Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:25:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [GTX 1060 x 4 + Corsair 500W ] Low Costs Miner - 100Mhs - ETH Algo Mining -  (Read 302 times)
texgeek (OP)

Activity: 515
Merit: 202

in BTC we trust!

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:06:02 PM

So Guys, i am a miner. And want share my experience mining using GTX 1060.

Total PCbs = 12 GTX 1060

I am a eletronic technical guy, and when start, checking specifications, to run that the Watts per PCB was ~140W , to 160W per PCB.

On My country , the price of eletrical resources is high. Really High. So impossible to mantain  ( 4 x 150W ) x3 , no profitable schema using that base.

So, i start some research about GPUs , Core of Processing, and others things to Check How much each PCB will really need to run.

Checking GPUz and others Softwares , that can check the Core GPU is using in real time and you can calculate exactly.

On My calculation. Just 65W is needed to run. So My base math :

1 PCB = 65W
4 PCB = 260W
Processor = Semprom 145 ( 60 to 100W minumum)
Motherboard = Gigabyte 970 ( 100w to 130w~)

Total Watts = 490W

So, my previos calculation , show to me , base ATX Watts was 800W to 1200W, (super higher), to 490W is a really Good cut.

I bougth a Coursair CX 500 ,  some adapters, a low sram 2GB , to run that.

My Rig showed above.

https://imgur.com/gallery/5P5ugKM

Using that configuration, i got some profit. Corsair like a fire always, super hot. But all good with PCBs.

I hope this help others miners on that bear market.

ETH Algo Mining -

open to virtual work

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:03:03 PM

I'm wouldn't arguing with your calculation, as long as that setup makes your rig running smoothly, mean that no issue with it. I highly appreciate what were you doing, that was miner spirit. I like it.  Wink

But,
Don't forget, mining process running 24/7. This condition indicating something:

Using that configuration, i got some profit. Corsair like a fire always, super hot. But all good with PCBs.

Be careful and good luck!

OP's Rig!

Rasanders22

Activity: 67
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:12:16 PM

So Guys, i am a miner. And want share my experience mining using GTX 1060.

Total PCbs = 12 GTX 1060

I am a eletronic technical guy, and when start, checking specifications, to run that the Watts per PCB was ~140W , to 160W per PCB.

On My country , the price of eletrical resources is high. Really High. So impossible to mantain  ( 4 x 150W ) x3 , no profitable schema using that base.

So, i start some research about GPUs , Core of Processing, and others things to Check How much each PCB will really need to run.

Checking GPUz and others Softwares , that can check the Core GPU is using in real time and you can calculate exactly.

On My calculation. Just 65W is needed to run. So My base math :

1 PCB = 65W
4 PCB = 260W
Processor = Semprom 145 ( 60 to 100W minumum)
Motherboard = Gigabyte 970 ( 100w to 130w~)

Total Watts = 490W

So, my previos calculation , show to me , base ATX Watts was 800W to 1200W, (super higher), to 490W is a really Good cut.

I bougth a Coursair CX 500 ,  some adapters, a low sram 2GB , to run that.

My Rig showed above.

https://imgur.com/gallery/5P5ugKM

I hope this help others miners on that bear market.

ETH Algo Mining -

It seems like you aren't adhering to the 80% rule of the power supply. You shouldn't pull more than 440 watts. But if its working my guess is you over estimated the power draw on the CPU and motherboard. That seems kind of high considering your processor is mostly idle (I'm on a PC that's mining with 1 gtx1060 and my processor stays around 9-15% utilization) 
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:17:43 PM

I have a bad experience on that ribbon risers Grin

If I were you, go get that USB risers instead, same is true to your PSU go with the 80% rule its one of the most important part of the rig to invest with Wink
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:58:28 PM

You should be fine and your rig is well within the 80% rule. Your estimations of 100W for the processor + another 130 watts for the motherboard are way over estimated, its more likely that these components will only contribute about 40 to maybe 60 watts combined.

From my personal experience using a rig running 1060's (set at 65% or under PL), total power usage comes in at a little under 80 watts per card factoring in everything, meaning this includes the GPUs, risers, motherboard, ram, PSU, processor, and SSD.

So your 4 x 1060 rig should draw around 320-350 watts at the most unless you neglect to adjust your GPU PL (Power Limits). In fact, I think you could add another 1060 card to your rig and still be within the 440 watt 80% safety zone for your PSU. If you can, I would recommend buying a Kill-a-Watt or similar power usage meter and measure the power usage at the PSU input to double check.
texgeek (OP)

in BTC we trust!

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:47:54 AM

I have usb risers also, but usb spend more power than another one.

Because that i used booth.

I have a bad experience on that ribbon risers Grin

If I were you, go get that USB risers instead, same is true to your PSU go with the 80% rule its one of the most important part of the rig to invest with Wink

open to virtual work
texgeek (OP)

in BTC we trust!

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 03:03:07 AM

I'm wouldn't arguing with your calculation, as long as that setup makes your rig running smoothly, mean that no issue with it. I highly appreciate what were you doing, that was miner spirit. I like it.  Wink

But,
Don't forget, mining process running 24/7. This condition indicating something:

Be careful and good luck!

OP's Rig!

i got issues, the last one was Motherboard burn the connector from ATX and powersupply, motherboard die. and i changed. but that after one year.

i change my apartment recently because that my rigs is not op yet, but i like show my not rich  equipment,  Grin Smiley

With ethereum down, and eletric charges on my country on 0,24USD peer kw. its impossible got a profit with ETH on that price.

To me , minimum to run is 600 USD or greater . I will put all equipement to run again, to take good photos  Grin

Do you already got a profit with eth mining ? or ethash mining ?

open to virtual work
texgeek (OP)

in BTC we trust!

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 03:23:20 AM

And thanks for thats responses guys. its good, exchange experiences with another miners.

im not running all yet again. but i will.

On this week arrived to me a grid seed ( aliexpress PCB cheap , scrypt mining)

And a antRouter, LTC Based mine. Im not configured yet, but i will try put to run.

Gridseed pcb https://imgur.com/gallery/NQP8ljk

next days i will post Rig Photos Full OP.

open to virtual work
Geraldo

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:03:52 AM

Ah, I like this question.
Usually, I didn't answer this kind of question. Cheesy

I had good mining result on (Ethash) in the last two month. There was new coin (ETC Fork). I mine it from the first time when the main net launched.  Wink
texgeek (OP)

in BTC we trust!

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 03:21:02 PM

Ah, I like this question.
Usually, I didn't answer this kind of question. Cheesy

I had good mining result on (Ethash) in the last two month. There was new coin (ETC Fork). I mine it from the first time when the main net launched.  Wink

I trying the same thing, but in general its closes from ethereum profit now.

The coin is https://atheios.cryptopools.info/ its a fork of ethereum and this guys forket myetherwallet also and create a copy to that blockchain.

With little increase price , the profit will arrive, but for now, i paying to mine.

do you have some new gem on this format ( starting main net) to mine now ?

Thanks Smiley

open to virtual work
Geraldo

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:08:14 PM

~snip~

The coin is https://atheios.cryptopools.info/ its a fork of ethereum and this guys forket myetherwallet also and create a copy to that blockchain.

With little increase price , the profit will arrive, but for now, i paying to mine.

That was a good move, at least you have an alternative. You could do the same, only need to find the right coins. Just keep going, keep patience and you will find the gold for sure.

Nah, at this moment. Even if I have one, I wouldn't tell you.  Wink
texgeek (OP)

in BTC we trust!

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:58:47 PM

~snip~

That was a good move, at least you have an alternative. You could do the same, only need to find the right coins. Just keep going, keep patience and you will find the gold for sure.

Nah, at this moment. Even if I have one, I wouldn't tell you.  Wink

Thanks bro for all tips.

A more one doubt, has a more centralized information about thats new gems ?
My job today is, open main thread of altcoin annon, open the more new , checking number of responses, and open read, open read etc..

O search field, i cannot filter category, to its a really hard job.

do you have some tip, how can i search with more productive format ?

My common problem, if reload page, or back later, i loose the tracking.. and need start again.. lol.

Do you have some tip to search ?

Thanks for advices.

open to virtual work
Geraldo

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:22:39 PM

A bit hard to explain, you were doing right with tried to find new coins on that thread, even you measuring people respond to that coins project. That was a good start! Communities would be one of the coin's future determinant (look at Dogecoin). You should find the other things besides that (related to coin's future).

Another thing that you should do, of course, tried it. Do some experiment, comparing one and other and keep exploring. Trust me, it works!  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: