Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:49:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ( ̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅ ̲̅]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅ [PRE-ANN] Cura: Proposal to De-centralize Medicine & Healthcare ( ̲̅:̲̅  (Read 5287 times)
Gannacus

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:36:00 AM

Follow coin  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
indigon

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:56:29 AM

Grin I like it! I really like the name...

BTC: 1PmcexFQGQ8ax51MfwmvAVLaQMLgd8A1jc 
LTC: LZqrgT7r6v1dXSNz2CcyacTcLx4BiB3Gqy 
USDe: GTQ83soyutN44KrLY8TfYbQGnMMiQF7emT
sicktoshi (OP)

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:16:49 PM

We will start working on the project next week. I will do more thorough research/changing proposal a bit before releasing to studentdoctor network site. Also, the soft upper cap is 500 billions but I am thinking of following Dogecoin's route of around 3% inflation once the maximum is reached. My reasoning is to make it affordable. Let me know what you guys think.
Jarod1231

Activity: 951
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:20:49 PM

If I mine this does it mean I can opt-out of Obamacare without the penalty?  Roll Eyes

sicktoshi (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:31:33 AM

If I mine this does it mean I can opt-out of Obamacare without the penalty?  Roll Eyes

Definitely No penalty  Wink , you don't have to pay for extra premiums either.

Another point I want to bring up for miners/investors (since this is Bitcointalk after all) is, although Cura is catering a niche market (medicine/pharma), if there is adoption, the market is hughe, only even if it in U.S alone.  
sicktoshi (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:26:02 AM

I'll keep my eye on this one,

BTW i'm also a member of SDN and a PGY1

Glad to hear someone has similar forward-thinking regarding cryptocurrency  Wink

I just posted a thread on SDN pre-allo: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/pre-ann-cura-proposal-to-de-centralize-medicine-healthcare.1052331/

And they think ALL bitcointalk people are matured people  Cheesy

Also, I have started working on source-code.
Manwe

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:00:11 AM

When does it launch?
sicktoshi (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:24:13 AM

When does it launch?

At the latest would be in two weeks. We have to do testings for bugs.
f1ndm3h

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:04:34 PM

Looking forward into seeing this coin succeeding Smiley

It is being developed from mature and experienced people, plus that its topic is great.

Health is #1 for people and this could do a real good in our shitty world Smiley
BayCoins

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:41:38 PM

Finally signed up here to comment on this coin launch due to a ton of opportunities not yet discussed that this coin could benefit us all by...  A higher premine may be warranted if specifically used for the purposes stated below..

Setup a foundation feature that pools a portion of block rewards to actual medical research (voted on by members) or help cover costs for medical course expenses paid by aspiring students (school or elected person). If a school/doctor were to be rewarded with funds from Cura and becomes a physician, they could be more willing to grow with the causes Cura promotes and may even provide the services discussed on the first post at reduced costs.

A portion of block rewards could be used to fund development of ipad or android based medical equipment (meaning they are the devices that communicate vitals to the remote doctor/nurse) that will allow doctors/nurses to provide remote checkups for impoverished villages, disease outbreaks, or places that are affected by natural disasters.

Portions of block rewards could be provided to farmers in select communities where produce is more scarce and obesity/diabetes rates are higher. These farmers can then provide discounts to local stores to keep product expenses lower. A Cura sticker on the produce can mark items the coin directly helped.

Hope some of these ideas can be discussed further as it creates a network effect beyond direct mining.  

f1ndm3h

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:38:42 PM

Finally signed up here to comment on this coin launch due to a ton of opportunities not yet discussed that this coin could benefit us all by...  A higher premine may be warranted if specifically used for the purposes stated below..

Setup a foundation feature that pools a portion of block rewards to actual medical research (voted on by members) or help cover costs for medical course expenses paid by aspiring students (school or elected person). If a school/doctor were to be rewarded with funds from Cura and becomes a physician, they could be more willing to grow with the causes Cura promotes and may even provide the services discussed on the first post at reduced costs.

A portion of block rewards could be used to fund development of ipad or android based medical equipment (meaning they are the devices that communicate vitals to the remote doctor/nurse) that will allow doctors/nurses to provide remote checkups for impoverished villages, disease outbreaks, or places that are affected by natural disasters.

Portions of block rewards could be provided to farmers in select communities where produce is more scarce and obesity/diabetes rates are higher. These farmers can then provide discounts to local stores to keep product expenses lower. A Cura sticker on the produce can mark items the coin directly helped.

Hope some of these ideas can be discussed further as it creates a network effect beyond direct mining.  

Yeah good ideas, far from being implemented yet tho Smiley I think with that niche this coin will gain a nice value and we people can use that to do good things for the world too !
All that is needed is community to accept and promote it and adoption will come Smiley
dmidos

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:41:31 PM

People from Poland will have fun with this name Smiley
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:47:27 PM

People from Poland will have fun with this name Smiley

I like zhe concept.. i´m in
aizzaku
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:48:43 PM

good ideas.. we need to think on everything possible for the betterment of people in need and better future

BlockchainGaming A PARADIGM SHIFT IN THE GAMING INDUSTRY
Website | Blog | Forum | Wiki | Events | Marketplace (coming soon)
cherominerito

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:50:45 PM

CURA pronounces CURE-RA

CURA pronounces CURA, in spanish.

FootballCoin:  FXFCWvewynp8feR4ZQ1BJbYxeWzByvqgN8
Pitchblackroom

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:35:08 PM

Watching this coin, has an interesting concept and hopefully enough for it to take off.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
sicktoshi (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:25:25 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 11:41:35 PM by sicktoshi

Just a quick update the original thread posting on pre-allopathic got banned  due to "advertising". Here is a Google Cache of the few thread (it was 2 pages long http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Ob891iMfM1AJ:forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/pre-ann-cura-proposal-to-de-centralize-medicine-healthcare.1052331/+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us)

At any rate, there will be another thread on Pre-Allopathic thread. Also there will be another post on SDN's Allopathic thread and dental, because I want to spread the De-centralized Medicine belief.

Again for clarification purpose, the software is open-source with various people contribute to the project and we at Cura does not ask for money, and neither is it costs anything to use the software.

I will also promoting discussion on www.reddit.com/r/medicine and IRC channels as well. Also, my consultant is exploring the possibility of implement Scrypt 2048,1,1 for further ASIC resistant (if he could not come up in time, there will be eventually forking down the road in case Asic explodes)

Keep on the discussion because I feel de-centralize medicine is an important issue for most people.
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:23:06 AM

I was reading the OP and smiling waiting to reach the spec of the coin and at the end as I expected it's another scrypt clone coin lol!, (it's not a bad thing, just find it funny) I was expecting a POS + POW model at least when I was reading the patient <-> providers thingy, but nah no innovation lol!

But for the narrative I'll be following this coin
sicktoshi (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:33:53 AM

I was reading the OP and smiling waiting to reach the spec of the coin and at the end as I expected it's another scrypt clone coin lol!, (it's not a bad thing, just find it funny) I was expecting a POS + POW model at least when I was reading the patient <-> providers thingy, but nah no innovation lol!

We are exploring Scrypt 2048,1,1 for memory consumption for further ASIC resistant in future forking if it gets bad. Try to see if other coins are trying to do that. Also, I am quoting from the reddit thread regarding why Cura is unique " Cura is upfront about catering to providers/patients adoption first as oppose to trying to create speculations and then merchant adoption as with other cryptos."

Also, I created a thread on /r/medicine subreddit . http://www.reddit.com/r/medicine/comments/1wexrf/cura_proposal_to_decentralizing_medicine/ check out for my answers to concern/issues
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:52:25 AM

We are exploring Scrypt 2048,1,1 for memory consumption for further ASIC resistant in future forking if it gets bad. Try to see if other coins are trying to do that. Also, I am quoting from the reddit thread regarding why Cura is unique " Cura is upfront about catering to providers/patients adoption first as oppose to trying to create speculations and then merchant adoption as with other cryptos."

Also, I created a thread on /r/medicine subreddit . http://www.reddit.com/r/medicine/comments/1wexrf/cura_proposal_to_decentralizing_medicine/ check out for my answers to concern/issues

It's still scrypt based, if it was scrypt-jane it would have been more resistant,The whole ASIC resistance argument doesn't really matter, unless scrypt market doesn't reach a certain market cap, it will be safe on it own as no company on the industrial level would consider investing R&D, Industrialisation, fab.... on scrypt coins.

" Cura is upfront about catering to providers/patients adoption first as oppose to trying to create speculations and then merchant adoption as with other cryptos."

lol? what is this even supposed to mean? so you'll have an exchange since day one? please explaine

And just to make things, clear, I'm not against your coin just expressed my amazement to the whole story line for yet another scrypt coin (you have every right to creat one, and you won't be the first or the last) and Like I said I'll be following this.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: