Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:26:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should TigerDirect remove Butterfly Labs form their company?
Yes! the company will go down the drain! - 73 (78.5%)
No! BTC will benefit from it! - 20 (21.5%)
Total Voters: 93

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: {BFL} TigerDirect is making a BIG MISTAKE partnering up with Butterfly Labs!  (Read 5811 times)
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:23:12 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 02:48:07 PM by Gator-hex

Re: {BFL} TigerDirect is making a BIG MISTAKE partnering up with Butterfly Labs!

Only if they pay first and take delivery later... six months later! Cheesy

Any big retailer would sue for breach of contract and take the companies assets if they were treated like us little guys.

If there is a rumor Tiger Direct are acquiring BFL maybe that's how it happened?  Tongue

If I remember correctly some French bank/fund was invested in them and had one of their own sat on the board?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:38:26 PM

Spree shopping was fun... bought some nice things before the crash.  Sorry bitpay..  I'll buy the coins back if you want Wink

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:39:56 PM

Where is the link where we can yell at tiger direct "HEY!, HERE ARE HUNDREDS OF REASONS NOT TO DO BUSINESS WITH THOSE CON MEN!"

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:43:19 PM

Where is the link where we can yell at tiger direct "HEY!, HERE ARE HUNDREDS OF REASONS NOT TO DO BUSINESS WITH THOSE CON MEN!"

here is the tigerdirect bfl soon link again

http://www.tigerdirect.com/bitcoin/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+hacker-news-feed-50+%28Hacker+News+50%29

i put a long comment in their customer/feedback page about BFL and they should do a google search and run away

likely to be deleted out of hand but made me feel better

(like telling someone not to dance in the freeway when drunk)

whatever enough crazy people do the same maybe someone with power will google BFL and "gasp in dismay!"

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Threader

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 03:04:41 PM

Combining BFL product with a Tigerdirect  is akin to playing russian roulette except 5 of the six bullet chambers have bullets. Slim chance you get the empty chamber on first pull of the trigger  Cheesy
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 03:34:04 PM

TigerDirect is big enough they might get better service.  Will be interesting if BFL sells through them.  If we see monarch.... we know big mistake.  If we see only instock all depends on price.

TG sells in-stock products.  BFL sells (now) in-stock products.  

I think the plan is to mass produce Monarchs that is why BFL has partnered with them.

If I were BFL, I would go after newegg and amazon.com

I bet BFL wants to flood the market with Monarchs and become an AMD of bitcoin mining.  TG, newegg, overstock and amazon would help them get there.
Maybe their plan is to get AMD interested. You know, to be bought  by AMD would be a perfect exit strategy for BFL.

BTW: Monarch (butterfly) as a product name? Pure genius.

maxman190

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:58:50 PM

TigerDirect is big enough they might get better service.  Will be interesting if BFL sells through them.  If we see monarch.... we know big mistake.  If we see only instock all depends on price.

I think the plan is to mass produce Monarchs that is why BFL has partnered with them.

I bet BFL wants to flood the market with Monarchs and become an AMD of bitcoin mining.  TG, newegg, overstock and amazon would help them get there.
Maybe their plan is to get AMD interested. You know, to be bought  by AMD would be a perfect exit strategy for BFL.

Baha, I think Newegg and Amazon too smart to team with BFL.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:41:32 AM

i bet the only thing they will sell on tigerdirect or elsewhere is the 65mm products from last year that you can't get ROI anymore....it is a NOOB honey trap by bfl

once bfl gets tigerdirect on board then they can talk amazon and newegg into it.....of course imho 5 months from now they all dump bfl for rma issues etc but hey

get what you can get in bfl's view

BFL "first to shout...last to ship" (bugle horn  here)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
LittleD (OP)

Activity: 560

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:28:48 PM

Should TigerDirect remove Butterfly Labs form their company?

Yes! the company will go down the drain! - 49 (81.7%)
No! BTC will benefit from it! - 11 (18.3%)

TigerDirect your making a BIG MISTAKE !

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:32:16 PM

TigerDirect and BFL may be a match made in heaven. The few times I've shopped at TigerDirect they have fucked my order up big time. Their return policy sucks ass and they don't stand behind their products. I refuse to shop there anymore. BFL will fit right in!

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:23:22 AM

Guy's what do you think Sad is it good for BTC or will it bring TigerDirect down to the ground!

TigerDirect.com is going to sponsor BFL soon... http://www.tigerdirect.com/bitcoin/indexus.asp?cm_re=Homepage-_-Spot%2001a-_-CatId_campaign_bitcoinTakeover, click Mining tab and scroll down an inch.

I don't think 'sponsor' is the correct term. They are resellers of BFL products. If BFL can't deliver to TigerDirect than the store will only show 'out of stock' ... big deal.

My guess tigerdirect gets their devices slightly less delayed than normal bfl customers. Either way the only outcome will be many people ripped off (tiger direct and its customers) and a shitload of return/refunds.

Ripped off? How? TigerDirect will make an order for BFL products. When they arrive it gets put into the store. If they don't ever arrive, they never make it to the store to sell in the first place. And if there are returns from customers, TigerDirect will just return the item to BFL.

Do you honestly think TigerDirect takes the hit for all the products returned? really?

One does not simply return an item to BFL.

no, YOU don't simply return an item to BFL.

Ok so you are telling me tigerdirect is going to order a bunch of monarchs and should they not be able to sell them, get a refund? BFL's business model does not allow for this. Tigerdirect will end up with a bunch of useless paperweights like everyone else while supporting a company that has scammed like half the bitcoin community.

Except Tiger Directs Lawyers will rip BFL a new asshole and BFL will be begging for them to stop LOL!!!

the products imho will ship in 1 month and only be the 65mm products that won't make ROI by that point also imho tigerdirect will sell them via bitcoin in a special area ie no refunds on miner equipment..ie tiger direct will only sell stuff ON HAND....which for the next few months will only be 65mm asic stuff from last year from BFL ....if tiger direct takes paypal it will be even more of an ON HAND situation..but again I bet it will be BTC only for BFL stuff...so tiger direct can stay out of all the lack of shipping or refund hassles

if that is incorrect yeah tigerdirect will eat BFL for lunch...but right now i'll bet that is the above arrangement

that is my best guess (but what do i know i bought from bfl last april and have squat)

Searing

joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:37:30 AM

NO!!

Tigerdirect in bed with BFL is going to be a great show!!!   (getting popcorn!)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 04:11:24 AM

So much butt-hurt in this thread, not that I'm adding to it. It's just that I need to empty my clipboard.

ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:09:25 AM

Tiger direct is not going to put a single item on a shelf. They are simply going to take a cut of the sale, for taking an order and forwarding it to BFL. This will be an online-only sale, like what amazon does. Amazon does not stock everything you see on the website in a warehouse. Many listings, most, are just forwarded sales.

For BFL, this is the only chance they have to "step up and deliver". Tiger direct doesn't care. They will just stop payment and remove the item from the online store. The big kick in the teeth for BFL will be people saying (30 days later), "This item didn't work, I want a refund"... Just because the miner became a money-sucker device as difficulty rose and is no longer a good coin-producer. And BFL will have to honor the return/refund... every return/refund...

Why would Tiger Direct do this... Simply because of this...

"Users who purchased this, also purchased this..."
- USB cables
- Power Supply
- WiFi Router
- Network cables

and...
"Users who looked at this, purchased this instead..."
- Bitmine miner
- USB miner
- Erupter block miner
- KNC Neptue

Will this be good for BFL... Sure, if they handle it correctly.
Will this be good for Bitcoin... Depends... As a miner, no... it places more miners in others hands, faster. As a value holder, yes... Miners will have to demand more and price will rise. As a user, no... value will rise, making it harder to purchase than before, later-on. (But it is doing that anyways... now it will do it faster.)
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:45:00 PM

For BFL, this is the only chance they have to "step up and deliver". Tiger direct doesn't care. They will just stop payment and remove the item from the online store. The big kick in the teeth for BFL will be people saying (30 days later), "This item didn't work, I want a refund"... Just because the miner became a money-sucker device as difficulty rose and is no longer a good coin-producer. And BFL will have to honor the return/refund... every return/refund...

This sound good but im pretty sure they thought about this already and have some sort of strategy against this Huh Don't you thinks Huh

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:39:02 PM

This sound good but im pretty sure they thought about this already and have some sort of strategy against this Huh Don't you thinks Huh

Yes, that is sort-of the sad point...

"... have some strategy against this..."

However, I feel that this will come to kick them in the ass. They are scammers and frauds, still in my eyes, and thinking like scammers and fraudsters. They will soon get a strong taste of "Consumer rights", that comes heavily enforced with large-scale marketing. (Right now they are still back-yard developers, no matter how many items they produce.)

They offer no financial advantage or value to the market-place, and will thus, "do little FOR bitcoin". Again, doing everything for themselves. With that in mind, they will now become the AOL of BTC-Miners. Overpriced, no actual value, no actual service, and no actual reward... but it will get a lot of people online, looking for a way to cancel service they are unsatisfied with. (Like how AOL hid links and numbers for actually canceling service, including blocking links to websites that provided instructions for canceling service. Then offering some useless free token for sticking around for another month. Oh, I get a free $200 Jalipino if I don't return my $8,000 miner! Ok, gimme that energy sucker that no-one wants to pay for off your dusty shelves!) People used AOL for years, and never even realized that they had never actually been "online"... They were stuck in AOL's ad-version of the internet, which was just on AOL's computers, not on the actual internet itself. They paid $30 a month for going to paid-advertisers internal sites, paying more for items than those who actually found the items on the real internet. It was a great scam, while it lasted.
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:21:02 PM

TigerDirect sells shit hardware anyway, who cares?

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
maxman190

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:33:09 PM

TigerDirect sells shit hardware anyway, who cares?
....shit hardware...? TigerDirect isn't the manufacturer...
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:08:53 AM

anyone get the TD daily emails?

noticed some poop on it near the bottom of today's..

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:14:00 AM

anyone get the TD daily emails?

noticed some poop on it near the bottom of today's..

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: