Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:55:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Year is 2017... ]Closed]  (Read 1889 times)
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:20:40 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 11:16:17 PM by tk808

Shutting this down because it turned into a propaganda thread

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
usahero

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:22:57 PM

I wish nobody will remember NXT or QRK in 2017, but people will know Dogecoins, Primecoins, maybe Litecoins and Worldcoins.

tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:24:30 PM

I wish nobody will remember NXT or QRK in 2017, but people will know Dogecoins, Primecoins, maybe Litecoins and Worldcoins.

You gave no reason, your answer is not based on any fact. So therefore you have no merit.
Zzzack

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:38:18 PM

I believe BTC and LTC and Doge will all be irrelevant by then and we will choose the technically best coin.

But as far as currencies to be remembered.

BTC - it started it all
LTC - it came in second and stayed there till bombing, at which point Doge became a weak second place.
Doge - joke coin, brought many into crypto. Looked strong, lacked business adoption. Educated users on cryptos.
QRK - will be remembered as a CPU-mined coin. and the fastest coin. may struggle in gaining a footing in the market like many other coins.

Honestly, I believe a government (or possibly just some legitimate institution) is gonna put out a P2P crypto coin (that's CPU-mined like QRK or fairquark or any 6-encryption coin) that dominates. ^^Those 4 will be remembered as paving the way and have short term/medium term growth potential. Not long term.

Producer
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:46:47 PM

I believe BTC and LTC and Doge will all be irrelevant by then and we will choose the technically best coin.

BTC - it started it all
LTC - it came in second and stayed there till bombing, at which point Doge became a weak second place.
Doge - joke coin, brought many into crypto. Looked strong, lacked business adoption. Educated users on cryptos.
QRK - will be remembered as a CPU-mined coin. and the fastest coin. may struggle in gaining a footing in the market like many other coins.

Honestly, I believe a government (or possibly just some legitimate institution) is gonna put out a P2P crypto coin (that's CPU-mined like QRK or fairquark or any 6-encryption coin) that dominates. ^^Those 4 will be remembered as paving the way and have short term/medium term growth potential. Not long term.

Governments will just have a digital version based on the current currency. There is no way they can totally switch to fully digital in the next 3 years.
You will see the option to pay in digital dollars, physical dollars, or credit cards based on physical dollars.

A government can't reeducate its people on monetary systems, they can only create an alternative based on the current model.

Bitcoin will not vanish in 3 years, i think its just the beginning as governments begin to truly fail.
Jeezy911

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:49:15 PM

The coin the US government releases, number 1.

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:52:39 PM

Bitcoin ASIC (SHA 256)
Litecoin GPU (scrypt)
Quark CPU (9 algos 6 hashes)
epinay

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:53:12 PM

top 5 in 2017?  BTC, LTC & EAC, the others 2 didnt born yet
Zzzack

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:00:06 PM

BTC - it started it all

Governments will just have a digital version based on the current currency. There is no way they can totally switch to fully digital in the next 3 years.
You will see the option to pay in digital dollars, physical dollars, or credit cards based on physical dollars.

A government can't reeducate its people on monetary systems, they can only create an alternative based on the current model.

Bitcoin will not vanish in 3 years, i think its just the beginning as governments begin to truly fail.

http://business.financialpost.com/2013/09/19/canadian-mint-pushes-ahead-in-murky-world-of-crypto-currency-with-mintchip-project/ is what I'm thinking of with a P2P currency. Economics professors in the US are advocating that the US gov't gets into cryptos (although I realize that is incredibly improbable), I see that as the only way to create the dominant crypto.

Also, people posting shit like EAC are idiots. I just looked that coin up, because I thought it might be some environmental coin (which would be a nice trait), but its just a block reward schedule based on the earth's rotation.. Honestly?

I agree more so with @Netnox. I diversify my portfolio based on coin families (since this generally creates unique traits in the coins), so CPU-mined, GPU-mined, and BTC are the big 3. I also think that one family will run away with the crypto-king title. We'll have to see who gains momentum later on this year.

Producer
epinay

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:18:58 PM

BTC - it started it all

http://business.financialpost.com/2013/09/19/canadian-mint-pushes-ahead-in-murky-world-of-crypto-currency-with-mintchip-project/ is what I'm thinking of with a P2P currency. Economics professors in the US are advocating that the US gov't gets into cryptos (although I realize that is incredibly improbable), I see that as the only way to create the dominant crypto.

Also, people posting shit like EAC are idiots. I just looked that coin up, because I thought it might be some environmental coin (which would be a nice trait), but its just a block reward schedule based on the earth's rotation.. Honestly?

I agree more so with @Netnox. I diversify my portfolio based on coin families (since this generally creates unique traits in the coins), so CPU-mined, GPU-mined, and BTC are the big 3. I also think that one family will run away with the crypto-king title. We'll have to see who gains momentum later on this year.

Read this please:
http://bitcoinprbuzz.com/an-exclusive-interview-with-the-earthcoin-team/
Kenshin

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:21:17 PM

I think the following will still be the top.

Bitcoin
Litecoin
Primecoin
Feathercoin
Dogecoin
Quark
Zzzack

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:27:56 PM

I looked through most of that, and yeah the devs seem cute. They seem fun to hangout with and all that..And they're definitely better people than a lot of those launching coins, but I just don't believe in their product over others (in terms of investment potential, and functionality). You won't be able to convince me of functionality, there are many more functional coins, and many more functional coins that I still wouldn't invest in because they're overvalued relative to other coins on the market.

I like Kenshin's post^^
That's a pretty good list.

Producer
lalakies23

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:35:08 PM

Betacoin for sure my friend Smiley.

The reason is it is much more fair than every other coin that came out the latest year, shows stability and an increasing trend. Also new features
are soon going to be added by the Developers in the Block chain and many electoric shops are going to use it's chart for transactions.
It shows real decentralization since it is not premined and home miners with low cost ASICs already mining it.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:37:48 PM

Bitcoin
Litecoin
Devcoin
Namecoin
Quark
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:43:40 PM

I'm definitely hoping CGB will make it's stand this year.

I think the currencies that will stand are bitcoin, litecoin, peercoin and primecoin.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:46:39 PM

I think the following will still be the top.

Bitcoin
Litecoin
Primecoin
Feathercoin
Dogecoin
Quark

could you explane why you see feather in 2017? I see no major arguments for that  Undecided
ltcifc

Activity: 344

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:49:51 PM

2017 and you are millionaire... only if got Infinitecoin's Smiley
Get some free here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=425823.0
edok

Activity: 167

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:56:15 PM

Bitcoin and four coins you haven't heard of yet.

blaz092

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:03:22 PM

You can use your psychic abilities for greater goods my friend, like saving man kind, or....
Can you tell me who mu real parents are, i am adopted? Cheesy
Thanks

Zzzack

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:06:42 PM

Quark - lol are you serious ?

While I don't necessarily favor Quark over other CPU-mined coins (seriously, you should all consider diversifying your portfolio with ASICs, GPU and CPU mined coins), I think its a reasonable coin that could last into the future.

Main site is professional - http://www.qrk.cc/
they have the foundation in place to assure investors they're working - http://www.quarkfoundation.cc/
they have a ton of video support - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb8si58DW9Y and this channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvEMrREf6HAK9ZcAKHmuNGw
and just a shit ton of random other sites they spam onto reddit @ /r/cryptocurrency.

FairQuark seems like a good alternative. I'm just pissed they premined that coin.

Producer
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: