Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 06:32:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CGMiner --expiry --scan-time --queue  (Read 3513 times)
vilgem (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:23:07 AM

I'm solo mining a fork crypto-currency with a short inter-block interval (2.5 m) with cgminer. Solo mining actually means that there's no LP (long pool). And as far as I know that also means no stratum protocol (only standard http getwork is supported). Last share I found was rejected. I suppose that happaned bacause of a lond getwork interval. I.e. my miner was working on a puzzle that had already been solved (become out of date). If getwork interval is 60 sec and a share is solved by the network in the first 5 seconds, that means my miner is wasting time another 55 seconds.

Is it possible to force more frequent getwork updates? Which cgminer parameter am I supposed to use?

I tried --expirity Smiley I set it to 5 seconds and started mining. 10 seconds later I had a luck to find a share... BUT it has not even been sumbitted to the network Smiley It was declared as a stale. Very nice story. This is a useless parameter which might confuse people. It actually means that even if you find a share it won't be submitted if it's expired (it will be marked as a stale).

Does --scan-time do the job? Can I set it to 1-3 seconds if my wallet is running on the same computer in the server mode?

★★★ VERTCOIN ★★★ ALL GENIOUS IS SIMPLE ★★★
fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 521

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 01:42:39 PM

push

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: