Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:18:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL ASIC REFUNDS - Why? NOT FCC APPROVED! Class action?  (Read 4868 times)
georgeberz (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:30:37 PM

I was wondering if BFL Butterfly Labs has FCC certification for all the miners they have sold?
look here
http://transition.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Engineering_Technology/Documents/bulletins/oet62/oet62rev.pdf

It seems they would be illegal to sell in the USA...

Anyone want to start a class action lawsuit and go for a FULL refund or original purchase price + damages

PM me if interested we need 25 - 50 people only to get this started!

George
georgeberz (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:58:32 PM

Reference Material
http://transition.fcc.gov/Bureaus/En...2/oet62rev.pdf

Digital Devices and Personal Computers
Section 15.3(k)
A digital device is a device or system that generates and uses digital timing signals
operating at greater than 9,000 cycles per second (9 kHz). Many types of electronic
equipment and consumer products are digital devices because they contain circuitry
using such digital timing signals. Examples of digital devices include computers,
calculators, digital watches and clocks, automotive electronic systems, and most
telephones, microwave ovens, video cassette recorders, and security alarm systems.

Peripherals to a Digital Device
Any device that feeds data into or receives data from a digital device is a peripheral of
the digital device. Peripherals include external devices that connect to a digital device
by wire or cable, and circuit boards within the digital device that connect it to external
peripherals. Also included are circuit boards that increase the operating or processing
speed of a digital device. Examples of peripherals are computer printers, monitors,
keyboards, printer cards, video cards, local area network cards, modems, and
enhancement or accelerator boards.
Section 15.3(r)
Peripherals to a digital device are subject to FCC technical standards because they can
generate their own radio noise or allow the escape of radio noise generated by the
digital devices to which they are connected. Peripherals to a personal computer must
be authorized by the FCC.
AmericanBit

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 06:16:17 PM

Im always down to fuck up BFL
georgeberz (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 06:18:38 PM

I was just banned for posting about FCC certification on BFL website

I thought you would like to see how BFL deletes unhappy customers
Rather than answering phone calls and or emails, they give me a total ban...
georgeberz (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 06:25:49 PM

Josh and Slok refuse to deal with the question... over at BFL

Perhaps if we start a class action suit that will get their attention to give prompt customer service
AmericanBit

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 06:43:27 PM

Josh and Slok refuse to deal with the question... over at BFL

Perhaps if we start a class action suit that will get their attention to give prompt customer service

I want to fight Josh...I would of so fucked their shit up at CES if I could of gone. I would of protested their booth and sent their potential customers running for the hills
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:56:25 PM

I was wondering if BFL Butterfly Labs has FCC certification for all the miners they have sold?
look here
http://transition.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Engineering_Technology/Documents/bulletins/oet62/oet62rev.pdf

It seems they would be illegal to sell in the USA...

Anyone want to start a class action lawsuit and go for a FULL refund or original purchase price + damages

PM me if interested we need 25 - 50 people only to get this started!

George

Do it..destroy them..

wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:08:05 PM

Isn't this kind of shady? To sue them after you used their products? I smell that's just taking advantage from their mistake / inability to be FFC-compliant.

On the other hand, you can sue them if you had damages, let's say your rack burnt down because the miners were faulty.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
georgeberz (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:14:49 PM

They pissed me off... Their customer service is terrible... I have had their products for less than a month!

I just purchased form them nearly 9k worth of equipment, 1 defective powersupply out of the box and another 50 gh unit failed after 24 hrs
now I have another one that just went under 45 GH so I need another RMA as its under thier 10% tolerance policy and they dont respond! I think they are selling fixed / refurbisned former RMA parts right now cleaaring out the warehouse so to say. If they are that is another crime selling refurbished as new... cant be done in this country either.

So I want my money back!

After looking into things, I see they do not have FCC approval and the posting quote above seem to think so, I called the FCC and spoke to an agent they are going to get me to the right person to have a definitive yes or no.

The law is the law and you cant violate the law for over a year and then try to fix things after the fact.. This is AMERICA and we all HAVE TO HAVE a level playing field.

Quite simply put they need to be responsive to their customers or they are going to piss off the wrong person and... well... now the FCC can have their way with them.

I am also looking into a lawsuit at the moment, anyone want to join, PM me.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:20:26 AM

Has their never been a class action against BFL yet? If not, staggered .....
AmericanBit

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 03:57:19 AM

They pissed me off... Their customer service is terrible... I have had their products for less than a month!

I just purchased form them nearly 9k worth of equipment, 1 defective powersupply out of the box and another 50 gh unit failed after 24 hrs
now I have another one that just went under 45 GH so I need another RMA as its under thier 10% tolerance policy and they dont respond! I think they are selling fixed / refurbisned former RMA parts right now cleaaring out the warehouse so to say. If they are that is another crime selling refurbished as new... cant be done in this country either.

So I want my money back!

After looking into things, I see they do not have FCC approval and the posting quote above seem to think so, I called the FCC and spoke to an agent they are going to get me to the right person to have a definitive yes or no.

The law is the law and you cant violate the law for over a year and then try to fix things after the fact.. This is AMERICA and we all HAVE TO HAVE a level playing field.

Quite simply put they need to be responsive to their customers or they are going to piss off the wrong person and... well... now the FCC can have their way with them.

I am also looking into a lawsuit at the moment, anyone want to join, PM me.

Im in, you should post on reddit too...im sure everyone is getting sick over those bullshit monarch preorders. I just saw one on ebay with a 99 cent starting price...They have fucked over so many people its obviously laughable...we should start a Bitcoinstarter campaign to raise money to sue...seriously
LAMarcellus

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:49:59 AM

I think we should start a lawsuit against georgeberz' mom for dropping him on his head when he was little.
Who's with me!?!

or this

1. Order BFL product
2 Huh
3. Profit!!

Well that didn't work soooo....
1.Order BFL product without performing due diligence
2. Huh
3. Profit Fail!!!
4. Complain about own stupidity on public forum for world to see.
5.Mentally masturbate about "BFL pissing off the wrong person"
6. Huh
7. Profit MOAR!

In all seriousness.  Stop before you hurt yourself or others. You can be held liable for everything you said here on this forum and "you don't want to piss off the wrong person".  Cuz some people don't just talk shit but walk shit too.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. – Albert Camus
georgeberz (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:12:08 AM

I am I supposed to know these units are not FCC certified?
Read the link above, I have a call into the FCC and they are looking into it.

Either it is legal to sell or not...

Can you sell computing devices without a FCC sticker in the USA?
or a periphial that has a clock rate over 9MZ

If BFL would be prompt with customer service perhaps they would not have gotten this drama, the point is, if it is legal or not.
If illegal then all transactions are null and void.

The FCC regulates this stuff to protect you and I form invisible microwave type radiation emitting form the device.

You ld you want a microwave in your house that was not certified?

Im sure you would, go take the door off and jumper the safety disconnect and see what happens to you after a few months of constant use

George
nirom

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:16:19 AM

So, basically george, you are trying to sue a company on a technicality because you forgot to read the big warnings that said "there is no garantee on the shipment time". Nice going.

If you do succeded with suing them, don't you think all orders would be stopped only for the USA market? These products would probably end up being sent to any other country without an FCC regulation....

So go ahead with it. I'll get mine faster  Grin
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:22:53 AM

This whole 'no FCC approval' thing has been rolling along for over seven months now.  Surely, if it was actually a big deal someone would have emailed the FCC with some photos of BFL's equipment and left it at that?  If the FCC cared they should have acted by now. 

I understand that customers are frustrated by the BS they have received, and continue to receive from BFL (remember, Monarchs were supposed to ship in November/December 2013.  How many were shipped?).  However I find receiving equipment from BFL, using it, and then finding some (any?) reason to extract money out of them out of spite to be quite low behaviour.  For those people who keep bringing up the no FCC approval theme, you're not using your illegal hardware to mine, right?
georgeberz (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:39:27 AM

I bought "in stock items" and i believe it took them over 2 weeks to ship them "from in stock"
then I have 1 powersupply bad right out of the box... took over a week for that to come in
I had another RA for a 50 GH unit only working 1/2 speed, took them 5 days after I filed a RMA request form my control panel, then I have to mail back, wait how long for them to fix and return? we will see, then shipping again, im looking at 3 weeks... and in this business time is money.
now I have another 50 unit running under 90% another unit that has to go back and I cant create a RMA while the other is still pending.
They do not answer their phone or answer emails with any clarity or even if answered at all.

Poor way to run a company... so of course I want my money back, today if possible, and he can have all their crap
if they want to go to court, cool, I'll keep mining until the date.

My whole point if they would ship as advertised from IN STOCK, if they would answer their phone form upset customers?
I have a 3 out of 10 device failure, that is so not acceptable. IN STOCK to me meand ready to ship, not have to process orders for a week, then have your device built. of course different things mean different things to different people.

They run a crappy company, and they deserve what they get, the FCC may not actually do anything that is why I am asking for a class action suit of others that have been treated like I have. The LAW is the LAW and I would not have gotten uppity if I was treated like a valuable customer.

Perhaps then they will treat customers correctly after they are sued and or shut down. it should be fun to subponea their customer list Smiley

I've heard rumors the company is run by a former felon...

So lets see what happens.... f them

alrachid

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

Just another man trying to find his way.

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 04:42:10 AM

Wow, I never knew that BFL had such terrible customer support. It seems like a lot of business now days just deflect and sustain until absolutely needed to give in... Just my opinion.

Make Money To Buy Crypto By Doing Online Surveys! http://bit.ly/2pDUMPJ
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:12:27 AM

Wow, I never knew that BFL had such terrible customer support. It seems like a lot of business now days just deflect and sustain until absolutely needed to give in... Just my opinion.

Especially bitcoin companies unfortunately. Still too many completely amateur bitcoin companies running round the wild wild west.
georgeberz (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:27:16 PM

Good News Folks...

For those that knuckled under over BFL saying this has been beat to death... The problem is many people knuckle under when someone talks with w/supposed authority and do not follow through...

I just got off the phone with the FCC's technical standards division

Jim Szeliga
301-362-3051

He stated the BFL USB connected devices are PERIPHIALS under FCC law and require "Equipment Authorization" PERIOD no ifs ands or buts That the device until authorized cannot be marketed or sold to anyone in the USA.

WE are referring the case over to the FCC enforcement division today

Class action is 1 step closer....

Anyone want to join me now? I am now interviewing law firms to see who will be best for this case.

Call Jim and ask... They need to get their phone blown up on this. Let him know how much you spent and that you want your money back as well.

George

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:33:51 PM

Good News Folks...

For those that knuckled under over BFL saying this has been beat to death... The problem is many people knuckle under when someone talks with w/supposed authority and do not follow through...

I just got off the phone with the FCC's technical standards division

Jim Szeliga
301-362-3051

He stated the BFL USB connected devices are PERIPHIALS under FCC law and require "Equipment Authorization" PERIOD no ifs ands or buts That the device until authorized cannot be marketed or sold to anyone in the USA.

WE are referring the case over to the FCC enforcement division today

Class action is 1 step closer....

Anyone want to join me now? I am now interviewing law firms to see who will be best for this case.

Call Jim and ask... They need to get their phone blown up on this. Let him know how much you spent and that you want your money back as well.

George

I'm just shocked it has taken this long. BFL have been conning people for way too long already.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: