Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:34:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Asking for Merit with Proof. DT members need to step in IMO  (Read 508 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 08:11:25 AM

Clear merit farming/ abuse. There's too much gibberish in here, probably in an attempt to create a distraction. OP can you take a look at the findings from eddie13 and then (if necessary) add a clear list of involved accounts in the first post? Make sure not to link to merit pages when listing users.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:17:30 PM

Also, it's been a while since this case came up originally - why what's caused the delay mday?
If my memory serves me right then after my first comment on the Need help with recovering lost password to Legendary Account topic, I realized this could be an innocent mistake since most of the merit transaction happened on Jan 31 which was very early stage of introducing merit. Yesterday I saw the latest one was on April but I am pretty sure my eyes missed those at the first time. Anyway I did not follow the topic ever-since. Yesterday I noticed the post from eddie13 with possible more accounts. Then I had a wish to dig it deep.

OP can you take a look at the findings from eddie13 and then (if necessary) add a clear list of involved accounts in the first post? Make sure not to link to merit pages when listing users.

I will try mate however I can not assure you that I will do. I am not feeling energetic today. Reading the comments on this topic and another one which I created few days ago (Discussion needed: xtraelv and Lafu activities), seems like we accepted this kind of unusual behaviors. These people always have their excuses and they are doing very well. Mistakes or ignorance are forgivable if it  happens once or twice (this is a mistake) but if it happens 10 times (#) then it's not a mistake, it's intentional and ignorance can not be an excuse but looks like I am wrong here.

I guess it's time for me to shift my energy and focus on something else. Right now I am enjoying IPL final match (I love cricket).

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
sibnia

Activity: 602
Merit: 322

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:01:43 PM

Clear merit farming/ abuse. There's too much gibberish in here, probably in an attempt to create a distraction. OP can you take a look at the findings from eddie13 and then (if necessary) add a clear list of involved accounts in the first post? Make sure not to link to merit pages when listing users.

Dear Lauda, ​​I may be wrong but I hope that my participation in this discussion will be very useful. Just want to apologize for my English, since my native language is Russian. To begin with, the topic of merits is very complex in its understanding. In addition, it complicates for the Russian-speaking population this translation of this topic into Russian. Personally, I coped with these problems as I could and this is the result of my activity.
Since I am the main "hero" of the merit theme, I think that I will have to justify myself (to defend myself) at the moment. I'm ready!!!
First of all I want to give information on mellon. As I already wrote, acquaintance with mellon happened on the project SteepCoin. mellon is a professional in his field, a kind and sympathetic person. His help is invaluable. With the advent of merits, I turned to mellon for help, to evaluate my messages on bitcointalk. He did not deny me. Thus, I have merits on my account from mellon.
Then I really would like to know what I'm accused of? What have I done wrong?
Ready to give answers to all the questions that close this topic once and for all.
VeryFunnny

Activity: 120
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:08:13 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2018, 07:20:28 PM by VeryFunnny

Ok. I have realy more free time on that moment to continue that discussion, so im sent here my last post on that moment about all that situation.
1. My main account mellon https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=339752 , im wrote from my alt ( reserve ) account  ;
2. Sibnia https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=639205 account of my friend in real life ;
3. Yes im merited him on 31 January 2018 because he ask me to help him, its not my alt account , its another real man ( army officer, honest and respect man in real life ) ;
4. All another accounts in eddie13 list not known for and not associate with my main mellon account ;
At last may be im make mistake and merited few accounts on all of my merits its not a better using on my ( mellon ) merits. But its my own real choice , its not farming or merit abbuse , its only help to my real friend. Im not see any bad or wrong in my actions. When im merited him merits was a new feature here ,, after 3 months of that act ppl try to say me that is not right , ok , why all that time my action was right? When i do that im only want wo use all new points, they will appear on my own honest account , why i can use it once like i want , on my own choice? Im not have so much free time last 1.5 years Lauda like you , most of users of that forum live and have a real life. So yes my mistake that im not deeper check merit OP. But im never farm here or spam anyone or scam anyone. You easy can check all information about my account can try to associate all that account by any other flags. If my action with merit have a bad sense to anyone here , im real sorry for that and want to know what anyone lost by my merit action? Im already after that situation see how merits here important to some community members, so im ask to share here link for merit donation ( 25 merit im ready to donate to community and forum ) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4308098.msg38671393#msg38671393 check that post about. Anyway im not want to use merits after that situation , im not see any goods in it, but community see , so community better use my merits then me in that case. So that is all that i want say about. Im not see any criminal in my merit action , only help to my real friend and use all my merits once time like i want on my own private choice, im really dont know for what , but if im hurt here by my action with merit anyone im sorry for that. Anyway for me my real friends are mych more important than any virtual points.
So that is all on that moment , ty for your time and attention to that problem. English not my native language, so im sorry for any mistake.

P/S : At first im have a problem with login to my main honest true account https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=339752 and hope anyone can help to recover it.

Sincerely yours,
mellon
VeryFunnny

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:10:06 PM

Dear Lauda, ​​I may be wrong but I hope that my participation in this discussion will be very useful. Just want to apologize for my English, since my native language is Russian. To begin with, the topic of merits is very complex in its understanding. In addition, it complicates for the Russian-speaking population this translation of this topic into Russian. Personally, I coped with these problems as I could and this is the result of my activity.
Since I am the main "hero" of the merit theme, I think that I will have to justify myself (to defend myself) at the moment. I'm ready!!!
First of all I want to give information on mellon. As I already wrote, acquaintance with mellon happened on the project SteepCoin. mellon is a professional in his field, a kind and sympathetic person. His help is invaluable. With the advent of merits, I turned to mellon for help, to evaluate my messages on bitcointalk. He did not deny me. Thus, I have merits on my account from mellon.
Ready to give answers to all the questions that close this topic once and for all.
Hello my friend. Ty for your reply. Anyway admins can check IP addresses and see that we are different ppl.
sibnia

Activity: 602
Merit: 322

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:20:24 PM

Hello my friend. Ty for your reply. Anyway admins can check IP addresses and see that we are different ppl.
Hi!) I'm glad to hear you mellon. I'm very sorry that I brought you so much negativity. I hope that all this will end soon especially for you.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:19:25 PM

I thought it was decided to NOT take action against merit abuse cases anymore, to just let them be and wait for the merit airdrop to run out..
DT members like actmyname do tag merit abusers, but only in obvious cases where there's little doubt about what's going on.  I've seen Vod tag people as well. 

In general, though, you are correct that merit abusers don't get tagged.  It's a very gray area and DT action has been less consistent than, say, loan scammers or bounty cheaters and that's because of the inherent uncertainty as to what people consider good posts and how much merit to give out.  Theymos has also suggested that suspected merit abusers shouldn't be tagged, that it'll all work out in the end--and that's why I haven't been leaving negs for people.

Some members have probably ranked up when they shouldn't have, because they're shitposters, but overall it's still MUCH harder for them to do so.  That's progress.

People who abuse merits forgets that they can only use it once and when it gets used up, its either to conform to the rule of the forum on getting merit legitimately, or they are stuck in one position and because opening a new account won't come with merits, that won't be an option to consider which is why I agree with this submission entirely. The earlier we start following the rules the better for everyone. Most times people who are of the lower ranks always believe they are subject of targets when some rules are made rather its meant for the betterment of everybody.
darkzorger

Activity: 302
Merit: 251

Ego Sum Qui Sum

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:26:58 PM

that fascism on the forum has come? and each person should have a license and ask for permission to manage their account?

[    ] 
  POW/POS
  ANONIMITY
TRANSACTIONS
  SECURITY

STEEP
& CHEAP
steepcoinproject@gmail.com
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:47:07 PM

IP addresses don't do too much to confirm you're a different person. For example, if you have dynamic IPs and both you and sibnia have the same internet provider, it's possible you may have had the same IP once since you've been here (while unlikely).

I mean it's not impossible for you to skim through that data if you particularly wanted to find the truth though is it?

Quickly put "veryfunny" on ignore and then there's not as many posts on the first page (unignore him afterwards though).

Also, it's been a while since this case came up originally - why what's caused the delay mday?
If my memory serves me right then after my first comment on the Need help with recovering lost password to Legendary Account topic, I realized this could be an innocent mistake since most of the merit transaction happened on Jan 31 which was very early stage of introducing merit. Yesterday I saw the latest one was on April but I am pretty sure my eyes missed those at the first time. Anyway I did not follow the topic ever-since. Yesterday I noticed the post from eddie13 with possible more accounts. Then I had a wish to dig it deep.

To me, this might have bewen more useufl if you mentioned in the OP that this is still ongoing (I didn't check the new evidence since I assumed it was based on the original accusations).
finist4x
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 08:52:31 PM

I communicate with "mellon".

I did not notice him in scam or in any actions that contradict the rules or the foundations of the crypto community.

Audit Smart Contract
{
 F    R    E    E

- AI - Audit tools
}
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -

#  DEVto
#  Tumblr
#  Medium

--
--
--
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
--

VeryFunnny

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 09:11:05 PM
Merited by bekasto (3)

IP addresses don't do too much to confirm you're a different person. For example, if you have dynamic IPs and both you and sibnia have the same internet provider, it's possible you may have had the same IP once since you've been here (while unlikely).

I mean it's not impossible for you to skim through that data if you particularly wanted to find the truth though is it?

Quickly put "veryfunny" on ignore and then there's not as many posts on the first page (unignore him afterwards though).

To me, this might have bewen more useufl if you mentioned in the OP that this is still ongoing (I didn't check the new evidence since I assumed it was based on the original accusations).
Im agree with IP not too much for that, but that first that go to my mind, also who have time can check all posts history of me and Sibnia , its will be better to understand that we are two different humans. Im not think that we must share here our both personal information. But if it will be need and after we share a proof about all that situation and all ppl who are created that issue solve it and ask exuses for his action and share here already their personal info im ready to do that . About Sibnia need ask Sibnia. About same provider not think so but on global channel in Russia , Belarus and Ukraine providers of  last two countries often use a Russian IT providers channels.
One more than I want to ask when here right on own choice and you own opinion start to be against rules? Im getting my merits because im active here 4 years in a row, its my own choice how i want to use that merits , if i want to sent to one account all 100 merits i can do that , if i want to sent it to 3 accounts i can do that. Its my choice how use my own merits , im not ask anyone merited my post its unuseful for Legendary account. Im not want to provide any merits competitions , not want to be like judge in merit questions. Im not understand for what another Legendary collect merits in their bags. If they are not recharged? Another members of community must share useful posts , ok what is useful posts for me that one , for you that another , for Lauda its a third. Where here consensus?
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 09:47:12 PM

One more than I want to ask when here right on own choice and you own opinion start to be against rules? Im getting my merits because im active here 4 years in a row, its my own choice how i want to use that merits , if i want to sent to one account all 100 merits i can do that , if i want to sent it to 3 accounts i can do that. Its my choice how use my own merits , im not ask anyone merited my post its unuseful for Legendary account. Im not want to provide any merits competitions , not want to be like judge in merit questions. Im not understand for what another Legendary collect merits in their bags. If they are not recharged?

I agree withsome of that. It does stay not to hoard your merits and then the community shun those who follow that rule and award merits to their friends (which I don't think is a bad thing, we're a community, surely promoting personal connections between people isn't a bad thing) - surely?

Being here for 4 years or a day doesn't mean too much, it's how you present yourself here.
VeryFunnny

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 09:55:27 PM

One more than I want to ask when here right on own choice and you own opinion start to be against rules? Im getting my merits because im active here 4 years in a row, its my own choice how i want to use that merits , if i want to sent to one account all 100 merits i can do that , if i want to sent it to 3 accounts i can do that. Its my choice how use my own merits , im not ask anyone merited my post its unuseful for Legendary account. Im not want to provide any merits competitions , not want to be like judge in merit questions. Im not understand for what another Legendary collect merits in their bags. If they are not recharged?

I agree withsome of that. It does stay not to hoard your merits and then the community shun those who follow that rule and award merits to their friends (which I don't think is a bad thing, we're a community, surely promoting personal connections between people isn't a bad thing) - surely?

Being here for 4 years or a day doesn't mean too much, it's how you present yourself here.
Sorry im not want to promote yourself , only want to understand my point of view and for what im receive merits on my main account.
How i see from all of that here is too much needs to do around merits situation at all. To many factors are appears month by month. Hope community can make at the end work helpfull insrument for solve main problems of that forum by results of merit expearence.
VeryFunnny

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:46:17 AM

Like we all for those accounts main aim is to create any new alert around much more Legendary accounts. They are very active in their alert posts , but that activity less when asking posts that will be more helpfull in solving another problem. Like on my situation i cannot answer and defend my position by my main account , but all that dusscussion starts around my main Legendary account. Anyone of that ppl not try to help solve my main problem ( recovey access to my Legendary account) only jackj do that. But topickstarter post many post in my recovery topic about merit issue , when other member of community ask him to make post about updating his own position on issue that he create that member not so fast react on that. All of that for any normal human member here must be like a alert. Im never think that some situation can touch me own so deeper , but you guys ( topicstarter , eddie13 , Lauda ) do that.
Eddie13 in you list you include only my legendary mellon account , but its no full list in that case. Im merit my friend sibnia , but in not merit anyone who are include on your list after my Legendary mellon account. Why you are not include sibnia in that list?
List by eddie13 detect:

VeryFunnny

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 01:20:48 AM

Also Lauda i want to defend myself by my main account here, i know you are respective person here , so i want to ask you help me with to make that situation around me more honest https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4318361.0
Vitala

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:34:03 AM

Looks like some members want to take control on this forum and other members. It is just like terror, they want to decide who can use his account, and who can't. Strange position of that persons.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: