Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:33:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick way to buy BTC without a long wait????  (Read 11577 times)
skivrmt

Activity: 994
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:02:39 PM

bitsimple.com.  spreads stink, but they do it right.

I think this is the easiest and most simple way but you'll pay maybe $10-15/coin vs an exchange.  If you have a cc or paypal account you can get verified with 5 min via cc and 24 hr via paypal.  US based in SC and basically run by member on this forum, so I would considered very trusted.  Plus once you buy you have your coin super fast to do with what you want with it.
ManeBjorn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:08:25 PM

Debit card, Paypal or some such.  I live rural so getting to banks for wire transfers are a bit more difficult and western union charges $65 for same day service now it's nuts.
As for my paypal I know there are many scammers but I use mine for sales on Ebay and would never jeopardize my perfect record by scamming anyone.
I also have made done trasnactions with BreathofZen on here and he can vouch for me.  I am actually buying some gear from another trusted member on here as well.  We are going to use Canaryinthemine for escrow once I get the BTC.

.76 BTC

Great info everyone.  I am checking this all out now.
I appreciate all the help.
So many scams it's difficult to know what to do.

How many coins are you looking for?

How are you trying to pay?

ManeBjorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:09:26 PM

I will check them out now thanks.

I think this is the easiest and most simple way but you'll pay maybe $10-15/coin vs an exchange.  If you have a cc or paypal account you can get verified with 5 min via cc and 24 hr via paypal.  US based in SC and basically run by member on this forum, so I would considered very trusted.  Plus once you buy you have your coin super fast to do with what you want with it.

ManeBjorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:13:32 PM

Bitsimple is not available to NY residents that sucks.

I will check them out now thanks.

skivrmt

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:49:40 PM

Yes, NY, CA, and I think VA.  The US is strange where you need each states approval for any sort of "banking related" business.  NY is one of the tougher states to get approved in for anything, banking, securities, insurance etc.
ManeBjorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:36:42 PM

State laws are nuts at time.
NY is screwed for all sorts of law because of NYC.

Yes, NY, CA, and I think VA.  The US is strange where you need each states approval for any sort of "banking related" business.  NY is one of the tougher states to get approved in for anything, banking, securities, insurance etc.

SPC_Bitcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Coffee makes it all better!

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:57:12 PM

cashintocoins.com is easy to work with. deposit cash into big-name bank. get coins in est. 24 hours.

NEVER GOT PAID.
ManeBjorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:11:59 PM

We don't have any of their big banks up here.  Closest too far away.

cashintocoins.com is easy to work with. deposit cash into big-name bank. get coins in est. 24 hours.

empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:06:36 AM

You could be verified, deposited money, and obtained bitcoins at bitstamp in a week.
ManeBjorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:18:49 AM

Very true.
Coinbase finally got set ok so monday I can do instant buys.  Very frustrating to have to wait so long.
Still it could be worse I suppose.
I am definitely going to get setup with some other exchanges so I don't have to be stuck anymore.

You could be verified, deposited money, and obtained bitcoins at bitstamp in a week.

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:33:08 AM

Very true.
Coinbase finally got set ok so monday I can do instant buys.  Very frustrating to have to wait so long.
I am definitely going to get setup with some other exchanges so I don't have to be stuck anymore.

What does a coin cost at coinbase?
ManeBjorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:06:21 AM

$808.19 right now.
Yesterday it was $788 something. 

Very true.

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:07:34 AM

$808.19 right now.

Very true.

OK, so going on bitstamp prices. That is ok then.
ManeBjorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:10:20 AM

Yes it's not too bad.
The best part is I can buy right from my card instead of all the wire transfers and trying to find a bank up here in the boonies for deposits and such.

$808.19 right now.

Very true.

skivrmt

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:39:50 PM

Yes it's not too bad.
The best part is I can buy right from my card instead of all the wire transfers and trying to find a bank up here in the boonies for deposits and such.

$808.19 right now.

Very true.

There have been several threads about this in the past, but Coinbase uses Bitstamp as their exchange since they don't own one.  So you'll see their buy/sell prices track those at Bitstamp.  Generally off a few dollars though because Coinbase takes a bid off the spread in their words "to reduce risk".  Ie, they want more fees. Wink
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:01:43 PM

Yes it's not too bad.

$808.19 right now.

Very true.

There have been several threads about this in the past, but Coinbase uses Bitstamp as their exchange since they don't own one.  So you'll see their buy/sell prices track those at Bitstamp.  Generally off a few dollars though because Coinbase takes a bid off the spread in their words "to reduce risk".  Ie, they want more fees. Wink

Apologies, but since I'm not in the US and can't access Coinbase, just trying to get more info.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 06:53:59 PM

getcoincafe.com looks good and quick, but the price is *not* equivalent to bitstamp. Currently bitstamp is $790 and coin cafe $843.

Yeah that is a pretty big price difference, but I guess if you are looking for immediate bitcoins, you have to be anticipating or willing to pay a slight premium, otherwise you would just wait it out at coinbase or one of the other exchanges..

I forgot to mention the most obvious option.   You can ask someone you know to sell you a bitcoin.   That is how I got started initially.   I just handed him cash, and he sent me bitcoins immediately.   Nice and easy..
coinpharmer

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:24:02 PM

getcoincafe.com looks good and quick, but the price is *not* equivalent to bitstamp. Currently bitstamp is $790 and coin cafe $843.

I forgot to mention the most obvious option.   You can ask someone you know to sell you a bitcoin.   That is how I got started initially.   I just handed him cash, and he sent me bitcoins immediately.   Nice and easy..

yep, buy btc from friends, if you dont know anyone with bitcoin, become that guy. become that guy by buying asap from any of the options listed above. personally I like coinbase, its easy for me. Id prefer to use a exchange i can set bids at and scoop low prices on dips but I honestly feel a coin bought today, is a coin I'll be happy to have bought a year from now, and as such i dont mind paying a little more then the minimum possible, to avoid missing a chance should the price take off while im waiting for a dip.
ManeBjorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:40:59 PM

I'm the only one I know with BTC.
One I get my new miner I will be able to be the guy they all buy from.  Should be this week.  Grin

yep, buy btc from friends, if you dont know anyone with bitcoin, become that guy. become that guy by buying asap from any of the options listed above. personally I like coinbase, its easy for me. Id prefer to use a exchange i can set bids at and scoop low prices on dips but I honestly feel a coin bought today, is a coin I'll be happy to have bought a year from now, and as such i dont mind paying a little more then the minimum possible, to avoid missing a chance should the price take off while im waiting for a dip.

inspiredinvestor

Activity: 658

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 09:53:44 PM

Localbitcoins.com can be the fastest. You can buy face-to-face with cash or make a cash bank deposit and have bitcoins in an hour (potentially).

+1 or bank transfer if you both use same bank in acouple of hours

███        WEBSITE      SLACK      ANN THREAD         ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      EXPLORER     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO   From March 1st, 2018  ▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: