Bitcoin Forum
July 25, 2024, 02:15:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: To the moon for real  (Read 2243 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 02:15:08 AM

Still trying to figure out what would be worth sending. A public address? But, then it could still be used by who ever has the private key. Maybe PSU needs to get a wallet and create their own address, so they can receive donations and have a physical representation of it (their cold storage?) located on the moon?

Otherwise, is OP going to send the information for a cold storage wallet containing 1 bitcoin in order to say there is a bitcoin on the moon?

Sorry... confused, but not drunk.  Maybe I need a six pack to understand better?

Read my post above yours. They start accepting bitcoins via their website, Bitcoin 100 sends them $1,000 USD via BTC. So simple a (see image below) can do it.

empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:48:58 AM

Still trying to figure out what would be worth sending. A public address? But, then it could still be used by who ever has the private key. Maybe PSU needs to get a wallet and create their own address, so they can receive donations and have a physical representation of it (their cold storage?) located on the moon?

Otherwise, is OP going to send the information for a cold storage wallet containing 1 bitcoin in order to say there is a bitcoin on the moon?

Sorry... confused, but not drunk.  Maybe I need a six pack to understand better?

lol. I might try out your thesis later on when its night-time here ........ otherwise, yeah, pretty confused. Not even sure why we physically need a bitcoin on the moon. It's just a saying. I don't think anyone took it literally ..... I think I need to get that vodka ready and "open my mind"
Enkel

Activity: 122
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 03:35:29 AM

lol. I might try out your thesis later on when its night-time here ........ otherwise, yeah, pretty confused. Not even sure why we physically need a bitcoin on the moon. It's just a saying. I don't think anyone took it literally ..... I think I need to get that vodka ready and "open my mind"

Well, you know... "it's just a saying" is the first step to fiat currency, right? And, then before you know it, someone will propose fuzzy logic to replace that huge block chain and then we'll be hearing about BTC derivatives markets.... we as a community should be fighting back against these fiat tyrants who would destroy the very essence of BTC!

I think I need to go get another beer now. Arm chair angst makes me thirsty.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 03:51:02 AM

Well, you know... "it's just a saying" is the first step to fiat currency, right? And, then before you know it, someone will propose fuzzy logic to replace that huge block chain and then we'll be hearing about BTC derivatives markets.... we as a community should be fighting back against these fiat tyrants who would destroy the very essence of BTC!

I think I need to go get another beer now. Arm chair angst makes me thirsty.

We're obviously in way different time zones. I'm on my first coffee of the day still !
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: