would be GREAT if it wouldn't be listed on Cryptsy for a while in my humble opinion, to  save this coin.

Can you imagine what will happen when they will show up on the market and they'll throw out hundreds of millions of LEAF out there?

Can you point at least ONE coin which do not have a "whales" on the board ??

⚫ ⚫ ⚫ Make even more profit on crypto trading with secure automatic trading https://trade-mate.io ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
CoinThinker

Activity: 462

Only the best is The be best...

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:49:33 PM

Can you point at least ONE coin which do not have a "whales" on the board ??

No. Can you point out at least ONE altcoin which didn't lost it's value within a few days being listed on Cryptsy? This is a general problem with altcoins. Unfortunately, no matter how good they are (and as I told I really think LEAF is very very good, and devs made everything they could, didn't just let it hang around), this is what happens with them. Whales don't mine them because they like the coin, they mine because with the easy difficulty level they make 100.000.000 coins/day, which they can sell at a few satoshis, and they make still a lot more money than mining a coin which already has a big difficulty level.

They don't care about the potential, and don't look at it as an investment. For them it's only a quicker, more profitable way for making BTC. They have very large amounts, and they will not risk to wait while their value decrease a lot. If you have 5-10 million of LEAFs, then you probably say: "what the hell, I am going to take my chance, put a sell order at 40 satoshi, and if it hits there it hits, if not then that's it". If you would have on the other hand hundreds of millions, then there is a completely different issue, and you will not play that game. You will start selling, if you have a little brain in smaller chunks, so you don't devalue too much your own coins, but with every sell you just add the new set of coins you want to sell, and so on.

userpacman

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 11:50:21 PM

Throw some million here!  we will buy it  Smiley

Waiting for block reward to halve  Wink

Join our DOPE pool - 1% fee - register now!
http://dope.internetarena.it
C3ALL

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:51:11 PM

A whale miner won't stick a hundred million sell on in one lump.  They will sell slowly over a period of days to maximise return and ensure their selling doesn't tank the value, otherwise they damage their own profit ppby doing so.

Facts remain, this coin has only 20% of the coins doge has, has a quicker block halving, but has same block reward.  If the coin was going to die, you wouldn't see dozens of miners with 20-30+ MH/s turning their rigs to this coin.  They can all see the buy order book and know it could be filled in a single day, but they still mine it. Because they have all run the figures and can see the upside here.

aaron_m

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:51:27 PM

I doubt we'll get on Cryptsy yet, they normally have a long waiting time
userpacman

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 11:51:42 PM

How is the wallet translation going? what languages will be available? we're curious!

Join our DOPE pool - 1% fee - register now!
http://dope.internetarena.it
C3ALL

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:56:04 PM

No. Can you point out at least ONE altcoin which didn't lost it's value within a few days being listed on Cryptsy? This is a general problem with altcoins. Unfortunately, no matter how good they are (and as I told I really think LEAF is very very good, and devs made everything they could, didn't just let it hang around), this is what happens with them. Whales don't mine them because they like the coin, they mine because with the easy difficulty level they make 100.000.000 coins/day, which they can sell at a few satoshis, and they make still a lot more money than mining a coin which already has a big difficulty level.

They don't care about the potential, and don't look at it as an investment. For them it's only a quicker, more profitable way for making BTC. They have very large amounts, and they will not risk to wait while their value decrease a lot. If you have 5-10 million of LEAFs, then you probably say: "what the hell, I am going to take my chance, put a sell order at 40 satoshi, and if it hits there it hits, if not then that's it". If you would have on the other hand hundreds of millions, then there is a completely different issue, and you will not play that game. You will start selling, if you have a little brain in smaller chunks, so you don't devalue too much your own coins, but with every sell you just add the new set of coins you want to sell, and so on.

LOT.  Started trading at 10 satoshi on here.   Now sits on cryptsy at 30.  Doge, started as a joke, now around 150. That's without even thinking .

For every sale there is a buyer, and for every buyer a seller.

At the time of writing of the last 30 trades, 4 were at the buy rate, 26 at the sell rate.   That's a 6 to one ratio of buyers to sellers

demlasjr

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:58:05 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 12:11:09 AM by demlasjr

Good job windows wallet developer for stupidity !!! You deserve a medal !

We all get banned from freenode because you are bootstrapping through freenode, which is against their TOS.
You just screwed a nice coin
roastbeef

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:58:54 PM

Just got our first block @ Chunky Pools.

Come join us @ https://pool.chunky.ms/leaf/

0% PROP - SSL - Custom MPOS layout - Awesome IRC channel - no downtime! - 1 account for all coins! - profit-switching port!

https://chunkypools.com - POT | WC | DOGE | MUN | RPC | DEF | DGB | KDC | RUBY | POT | STP | SPN | PCN

1% PROP - SSL - custom MPOS - profit-switching port - single-sign on - great IRC community - scalable architecture - no downtime
portice
Legendary

Activity: 999
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:00:56 AM

We all get banned from freenode because you are bootstrapping through freenode, which is against their TOS.

"Please open up your %appdata%\leafcoin\leafcoin.conf ( if not exists create it ) ( locations will differ for linux and macos, probably something like ~/.leafcoin/leafcoin.conf )

addnode=5.135.161.122
addnode=5.135.181.165
addnode=5.199.149.228
noirc=1

Save - restart wallet

Reason is that we were using freenode irc for bootstrapping this coin. The channel has been closed and some of you might have been banned.

I have spoken to an irc moderator and promised him to update the code so that it will not use any freenode resources anymore.

We will be changing the code and updating the wallets.

For now you can use above fix for p2p node discovery. Thank you.

If you got banned you can join channel #freenode or email freenode at support@freenode.net.

I asked them to close down the leafcoin00 channel which was used for node discovery."

Just in case people dont read the first post
C3ALL

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:01:15 AM

Can you explain the issue in layman terms here? For those of us not that technical.

mystix

Activity: 66

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:02:11 AM

Well of course this is true. Theres nearly a hundred altcoins based on the same code, all release in a fairly small window of time. They all work in a similar fashion, post almost the same announcement page, work to put themselves on the same websites for promotion and sales. Is is any wonder that speculators look to treat it the same as they've treated the ones that came before?

The only.. and I do mean only thing that can set Leaf or any scrypt altcoin apart from the others is the community it builds. Building projects, building p.r. building ways to use the coin even from the very start. Doge happened on very successful p.r. and set themselves apart, mainly through achieving 1 community set goal. Why? Was it the best idea ever, the Iphone of its age? No, it was a use, a goal that inspired people, a goal that had worldwide public appeal that they could contribute to.

Certainly that doesn't mean anyone should attempt to directly copy their method of success (so far). That would fail badly. Just like no one can copy BTC, since they were the first out of the gate. It does mean that people should learn from their examples and stop pretending that all one needs to do is copy some code, make a few graphics, and all will be well.

Until you have uses for the coin, other then piggy backing on the ones that have gone before. A coin will be used as a tool to stock up on the established coins.

Right now, its looking good around here. Lots of people contributing. Lots of people coming up with graphics and cheerily working on little projects. It looks like something good might actually come of it. Smiley At least I'm betting my GPU time on it. Wink
MickeNorsk

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:04:08 AM

Here is the new LeafCoin game!

In Beta phase, no winning yet! Will be officially launched tomorrow!

Meanwhile feel free to play and exercise!

http://[Suspicious link removed]/

Just got 780 points mohahah!

Come beat me! Smiley

EDIT: leafsnake(dot)tk

SC: BSGpdD9cCYTGTv4oBMMgZFKjDn3s1gFNHZ
demlasjr

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:08:47 AM

Good job windows wallet developer !!! You deserve a medal !

Can you explain the issue in layman terms here? For those of us not that technical.

If you have the wallet opened and you join freenode IRC server you will get IP banned Smiley

"Please open up your %appdata%\leafcoin\leafcoin.conf ( if not exists create it ) ( locations will differ for linux and macos, probably something like ~/.leafcoin/leafcoin.conf )

addnode=5.135.161.122
addnode=5.135.181.165
addnode=5.199.149.228
noirc=1

Save - restart wallet

Reason is that we were using freenode irc for bootstrapping this coin. The channel has been closed and some of you might have been banned.

I have spoken to an irc moderator and promised him to update the code so that it will not use any freenode resources anymore.

We will be changing the code and updating the wallets.

For now you can use above fix for p2p node discovery. Thank you.

If you got banned you can join channel #freenode or email freenode at support@freenode.net.

I asked them to close down the leafcoin00 channel which was used for node discovery."

Just in case people dont read the first post

Thanks for reply. Hope to get the staff unbanning me now....I think I will need to stay the next hours on my 3G connection
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 323 »
  Print  

Jump to: