Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:20:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Regards to Argentinian crisis - why isn't Btc skyrocketing?  (Read 5164 times)
kaysersoze (OP)

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:07:40 PM

Why haven't latest development in Argentina reflected btc price.. I don't get it specially when the community seem to be big there ?!

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:34:41 PM

The numbers and the supply/demand speaks for itself. Why don't you go and ask the Argentenians why they aren't buying massive amounts of btc - not us - we don't know.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:36:55 PM

The Argentine Bitcoin community is in its infancy. The community is not big... yet.

I have no doubt they will be enthusiastic Bitcoiners, but there is still some basic infrastructure to get in place.

My guess is that they will become a force to be reckoned with around the middle of this year.

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:38:29 PM

If you were in Argentina and had some bitcoin you'd have to be pretty insane or desperate to sell it to anyone else there for the foreseeable future.

It'll also be very hard to get money to an exchange outside of the country. You'd probably need people abroad to help out.

empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:09:34 PM

I doubt the majority of the Argentinian people have any practical way to purchase bitcoins. Though it would be interesting to see some stats, whether bitcoin is trending in that country, or number of wallets being downloaded.
Apolo29

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:11:15 PM

You can´t take money out of Argentina, that´s why the can´t buy bitcoins basically.

The goverment is totally corrupt and inneficient and has no ideas, so the need to restrict practically all international transfers to keep the las dollars that central bank has
kaysersoze (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:13:31 PM

I doubt the majority of the Argentinian people have any practical way to purchase bitcoins. Though it would be interesting to see some stats, whether bitcoin is trending in that country, or number of wallets being downloaded.

you are probably right.. I assume a lot of people are working on projects solving this as we speak....

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:21:02 PM

I have been thinking about ways to sell bitcoins to Argentinians but i don't want to be stuck with useless toilet paper. And it seems nearly impossible to get rid of these pesos.

If Argentinians have even half a brain they'd buy bitcoin like their life depended on it, and they probably want to, but can't.

cointron

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:35:54 PM

I have my tricks Smiley but most people here in Argentina has no idea about anything. 
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:00:24 PM

I have my tricks Smiley but most people here in Argentina has no idea about anything. 

That's a lovely view of your fellow country men and women  Cool
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1301

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:09:48 PM

Why haven't latest development in Argentina reflected btc price.. I don't get it specially when the community seem to be big there ?!

With the currency controls it makes it impossible to get money on the exchanges.  If they offered services to people outside of Argentina (writing, coding, design (logo for example)) and were getting paid in bitcoin, they'd have a good shot at protecting themselves.  The problem is that the vast majority of people everywhere are in those businesses so it makes it difficult.  Perhaps they could sell wine to people overseas or some other product too, but again that is limited.  It sucks.

The time to protect yourself is before the currency controls begin because after they begin it is likely too late. 

:-)

cointron

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:33:25 PM

That's a lovely view of your fellow country men and women  Cool

Pls Add Bananas/BTC  Grin
flagel8

Activity: 188

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:52:54 PM

If I were there, I'd probably be mining Dogecoin. And maybe exchanging it for BTC. Or not...
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:01:56 PM

Argentenians are v submissive to their government which is why they continue to allow what is happening to them right now. Secondly Argentenian purchasing power is weak.

cointron

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:15:07 PM

If I were there, I'd probably be mining Dogecoin. And maybe exchanging it for BTC. Or not...
Could be, did you try Nutcoin ?  www.nutcoin.com
kaysersoze (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:42:40 PM

why won't you help your countrymen

BreathOfZen

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:51:26 PM

I made this thread for exactly this problem: how can we as a community actually get btc into Argentina?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=427605.0

Seriously, this is the situation that Bitcoin was created for, so if you have any ideas, let them fly!

Aoeui Artifacts
cointron

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:20:32 PM

They can not be helped anymore.-
cointron

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:23:34 PM

I made this thread for exactly this problem: how can we as a community actually get btc into Argentina?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=427605.0

Seriously, this is the situation that Bitcoin was created for, so if you have any ideas, let them fly!

How can i help you ?
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:27:21 PM

it would actually be benificial for him to help and share his knowledge, what good is bitcoin when you're pretty much the only one in the country who has them?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: