Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:37:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google looks into accepting Bitcoin...  (Read 4079 times)
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:15:02 AM

“We are working in the payments team to figure out how to incorporate bitcoin into our plans" - that was exactly, word for word what Google Senior VP of Ads and Commerce Sridhar Ramaswamy said to me. Since then Forbes, Coindesk, Vice, The Daily Dot, etc etc have all authenticated and verified the emails in various ways. Read what you will into that.

Yeah, Electric Mucus is a fucking moron.  Grin Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 09:29:33 AM

com part mental ized
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 09:32:50 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2014, 09:42:58 AM by ElectricMucus

Updated: Google has since issued a statement that it isn’t looking to incorporate Bitcoin — but as far as we can tell, the email conversation isn’t being contested.

(which is exactly which the statement does contest, since the email conversion has the subject of incorporating bitcoin. roxtar just quoted it)
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:43:21 AM

Updated: Google has since issued a statement that it isn’t looking to incorporate Bitcoin — but as far as we can tell, the email conversation isn’t being contested.

(which is exactly which the statement does contest, since it is the subject of incorporating bitcoin. roxtar just quoted it)

and again you are a fucking moron  Grin Cheesy  Individual who runs department says they are looking into it and wants feedback from bitcoin community and Google PR department says they are not incorporating bitcoin. This is what PR departments are made to do, under promise at all costs.

So maybe if Electric Mucus could compartmentalize - which he obviously can't - then he'd understand the basic communication strategies of a multi-billion dollar corporation and how their compartments work together and separately at times and why.

Instead, he is just a fucking idiot.  Wink Grin Cheesy

T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:43:28 AM

(which is exactly which the statement does contest, since it is the subject of incorporating bitcoin. roxtar just quoted it)

Of course they're thinking about it. And of course it would be too early on the part of Google for any statement regarding potentially adopting Bitcoin.

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 09:49:21 AM

They basically said exactly that they aren't doing the thing in the "email conversation". They can't really get more direct than that.

Uh and remember this?
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:55:15 AM

They basically said exactly that they aren't doing the thing in the "email conversation". They can't really get more direct than that.

Uh and remember this?

Nice. You just exposed yourself as someone who believes the email is fake. Tin foil hat. You just make yourself look sillier and sillier  Grin Cheesy  At this point you would have more of an impact on forum reader opinions if you started stating the opposite of what you want people to believe. At this point, people just use you as a negative indicator of anything you write.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 10:01:02 AM

I'm just writing what most people think who aren't bothering to post here at a sunday noon.  Cheesy
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:02:37 AM

I'm just writing what most people think who aren't bothering to post here at a sunday noon.  Cheesy

And while we write Bitcoin takes off again!

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:08:03 AM

All I will say for anyone who reads your posts and thinks for a moment any of them have an ounce of truth in them, to take 15 minutes and read through your history of posts dating back to mid 2011. Then when they are overcome by your historical abilities to be wrong about a wide array of topics they can marvel at the fact that you aren't a retired multi-millioniare today, given the fact that you were mining in the early days and have been here since almost the beginning.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 10:10:22 AM

Now you're making up stuff again, just like you're saying I did say something about overstock before they became a bitpay partner, I didn't even know about their existence before they announced their partnership.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:10:56 AM

All I will say for anyone who reads your posts and thinks for a moment any of them have an ounce of truth in them, to take 15 minutes and read through your history of posts dating back to mid 2011. Then when they are overcome by your historical abilities to be wrong about a wide array of topics they can marvel at the fact that you aren't a retired multi-millioniare today, given the fact that you were mining in the early days and have been here since almost the beginning.

bingo! ... we have a winner.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 10:13:12 AM

I dare you to dig through my posts where I make any prediction about the price of bitcoins. It shouldn't take longer than an hour come on do it. Wink
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:15:59 AM

I dare you to dig through my posts where I make any prediction about the price of bitcoins. It shouldn't take longer than an hour come on do it. Wink

you've been wrong about most things since I first noticed you ... and i stopped reading you soon after, circa mid 2011 ...

ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 10:18:37 AM

you've been wrong about most things since I first noticed you ... and i stopped reading you soon after, circa mid 2011 ...

If that gives you a feeling of accomplishment that's quite poor.
roxtar

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 06:27:11 PM

It's not fake guys. For Gods sakes.. that's a really silly accusation. I even challenged TheNextWeb.com, which took it upon itself to say the emails "were too good to be true".. insinuating they are bullshit. I challenged that if they can get Google to deny Sridhar said those words to me in an email I would give TheNextWeb 10 btc and the "journalist" who wrote that 10 BTC, and use Seans Outpost founder Jason as a trusted escrow party. They haven't responded to my challenge.

The emails are not fake, and Sridhar said what he said. Same with Vic and Ariel Bardin.

What you can take away from Sridhars words are a matter of personal choice, but he said what he said.

Google can say "we have no current plans regarding bitcoin", just like I have no current plans to use the bathroom to relieve myself.. but I'm sure I will inevitably have to at some point during the day.

Forbes, Vice, Business Insider, The Daily Dot, Coindesk etc etc all authenticated the email exchanges and even more I had with Ariel that I did not publicly post.

Take away what you want to take away. Believe or not. Tinfoil hat or reality. Your choice.

Laters!
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 06:44:39 PM

Blah, blah, blah it's always the same with this kind of stuff. You got busted, and if google hadn't used the same exact terminology to deny it there would be a margin for interpretation.
But now there is not.

This is what the rest of the world thinks, and of course there is broad support in this forum for this kind of hoax, but they'd cheer for everything as previously mentioned.
roxtar

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 07:44:30 PM

Blah, blah, blah it's always the same with this kind of stuff. You got busted, and if google hadn't used the same exact terminology to deny it there would be a margin for interpretation.
But now there is not.

This is what the rest of the world thinks, and of course there is broad support in this forum for this kind of hoax, but they'd cheer for everything as previously mentioned.

Excuse me.. busted? Busted doing what exactly? I think vindicated is a more appropriate word. Are you suggesting the emails were fake and Sridhar didn't say what I attribute?
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 08:32:13 PM

But now there is not.

Excuse me.. busted? Busted doing what exactly? I think vindicated is a more appropriate word. Are you suggesting the emails were fake and Sridhar didn't say what I attribute?
take a hint.

Taking credit for something like that in form of a new bitcointalk forum account and posting here, on the speculation forum can also have to do with it, maybe.  Grin
roxtar

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 08:41:45 PM

Not new, registered almost a year ago. I just lurk. There's some really intelligent discussion on these forums.. but also some serious trollage.

Regardless, maybe Forbes and Wired and Vice and all of them are foolish enough to fall for my evil genius hoax(?!).. and you in your infinite wisdom are smarter.  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: