Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:34:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: $4,000 to invest in GPU miner. What do?  (Read 1190 times)
Quiksilver (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:01:42 AM

Alright so here's the deal, I am new to this whole mining thing and am currently using my gaming machine for a miner (it gets 120k/h).

I am tired of taking a lot smaller bites than I could if I invested some real money into a rig.

I have $4,000USD to invest in a ltc mining rig and dont really want to mess with the whole ASIC thing.

Since I am soooooo dang new to this whole scene I was wondering if you guys could help me build a list to complete my newly founded dream.

I've looked at the Sapphire 290X's and the GIGABYTE 290X's as well.

Basically, I have no knowledge of what I need to buy but I am very well versed when it comes to putting the machine together.

All I need is (yes this is asking for a lot) is a list of stuff to be able to have a fully functional rig.

If they're any other post pertaining to this then please refer me to them.

Thanks for all of your help in advance!!!

CoinLearn

Activity: 329
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:40:43 AM

Alright so here's the deal, I am new to this whole mining thing and am currently using my gaming machine for a miner (it gets 120k/h).

I am tired of taking a lot smaller bites than I could if I invested some real money into a rig.

I have $4,000USD to invest in a ltc mining rig and dont really want to mess with the whole ASIC thing.

Since I am soooooo dang new to this whole scene I was wondering if you guys could help me build a list to complete my newly founded dream.

I've looked at the Sapphire 290X's and the GIGABYTE 290X's as well.

Basically, I have no knowledge of what I need to buy but I am very well versed when it comes to putting the machine together.

All I need is (yes this is asking for a lot) is a list of stuff to be able to have a fully functional rig.

If they're any other post pertaining to this then please refer me to them.

Thanks for all of your help in advance!!!

If u have USD 4000 to invest, better invest it in Bitcoin.
Ritual

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:08:24 AM

This might help:

http://www.cryptobadger.com/build-your-own-litecoin-mining-rig/

Newbie oriented mining site - http://cryptoexperiment.wordpress.com/ --- Free BTC - http://freebitco.in/?r=231531
Quiksilver (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 06:52:15 PM

Thanks for all of the help guys. I will look into the cryptobadger site later today.

I would invest in BTC but I have a feeling they will fall for the next 3-6 months.
Smileyftw

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:07:53 PM

I’d strongly advise everyone reading this to treat mining as a hobby, and not a “get rich quick” scheme
Quiksilver (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:00:06 PM

I’d strongly advise everyone reading this to treat mining as a hobby, and not a “get rich quick” scheme

I'm not looking to "get rich quick", I'm looking to have some fun and make some money. Basically, money is my hobby because I play professional poker. I'm just looking to leave my machine running
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 12:55:47 AM

I'm not looking to "get rich quick", I'm looking to have some fun and make some money. Basically, money is my hobby because I play professional poker. I'm just looking to leave my machine running

Read into technical Analysis and invest into bitcoins. Buy and hold is not going to make you money, but with the right strategy when to buy BTC and when to sell you can get some profits. And with your job you should be able to handle the stress Wink

Im not really here, its just your imagination.

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:21:54 AM

Buy and hold is not going to make you money

Long-term, you are wrong. Imagine the guy that brought @ 266 in April, must have been kicking himself so he sold for a loss. Should have just held it. Buy it, and put it in cold storage. Don't even bother looking at the charts everyday or you'll go nuts. I'm am not saying to completely disconnect oneself from the bitcoin community, but rather to stay informed and never risk more you are willing to lose.

Just my two satoshis.   Smiley
Quiksilver (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:41:02 AM

Read into technical Analysis and invest into bitcoins. Buy and hold is not going to make you money, but with the right strategy when to buy BTC and when to sell you can get some profits. And with your job you should be able to handle the stress Wink
My objective is to mine doge (for now) and transfer into BTC.

I dont want to buy and hold. If I wanted to do that i would asic mine at 600G/Hs x 10= 20000USD

http://s3.postimg.org/fylrg2k0z/Untitled.png

Im here to have fun and pay rent. (1060month)
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:58:58 AM

I suggest you listen to this person. Buying and holding, because the price can go insanely high one day.

Mobo

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:11:42 AM

Dont bother mining dude!
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 10:21:11 AM

Don't be stupid, buy Bitcoin

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 04:47:10 PM

Buy and hold is not going to make you money

Long-term, you are wrong. Imagine the guy that brought @ 266 in April, must have been kicking himself so he sold for a loss. Should have just held it. Buy it, and put it in cold storage. Don't even bother looking at the charts everyday or you'll go nuts. I'm am not saying to completely disconnect oneself from the bitcoin community, but rather to stay informed and never risk more you are willing to lose.

Just my two satoshis.   Smiley

Id have to do the calculation for exact numbers. But if you followed a decent trading strategy youd have a greater profit compared to someone just buying and holding.
And looking at the chart every morning is not stressfull. You dont have to trade hourly candels, you can trade daily or even larger candels or somewhere in between. That way you will follow the size trends that fits your life the most and still make profit. E.g. currently the trend for my indicator goes down. Selling point was the 15th and the downward trend is going on ever since (~840 downto 751). Thats for daily candels and not very stressfull. I usually have a signal every few weeks, depending on the length of the trend.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:46:36 PM

Don't be stupid, buy Bitcoin

Yes, sir.

My objective is to mine doge (for now) and transfer into BTC.
Im here to have fun and pay rent. (1060month)

IMHO, it is better to just buy bitcoin directly.
But if you really want to mine, go ahead and have fun. Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: