Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 07:00:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm done with altcoins  (Read 413 times)
Bittalk12

Activity: 434
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:45:25 PM

By the end of the day, those altcoins we invested in will be converted to either BTC or ETH. Thanks to those altcoins, they are created as a substitute to BTC to multiply our investment effectively. If BTC is only the cryptocurrency as of today, i am pretty sure that its blockchain will overload and cryptocurrency will not survive.
Pa1n

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:48:16 PM

I understand your feelings man.I agree with you some points.But , totally you cant say that altcoins aren't good for people.If you know the using altcoin , no problem.

Jimmymoriarty

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:50:31 PM

You seem very stressed about this. I would advice you to calm down a little first as it is not a good thing to worry too much about issues like these. Regarding the situation, I would say that money is something that would upgrade your standard of living. As much as you'd like to not hear it,that's what we're all here to do. Earn money. But yes I agree that people who scam us are too greedy and have no humanity or goodness in them.
HadadC

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:54:43 PM

Calm down.Sometimes , this can happen.Just relax and be patient.Altcoins can seems variable status.If you are not happy , just done.But , if you want to keep going.Its just a experience.

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
Lyne01

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 04:02:23 PM

What's the point of altcoins? Doesn't decentralization mean that everyone can join and work on the project regardless of anything? So why aren't some of the greatest minds, like Vitalik or Charles working on improving bitcoin? Why do we f!@#$ng have 1600 crypto currencies in the space? I only see ads with "hello we built this awesome currency that does this and does that" for what? We already have bitcoin! I know it's old and rusty, but that's why you develop, and that's why you rework.

I'm a developer myself. I have re-built my game from ground up three times now. Just because I wrote it badly, doesn't mean I have to release it and not put anything new because I'd completely break it. I'm sure there are workarounds, even if we have to fork the coin, and start from scratch.

But instead, we have groups of people who fork coins and state that they are doing something awesome, while they aren't. And we ended up with 169 different bitcoins, and 1400 other (bit)coins as well, which is really hurting my feelings.

And now we even have companies like bitmain, who, in my honest opinion have completely destroyed the whole concept of decentralization.

My take on all this fuss is that, crypto is in a really bad position. Don't get me wrong. The technology IS revolutionary. It's just that humanity is just not ready yet for such a thing, as greed and selfishness are still ruling our realms.

And by the looks of it, I don't think humanity will ever be ready for this.

It's all about the fucking money. And if someone tells me otherwise, I'm sorry but I'd really slap him.

Thanks for reading!

This depends on how you see altcoins and how you use them. Humanity may not be really ready with the innovations in cryptocurrency but its already adopted and used by many which means cryto has already been embraced by many.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  Twitter ✰ Telegram ✰ Whitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets  END OCT12th,2018
██████████████████  Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token ██████████████████
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 04:04:46 PM

It's called competition and money as well, they want to create their own legacy by creating some altcoins with their names as the developers behind it but to simplify it the Op provided the question as well as the main answer to that particular question so it is just normal to have some similar products but different manufacturers and recipe's, but this must direct to those scammers.

Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:51:46 AM

I do not know where you are coming from, yet understand why are you just so disappointed with altcoind. I can sense that you have a bad experienced from them so you can say all of this things. If you can just open your mind, there are still ICOs, altcoins that are being successful. I think you misunderstood the decentralized factor of an altcoin. It's disgusting in a sense that you may not understand what's the sense of having an altcoin eveb if bitcoin already exist.
veraro

Activity: 966
Merit: 100

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:04:04 AM

May be you are right  humanity will not ever be ready for crypto. But does it mean we should stop all projects about crypto and take only bitcoin. I don't think so. There are a lot of garbage and scam in the market now but probably exists good projects which just need more time for development. Garbage will disappear with time but something valuable will stay.

Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:58:16 PM

Look even if some of the altcoins are not decentralized like bitcoin, that does not mean that they are not just good. Altcoins have done us a great service of helping to even out the supply of bitcoins. Without altcoins, there would not be this much money in the market right now. Whether you like it or not, altcoins have made investors a lot of money. Yes a lot of the altcoins are scams, there are still some really good ones regardless.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Hoenya

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:00:52 PM

What's the point of altcoins? Doesn't decentralization mean that everyone can join and work on the project regardless of anything? So why aren't some of the greatest minds, like Vitalik or Charles working on improving bitcoin? Why do we f!@#$ng have 1600 crypto currencies in the space? I only see ads with "hello we built this awesome currency that does this and does that" for what? We already have bitcoin! I know it's old and rusty, but that's why you develop, and that's why you rework.

I'm a developer myself. I have re-built my game from ground up three times now. Just because I wrote it badly, doesn't mean I have to release it and not put anything new because I'd completely break it. I'm sure there are workarounds, even if we have to fork the coin, and start from scratch.

But instead, we have groups of people who fork coins and state that they are doing something awesome, while they aren't. And we ended up with 169 different bitcoins, and 1400 other (bit)coins as well, which is really hurting my feelings.

And now we even have companies like bitmain, who, in my honest opinion have completely destroyed the whole concept of decentralization.

My take on all this fuss is that, crypto is in a really bad position. Don't get me wrong. The technology IS revolutionary. It's just that humanity is just not ready yet for such a thing, as greed and selfishness are still ruling our realms.

It's all about the fucking money. And if someone tells me otherwise, I'm sorry but I'd really slap him.

Thanks for reading!
I do not have enough experience with altcoins, but your thoughts seem to be quote logical and I think I should consider these facts. Thank you!

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
Hoenya

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:01:57 PM

Look even if some of the altcoins are not decentralized like bitcoin, that does not mean that they are not just good. Altcoins have done us a great service of helping to even out the supply of bitcoins. Without altcoins, there would not be this much money in the market right now. Whether you like it or not, altcoins have made investors a lot of money. Yes a lot of the altcoins are scams, there are still some really good ones regardless.
But it is as hard to find non-scam altcoins as to find a proper ICO. I do jot say altcoins are evil, I just understand the author

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
Welckomtome

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:03:30 PM

Thanks for reading!
I think I understand your position and I partly agree with you, bit not altcoins are so bad. Anyway, ofbyou do not like it - do not deal with it
tycsols

Activity: 812

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:03:37 PM

Alts have recently become more like private companies like we used to see new companies getting listed on stock exchanges, where people can buy and sell their shares, similarly new alts or tokens are backed by a company or a business and the value of their coin/token is based on the development and the profits generated by their business, personally i think tokenization of companies/projects will increase in coming years.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Welckomtome

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:04:30 PM

But it is as hard to find non-scam altcoins as to find a proper ICO. I do jot say altcoins are evil, I just understand the author
Well, I agree with you and I think that if you feel altcoins are not your cup of tea - it is ok, just do not deal with them and feel good
Conasse

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

Culotte Jaune Officielle

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:04:57 PM

Thanks for reading!
Quite agree with you this. But there are still some good altcoins with really something news (and I don't include ICOs here) Look at Zencash for example; I believe they are doin an awesome job for decentralization and censorship resistent

Bouffe ma chatte, pas la planète!
Encelad

Activity: 294
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:08:27 PM

In my opinion, altcoins are really necessary. First, it must be understood that the same Bitcoin has a limited number of coins. And the entire industry is clearly not enough. Secondly Bitcoin can not have all the positive qualities of all cryptocurrency. Many altcoins are really unique and univiversal, it's a fact.
crypthomonkey

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:17:14 PM

Thanks for reading!
Do not listen to people who are saying that there are good altcoins. If you feel unsure at this sphere - just give it up and feel fine
crypthomonkey

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:19:05 PM

In my opinion, altcoins are really necessary. First, it must be understood that the same Bitcoin has a limited number of coins. And the entire industry is clearly not enough. Secondly Bitcoin can not have all the positive qualities of all cryptocurrency. Many altcoins are really unique and univiversal, it's a fact.
They are really necessary, but it does not mean that every person must deal with them. So ot is alright if somebody give it up
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:20:51 PM

I do agree with most of your point, the space was created to librate us from all these government nfleunce, but as the space get bigger, greed and selfishness changed the whole space, I just think sanity need to enter the space before we can say this is how the space would work
Ricowavy

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:38:26 PM

Well that is your own opinon while other people also see it from a different point of view. Everybody is trying to make a name for theirselves. Satoshi nakomoto made his and I can't imagine vitalik building ethereum under bitcoin like you said, it wouldn't have flourished like this, to each his own, you can't control people's action. So just stick to your lane and choose the crypto you are willing to invest in among the one million cryptos that exists.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: