Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:00:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The world of Bounty Scam, an article all bounty hunters should read!  (Read 215 times)
Diabolikkk (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:38:28 AM

I have just found this article on Steemit and I completely agree with the author: https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@criptomoneta/the-world-of-bounty-scam-qurrex-tokenpay-and-more

Lately the bounty managers and the devs have been doing everything they want thanks to clauses such as "We reserve the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice and you accept and agree to the changes" and the only people who lose money and waste time of course are only the bounty hunters.

Do you agree with the article? Are bounty managers and devs taking too much advantages of their position? Do you think it's correct they have such a big power in order to exploit the bounty hunters?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:55:01 AM

For me, it is their right to do so. Whenever we join a bounty campaign we are bound with the rules in it. Even in kyc process wherein some campaigns requires us. In my own insight, time is precious and that's what we are investing here but see that is the risk for us whenever we join.

I think this article is for those who had campaign with irresponsible manager or ico's who met the soft cap but not hardcap (reducing funds allocation) or a bounty hunter who always complains about calculation process without knowing that it is hard to do so especially with social media campaigns.
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:56:32 AM

Completely agree... I am generally lucky, I didn't participated in any bounties that has gone sideways. But recently, I've been through something seriously upsetting. I joined in a bounty program for the last 2 weeks of it, as usual, planned my weekly schedule and was going on with it. But I didn't get the stake first week, because they changed the starting day of the week. So, I rescheduled for the second week, and guess what? They changed the weekday again, only to ruin my stake the second time...

They have our e-mails, ok, "without prior notice" ok, ok. I can live with that. But a mail like "we changed this shit" wouldn't hurt. This is only to lower the stakes and bounty rewards and it's not right.
LuvdubNation

Activity: 97
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 12:58:04 AM

Sounds like bounty hunters have to do a better job at vetting their ICO choices.

LuvdubCoin.com ★ The Next Evolution in Online Dating ★ Join the airdrop before the cap is reached!
teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:12:32 AM

A bounty campaign just like other campaigns will sure need to have certain regulations or rule before starting the campaign they surely have the rights to change the amount needed for their payments because the value of Cryptocurrency is not stable and it will sure base on the exchange ICO was base in, For some valid reason bounty hunters will need to manage their time if they are joining a campaign and certain ICO will need to raise their funds by starting a Crowd sale well if the management can not handle the expenses needed because it will sure need billions of funds to start your own coin, I had some experience once, That an ICO couldn't  reach its hard cap and in the end had to stop the ICO and then returned the investment they accumulated from investors I really think they are quite honest with their apology because for almost 12 weeks or less we didn't get the payment we deserve and just had to accept the fact that this is a reality for certain bounty hunters their are certain risk involve and you are accepting this by joining a campaign.
Diabolikkk (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:15:32 AM

For me, it is their right to do so. Whenever we join a bounty campaign we are bound with the rules in it.
Sounds like bounty hunters have to do a better job at vetting their ICO choices.
So for you people it's ok to say that a bounty campaign will run for 4 weeks and you'll be paid 100 tokens (just as example), then before it finishes they tell you they're gonna extend it for other 6-8 weeks without any extra reward and if you change the signature you'll be disqualified and then, few days before they give you the reward they tell you they decided to give 50% of what they had previously promised? So you worked the triple of the time for half of the reward? Wow, probably you people work for the glory, not for the money, I really admire you and I really hope you can buy a lot of food with that glory!  Smiley

I think we should try to see this from a different point of view: do they actually decide these kind of stuff at the end of the bounty (make it longer, reduce the rewards etc) or maybe, I say maybe eh, they decide all this before the bounty begins, they write their "we can do whatever we want" clause and here we go! They cheat a lot of people make them believe there is a short and/or rich campaign so they have a lot of people joining them and then they change everything, and the poor idiots can't do a shit. Am I really the only one who thinks this?
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:18:41 AM

We cannot so sure about this thing, but some of the most reputable bounty managers are doing well on their projects. Well, some managers might do this thing who knows. Scam in so many ways but can't stop it easily. If someone can really prove this thing for sure those managers will face the consequences, time will come for this thing.
Diabolikkk (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:19:55 AM

A bounty campaign just like other campaigns will sure need to have certain regulations or rule before starting the campaign they surely have the rights to change the amount needed for their payments because the value of Cryptocurrency is not stable and it will sure base on the exchange ICO was base in, For some valid reason bounty hunters will need to manage their time if they are joining a campaign and certain ICO will need to raise their funds by starting a Crowd sale well if the management can not handle the expenses needed because it will sure need billions of funds to start your own coin, I had some experience once, That an ICO couldn't  reach its hard cap and in the end had to stop the ICO and then returned the investment they accumulated from investors I really think they are quite honest with their apology because for almost 12 weeks or less we didn't get the payment we deserve and just had to accept the fact that this is a reality for certain bounty hunters their are certain risk involve and you are accepting this by joining a campaign.
Here we are talking about ICOs that actually made it and reach their caps, not ICOs that failed, that's a completely different situation, perfectly understandable.
And I'm sorry but I don't get the point "because the value of Cryptocurrency is not stable", they pay you anyway with their tokens, they don't have to buy the tokens, they make them. Maybe am I missing something?
ryan2018

Activity: 378
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:22:23 AM

I have just found this article on Steemit and I completely agree with the author: https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@criptomoneta/the-world-of-bounty-scam-qurrex-tokenpay-and-more

Lately the bounty managers and the devs have been doing everything they want thanks to clauses such as "We reserve the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice and you accept and agree to the changes" and the only people who lose money and waste time of course are only the bounty hunters.

Do you agree with the article? Are bounty managers and devs taking too much advantages of their position? Do you think it's correct they have such a big power in order to exploit the bounty hunters?

That's our risk as bounty hunters, will meet many scam projects. But from this problem, it must be my experience to choose a project that is not arbitrary, thus minimizing wasted work.
Verde_Mantis

Activity: 336
Merit: 52

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:35:50 AM

That's our risk as bounty hunters, will meet many scam projects. But from this problem, it must be my experience to choose a project that is not arbitrary, thus minimizing wasted work.
I read the article, I don't know all the project but those I know for sure are not scam, they made their ICO and it went well, but anyway they decided to cheat the bounty hunters. If the project is a scam we don't have a lot to complain about, the tokens would be useless anyway but GBX, just to make a name, it's a big and serious project, for sure it's not scam.
patz22

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:58:59 AM

Mate you know that your "maybe" it quite impossible. They may reduce the bounty but not that much. Do you even know that we bounty hunters can even play with the value once it hits the exchange? Wherein if they did a mistake or change the rule say lessen the bounty in half (just like your sample) they will go down.

My point here is that "join a campaign at your own risk". As I said we are investing our time and effort here. I'm a hypocrite if I say that I am not doing this for money.
aussiesloth

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:02:02 AM

Crypto is a high risk endeavour whether you're buying tokens or doing bounties.  You should have understood and accepted that before you got involved.

Quite often, the extensions and changes to the terms are absolutely necessary to even reach soft cap.  It would be worse if they just followed the original plan and the ICO failed to reach soft cap - you would get nothing then.
patz22

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:03:57 AM

Crypto is a high risk endeavour whether you're buying tokens or doing bounties.  You should have understood and accepted that before you got involved.

Quite often, the extensions and changes to the terms are absolutely necessary to even reach soft cap.  It would be worse if they just followed the original plan and the ICO failed to reach soft cap - you would get nothing then.

Word! This is the actually the reason (most probably) why bounty will extend. We are the promoter of it so meaning to say if we didn't do our job it will fail hence we will not receive any. It is better late than nothing.
keanne_isaac

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

www.daxico.com

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:17:57 AM

I do agree though devs snd bounty manager hsve the full position to change rulings while bounty already running it is unfair for the bounty Hunter because you join the bounty since you like their offer and changing it msy csuse for the dis advantage to the bounty hunters who take times and effort to comply the rulings
Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:24:32 AM

well it is still the right thing to do, why? Managers are not fully in control in the budget of the bounty campaign, why? The project owners will still decide how many token will they distribute.The common change happening in bounty was in the start they will said that x number of token will be distributed after the campaign then after sometime it willbe based on dollars. however that is not a bigdeal just continue your worl and for sure you will be rewarded
Ekosistim

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 04:10:26 AM

its a pity, it happen to me too, the copycat took my stake on spreadsheet, i didnt get stake although that article was original from my write. Cry

FINANCEX || THE NEXT GENERATION EXCHANGE
━ ⋄❖⋄ PUBLIC ICO COUNTDOWN : ICO WEBSITE || Join NOW!!! ⋄❖⋄ ━ (https://ico.financex.io/)
Verde_Mantis

Activity: 336
Merit: 52

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:58:05 AM

The problem is that lately these things are happening with a very high frequency, so there are only two cases: pretty much all the ICOs nowadays suck, or someone is abusing of their power. There are ICOs that collected millions and millions but still cut the budget for the bounty, I'm sorry but I don't get it. And if some of you are happy with this, well, probably we deserved to be exploited in this way, soon will get to the point where will be working for free because it'll be a honor to advertise a project...
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:17:14 AM

Yes, today you have to be more careful in bounty campaigns picking. A lot of campaigns are going south these days, people are avoiding them because of KYC laws, and are generally more carefull. They read about team and roadmap, and want a beta at the start of the project
steplaza

Activity: 175
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:03:33 AM

The article is interesting and shines some light on the possible outcomes of bounties. I think the idea of applying smart contracts to bounty is quite good and the right way to go, it does require some additional work by developers but I definitely see potential for that
yxo493

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:06:02 AM

The current bounty mission is indeed of very low quality and many bounty hunters are not given any reward after the end of many bounty missions! Let me feel very disappointed!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: