Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:04:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What should we do with the dirty dev coin mates??
DELETE THAT SHIT
Slowly release it and use it for giveaways/massive awards (Giveaways would consist of .1-.6 GOAT per user)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [GOATCoin] Greatest Of All Time | SHA-256 | Rewards active users | Rare  (Read 36080 times)
0btc

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

0x0a.nl operator

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 05:29:20 PM

Still not having much luck solomining. I've got a spare antminer that I've been trying to solomine goat with, however I just can't get it running. It just refuses to connect.

To troubleshoot solomining, I always like to use netstat to see whether the coin client is listening to the correct ports, and something like netcat to verify that it is not blocked by a firewall or such. Also, verifying the rpcuser & rpcpassword can't hurt. (Which OS are you on?)

If that doesn't solve it though - did you try my other P2Pool node yet Smiley? I set it up shortly after the first one seemed to be dying. They're actually both working reasonably well now, though the second has a better valid shares rate. It's 'still' at http://goatcoin.p2p.0x0a.nl:22646 (IP changed, so same address, different node). EasyBTC also set up a P2Pool node which seems to be even better, but I'm not sure whether he's ready for the public yet at http://easyclient.dnsd.me:22646 .

p2p.0x0a.nl for all your Cryptographic Anomaly, Cypherfunks, FryCoin, GameCredits, Gulden, PenguinCoin, and TittieCoin p2pool nodes! Err.. I mean needs! .. Both.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EasyBTC

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 05:32:57 PM

Still not having much luck solomining. I've got a spare antminer that I've been trying to solomine goat with, however I just can't get it running. It just refuses to connect.

To troubleshoot solomining, I always like to use netstat to see whether the coin client is listening to the correct ports, and something like netcat to verify that it is not blocked by a firewall or such. Also, verifying the rpcuser & rpcpassword can't hurt. (Which OS are you on?)

If that doesn't solve it though - did you try my other P2Pool node yet Smiley? I set it up shortly after the first one seemed to be dying. They're actually both working reasonably well now, though the second has a better valid shares rate. It's 'still' at http://goatcoin.p2p.0x0a.nl:22646 (IP changed, so same address, different node). EasyBTC also set up a P2Pool node which seems to be even better, but I'm not sure whether he's ready for the public yet at http://easyclient.dnsd.me:22646 .

Yes i set it up ready. Somehow my 25 AntminerU1 make more GOAT's then 400GH/s Avalon on P2Pool.

Will try it in few minutes with 1TH/s on my P2Pool

Regards
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:35:18 PM

I am solo mining atm direct to wallet and over p2pool both working.

You can try to connect here http//easyclient.dnsd.me:22646 is free of charge atm.

On wallet i use this config with 25 AntminerU1 :

server=1
daemon=1
listen=1
rpcuser=any
rpcpassword=any
rpcallowip=192.168.*.*
rpcport=12646
port=57421
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
maxconnections=120
addnode=69.90.132.127
addnode=75.183.191.233

Regards

Thanks, my config was slightly different, but it still should have worked. I think my biggest hangup is I'm not sure how to work it since the Antminer has a built in version of CGMiner, and since they are networked through my router, rather than connected to USB Hubs connected to my computer, I'm not entirely sure how to get that working in terms of which IP do I use.

I do use your pool, but I get something like 25% accepted shares. so I'm trying to switch over to solomining.

EasyBTC

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 05:39:55 PM

I am solo mining atm direct to wallet and over p2pool both working.

You can try to connect here http//easyclient.dnsd.me:22646 is free of charge atm.

On wallet i use this config with 25 AntminerU1 :

server=1
daemon=1
listen=1
rpcuser=any
rpcpassword=any
rpcallowip=192.168.*.*
rpcport=12646
port=57421
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
maxconnections=120
addnode=69.90.132.127
addnode=75.183.191.233

Regards

Thanks, my config was slightly different, but it still should have worked. I think my biggest hangup is I'm not sure how to work it since the Antminer has a built in version of CGMiner, and since they are networked through my router, rather than connected to USB Hubs connected to my computer, I'm not entirely sure how to get that working in terms of which IP do I use.

I do use your pool, but I get something like 25% accepted shares. so I'm trying to switch over to solomining.

Use your local ip where the wallet is on running. eg wallet is on computer with ip 192.168.0.111 then put in your Antminer 192.168.0.111:12646 with your user and pass which you set in the goatcoin.conf.

Regards
0btc

0x0a.nl operator

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 05:43:10 PM

Oh, wow.. That's atrocious Sad sorry to hear that. Would you mind checking whether goatcoin.p2p.0x0a.nl resolves to 149.210.168.71 at your end?

p2p.0x0a.nl for all your Cryptographic Anomaly, Cypherfunks, FryCoin, GameCredits, Gulden, PenguinCoin, and TittieCoin p2pool nodes! Err.. I mean needs! .. Both.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:47:14 PM

with 192.168.1.2 being the computer I'm running my wallet off of in server mode.

I'm still not having any luck.

Oh, wow.. That's atrocious Sad sorry to hear that. Would you mind checking whether goatcoin.p2p.0x0a.nl resolves to 149.210.168.71 at your end?

And yes it does, last time I didn't use the new node, I broke your server  Sad

The stats are a bit off since I have been trying to solo mine with it, but this is pretty similar to the share count I'm getting with your pool

curado71

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 05:48:46 PM

Is the offer on following on twitter still on? I was the first to reply but never got my reward. Here it goes again:

Following on twitter: @rui_curado_71

GTaKmjrxgMtKPidcFTENmvi1g6hPkqiCEx

Thanks!
0btc

0x0a.nl operator

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 05:50:59 PM

Yes i set it up ready. Somehow my 25 AntminerU1 make more GOAT's then 400GH/s Avalon on P2Pool.

Regards

Thanks for making the P2Pool network stronger Smiley I've been thinking that perhaps some of the P2Pool share variables could still be optimized, notably SHARE_PERIOD and TARGET_LOOKBEHIND, which I must admit I do not fully understand. Even a couple of gigahashes will not produce a steady stream of shares, it seems Embarrassed

EasyBTC

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 05:54:46 PM

http://puu.sh/6xHHB.png

with 192.168.1.2 being the computer I'm running my wallet off of in server mode.

The stats are a bit off since I have been trying to solo mine with it, but this is pretty similar to the share count I'm getting with your pool

http://puu.sh/6xHVZ.png

Try to use higher ip for your local wallet computer. Some router block the low ip range 1 to 10, try to use 192.168.1.22 or so and forward the port 12646 in your router to your wallet ip.

Regards
I_M

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:56:19 PM

You have rpcallowip listed twice in your conf.  delete the 127.0.0.1 line -- and allow: 192.168.1.*  That should let anything on your network mine, even the local machine.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:59:41 PM

Try to use higher ip for your local wallet computer. Some router block the low ip range 1 to 10, try to use 192.168.1.22 or so and forward the port 12646 in your router to your wallet ip.

Regards

That shouldn't be a problem I've done this all before with quite a few coins, I'm just not having luck with this one. All of my devices are in the low IP Range, my Antminer's IP is 192.168.1.6, all of my other devices are 1.168.1.2-5. My guess is that there is some discontinuity between what I need to be using in the antminer's software which I think is a modified CGMiner, and what I'm actually using.

You have rpcallowip listed twice in your conf.  delete the 127.0.0.1 line -- and allow: 192.168.1.*  That should let anything on your network mine, even the local machine.

Lets give it a shot, thanks. If I get everything working, I'll make sure to compile a guide on how to solo mine Goat with Antminers.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:02:52 PM

I think we have it!

Ill have to wait until I hit a block to confirm, but I'll let you know asap.
EasyBTC

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 06:04:04 PM

You have rpcallowip listed twice in your conf.  delete the 127.0.0.1 line -- and allow: 192.168.1.*  That should let anything on your network mine, even the local machine.

You can put so many rpcallowip in the config like you wish. 127.0.0.1 only says that the rpc can connect aswell from localhost.

Mining Direct to the Wallet with Antminer 180GH/s will not work as the wallet can not send the work fast enough to the miner.

Regards

@SaltySpiton
Saw to late in your Picture that you put rpcallowip=192.168.1.2 which means only exact this ip can connect to your wallet.

Thats why i put in the config rpcallowip=192.168.*.* what means all devices in your local network can connect to your Wallet
0btc

0x0a.nl operator

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 06:09:40 PM

Ouch, that's not a pretty picture.. Thanks for checking the IP. Now I'm wondering whether other people are experiencing the same issues with accepted shares rate; the average rate of dead shares on the new node is 10%, which is high but doesn't begin to explain 75% rejected.. I suppose you're familiar enough with P2Pool mining that the tips described on https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/P2Pool#Miners won't be of any help :/? I'll dig around in the logs in case I missed something. Could you tell me which address you're using?

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:10:52 PM

You have rpcallowip listed twice in your conf.  delete the 127.0.0.1 line -- and allow: 192.168.1.*  That should let anything on your network mine, even the local machine.

You can put so many rpcallowip in the config like you wish. 127.0.0.1 only says that the rpc can connect aswell from localhost.

Mining Direct to the Wallet with Antminer 180GH/s will not work as the wallet can not send the work fast enough to the miner.

Regards

@SaltySpiton
Saw to late in your Picture that you put rpcallowip=192.168.1.2 which means only exact this ip can connect to your wallet.

Yep, that seemed to be the problem, 192.168.1.* was indeed the trick. I'm getting mining stats out of my Antminer now, however I guess I wont be completely sure its working for me until I hit a block.

Ouch, that's not a pretty picture.. Thanks for checking the IP. Now I'm wondering whether other people are experiencing the same issues with accepted shares rate; the average rate of dead shares on the new node is 10%, which is high but doesn't begin to explain 75% rejected.. I suppose you're familiar enough with P2Pool mining that the tips described on https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/P2Pool#Miners won't be of any help :/? I'll dig around in the logs in case I missed something. Could you tell me which address you're using?

I'm using Gf8ECtajSbeQfwweVDQrPvU4aRv4XcfYZq

*edit* I remember noticing that my getworks were incredibly low.
0btc

0x0a.nl operator

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 06:21:20 PM

I'm using Gf8ECtajSbeQfwweVDQrPvU4aRv4XcfYZq

Hmm, that address only shows up in the logs of the old node (1194 accepted shares, 302 DOA, 525 blocks found)! Do you perchance have some form of DNS caching in your network, or on the antminer? I have this feeling that you'd rather stick with solomining now, but if you happen to get bored waiting for a block to show up Tongue  - you can always use the new node's IP 149.210.168.71:22646 .

EasyBTC

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 06:22:51 PM

Regards

Thanks for making the P2Pool network stronger Smiley I've been thinking that perhaps some of the P2Pool share variables could still be optimized, notably SHARE_PERIOD and TARGET_LOOKBEHIND, which I must admit I do not fully understand. Even a couple of gigahashes will not produce a steady stream of shares, it seems Embarrassed

Checkout here http://easyclient.dnsd.me:22646/static/

I pointed 1 TH/s there but can not get any block untill 25 min which is amazing for a difficulty from 25k

Regards
FiatKiller

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:25:26 PM

I got almost 60 Goats now. Not sure how I will feed them all...

LTC: LdxgJQLUdr8hZ79BV5AYbxkBUdaXctXAPi
MoonCoin Gambling: https://coin-horse.com/MON/
0btc

0x0a.nl operator

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 06:29:04 PM

I pointed 1 TH/s there but can not get any block untill 25 min which is amazing for a difficulty from 25k

Regards

Hmm.. Though you are connected to my nodes, there seem to be discrepancies. Most of all, the payout tabs are differing!

Your node:
GZN3atXvdzzd2na42ueczipVMEn4GA38Ee   0.57086159
GbjNDhWc6pcnZKQUnjJ5jJUPfhpNy7NNT4   0.01943084
GaB5jbEowLqNtTJ9DKTbLK2GfC6KgAPmpE   0.00970755
GcpzphoLCjw9oYk8S2YNBYTQUrvBmXLBRS   2e-8

My nodes:
GZN3atXvdzzd2na42ueczipVMEn4GA38Ee   0.55806232
GbjNDhWc6pcnZKQUnjJ5jJUPfhpNy7NNT4   0.01440105
Gf8ECtajSbeQfwweVDQrPvU4aRv4XcfYZq   0.01355024
GaB5jbEowLqNtTJ9DKTbLK2GfC6KgAPmpE   0.00719469
GcprsUXyHEuvCwcZrb8XSzceK2CnKLqsqF   0.00679167
GcpzphoLCjw9oYk8S2YNBYTQUrvBmXLBRS   3e-8

Those lists should be identical! The only thing I can think of is that you used different code base (rav3n instead of forrestv).. :/

EDIT: And now your node shows the same list.. I think we have to choose one code base to make sure we're not running into unnecessary difficulties. Did you choose rav3n's for a specific reason (I've noticed a lot less dead shares but perhaps you're just using a monstrous server?) ?

EasyBTC

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 06:35:07 PM

Regards

Hmm.. Though you are connected to my nodes, there seem to be discrepancies. Most of all, the payout tabs are differing!

Your node:
GZN3atXvdzzd2na42ueczipVMEn4GA38Ee   0.57086159
GbjNDhWc6pcnZKQUnjJ5jJUPfhpNy7NNT4   0.01943084
GaB5jbEowLqNtTJ9DKTbLK2GfC6KgAPmpE   0.00970755
GcpzphoLCjw9oYk8S2YNBYTQUrvBmXLBRS   2e-8

My nodes:
GZN3atXvdzzd2na42ueczipVMEn4GA38Ee   0.55806232
GbjNDhWc6pcnZKQUnjJ5jJUPfhpNy7NNT4   0.01440105
Gf8ECtajSbeQfwweVDQrPvU4aRv4XcfYZq   0.01355024
GaB5jbEowLqNtTJ9DKTbLK2GfC6KgAPmpE   0.00719469
GcprsUXyHEuvCwcZrb8XSzceK2CnKLqsqF   0.00679167
GcpzphoLCjw9oYk8S2YNBYTQUrvBmXLBRS   3e-8

Those lists should be identical! The only thing I can think of is that you used different code base (rav3n instead of forrestv).. :/

Yes i use Rav3n code, now the Blocks comming every Minute.

If it is better i can switch to Forrestv.

I use my old Thinkpad W520 and i use Rav3n bcs runs best for me.

Regards

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: