Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:42:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Delete this topic  (Read 709 times)
elementalfx (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:58:29 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2014, 01:27:04 AM by elementalfx

Delete this topic
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 10:14:05 PM

Hello. I am working on crowdfunding site especially accepting bitcoin as a payment. I am wondering if BitPay support split payment. What I want is to split whole donated ammount among site owner and campaign creator. Lets say 99 percents for campaign creator and 1 percent to site owner to cover maintenance cost. If not is there any solution to this?

Thank you
I don't know if bitpay supports this but you could always run bitcoind on a server and add a few lines of code to it. Someone will always be able to do it for you.
gigica viteazu`

Activity: 458
Merit: 250

beast at work

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:37:34 AM

I don't know if bitpay supports this but you could always run bitcoind on a server and add a few lines of code to it. Someone will always be able to do it for you.

then ... why he would need BitPay if he takes BTC directly?
olsn

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:47:39 PM

To answer the question: No, Bitpay doesn't support split payment. It is (at its' current state) designed to provide a solution for merchants, who don't want to bother with technical stuff like this and not act as a full payment-processing-service. That payment-processing-service is the Bitcoin-protocoll itself already. And sites like yours should build directly on top of that and not on top of some additional layer that may act as current credit-card-companies.

then ... why he would need BitPay if he takes BTC directly?

He doesn't.
Bitpay's key-feature is offering Bitcoin payment with the posibility of getting paid out in fiat.
With Bitpay you can only have one payout-address of a kind registered at a time. (so one $-bank-account, one €-account, 1 BTC-address, ect...) - for your site I wouldn't suggest you to use Bitpay anyways, because to get the money/coins to the campaign creators, it would have to go through one of your own accounts anyways if you used Bitpay.
That being said, if you plan a BTC-only-site, it'll be easier (and probably cheaper) for you to setup your own bitcoind.

I'm interested in your project though, since campaigns can take 30-40 days, considering the volatility, this could(in extreme cases) mean either half or double the value initially requested.
gigica viteazu`

Activity: 458
Merit: 250

beast at work

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:07:17 PM

He doesn't.
Bitpay's key-feature is offering Bitcoin payment with the posibility of getting paid out in fiat.
With Bitpay you can only have one payout-address of a kind registered at a time. (so one $-bank-account, one €-account, 1 BTC-address, ect...) - for your site I wouldn't suggest you to use Bitpay anyways, because to get the money/coins to the campaign creators, it would have to go through one of your own accounts anyways if you used Bitpay.
That being said, if you plan a BTC-only-site, it'll be easier (and probably cheaper) for you to setup your own bitcoind.

indeed... my question was somehow rhetorical in nature since a solution based on bitcoind makes BitPay kind of a fifth wheel to the wagon

I'm interested in your project though, since campaigns can take 30-40 days, considering the volatility, this could(in extreme cases) mean either half or double the value initially requested.

An excellent point.
elendir

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:21:21 PM

I had the same requirement with my last project. Bitpay didn't support it. Solved by sending one part of the payment via their direct deposit to a bank account and the second part as a bitcoin payment to the other party's bitcoin address. I added this "split payment" as a feature request though, you can send them a support request to urge that.
olsn

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:17:02 PM

If you don't want to setup your own bitcoind, take a look at the blockchain-payment-api: https://blockchain.info/de/api/api_receive
combined with their wallet-api, you can do excactly what you need, and it's (as of now) completely free to use.
BIT4BRAIN

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 08:11:24 AM

bitpay fees?

฿it 4 ฿rain : ฿itcoin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: