Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 03:02:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does this ever happen to you?  (Read 577 times)
sibilant_doge (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 10:40:38 PM

I have changed the coin I am mining 4 times today across two laptops and an iMac..  feeling a bit schizo and a bit ADHD..  anyone else have problems with the "oohh shiny" effect?
akaCash

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

I learn fast :)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 10:52:16 PM

Lol, you are not alone my friend. I'll switch coins no less than once, and sometimes twice, and that's me showing restraint. I would switch them every hour if I didn't stop and think about it first. Sometimes I'll see a certain coin's value jump, or the difficulty drop significantly, and I'm like "shit I better get back on this". Usually I can keep it to only one other coin than the one I'm mining heavily at the moment. Yesterday and today it's be Klondikecoin. I don't know why, and I certainly don't have a stake other than my own little bit of mining time, but something about that coin intrigues me. Could just be the usual hype around a new coin and it'll fade off, but for w/e reason I just had a feeling that the developers would stick around, and so far they have. Anyway though, I don't want to seem like I'm trying to push it on anyone so to get back to your original question, I'd imagine that there's hundreds if not thousand of people that feel that exact same feeling. The ability to control it and stick with your gut and what you think will do best long term is the key.

Any donations greatly appeciated!
BTC = 12aSS1d7Sy6MQDmxSZ59kK5uhVL8UjuKdR
LTC = LLoxWcXWwnnJ5Mo6xQpFuZcodLyyBxoorf
sibilant_doge (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:08:36 PM

well, I made .33 btc in a month with 106kh/s so I'm not doing too bad, but I always drop a coin right before it takes off big, or mine a coin that drops off the face of the earth. And now, I'm nearly spastic since tiger direct is taking BTC now!! I can afford about a quarter of my computer build off BTC alone!! need more tho, always need more.
akaCash

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

I learn fast :)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:19:36 PM

Yeah I got an email from them the other day that said they were taking BTC. The best email was the previous one though. If I had the extra cash, and space, which is actually a bigger problem at the moment, I would have jumped on it in a second. They were offering a Sapphire 3GBDDR5 Ram HD 7950 with a 650 Watt PSU for only $325. It was a pretty excellent deal if you research prices and the rates you get in return. You're doing pretty good though if you've been able to acquire that much BTC from only 100 Kh/s. Good luck with your build when you get to it.

Any donations greatly appeciated!
BTC = 12aSS1d7Sy6MQDmxSZ59kK5uhVL8UjuKdR
LTC = LLoxWcXWwnnJ5Mo6xQpFuZcodLyyBxoorf
sibilant_doge (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:47:06 PM

Yeah I got an email from them the other day that said they were taking BTC. The best email was the previous one though. If I had the extra cash, and space, which is actually a bigger problem at the moment, I would have jumped on it in a second. They were offering a Sapphire 3GBDDR5 Ram HD 7950 with a 650 Watt PSU for only $325. It was a pretty excellent deal if you research prices and the rates you get in return. You're doing pretty good though if you've been able to acquire that much BTC from only 100 Kh/s. Good luck with your build when you get to it.
Ermergerd, I so would have had to buy that. To limit my upgrade compulsion, I pre-ordered the corsair 250d  so I would be limited to mini-itx and only one super expensive gpu. I keep trying to remind myself that the other shoe will drop, and SOME people will be trying to liquidate 40 290x's at a time.
elixir

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:48:57 PM

yes. ive mined about 3 different coins today. decisions decisions.  Smiley

OPEC oc2E9cQ4StgaMW2a18pKuZGe5h9RZdLL9c

Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko

Ɖ ~ DSNJ49NdZM4KjLHfPSYEGWKRn7wSC4bWqi
brooklynite

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:43:55 AM

well, I made .33 btc in a month with 106kh/s so I'm not doing too bad, but I always drop a coin right before it takes off big, or mine a coin that drops off the face of the earth. And now, I'm nearly spastic since tiger direct is taking BTC now!! I can afford about a quarter of my computer build off BTC alone!! need more tho, always need more.

You are either a genius, very lucky solo miner or a liar. I have aggresively switched pools and mined for the past month (my first month) with kh ranging from 900 the first ten days to 2800 the next 20 days after I got my 7970 cards and I am only at 0.56 BTC after a month. Most of my mining goes to pools who dont pay out as they should (cheat, steal). So I dont know how the F you did it with your hashrate of 106!!
sibilant_doge (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:35:25 AM

You are either a genius, very lucky solo miner or a liar. I have aggresively switched pools and mined for the past month (my first month) with kh ranging from 900 the first ten days to 2800 the next 20 days after I got my 7970 cards and I am only at 0.56 BTC after a month. Most of my mining goes to pools who dont pay out as they should (cheat, steal). So I dont know how the F you did it with your hashrate of 106!!
I am not a liar, I am very lucky, full disclosure, I got in on cat coin the moment the pools turned on and sold my 100 cat for .11 BCT and then I got in on ETOK the same way and got .20 BTC I am pretty sure at least one of those transactions is in my trust rating. I am no genius either tho, I am more spastic than anything ^_^ [edit: My hash power is an iMac with 6970m, a laptop with an A8 and a laptop with and E1. If you can get benches off those you should see that it is pretty close on 106k, on a side note, currently holding 26k USDe and 5Mil TIPS, if you want a tip]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: