Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:44:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Block Erupters 32gh/s clicks and shut down  (Read 1299 times)
Dansoft.se (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:44:13 AM

I have a Block Erupter Cube 32gh/s that clicks and after that it shut down the fan is still running.

My PSU are an Fractal Design Tesla R2 800W 80+ Gold

the spec of the PSU can be found on this link.

http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/power-supplies/tesla/tesla-r2-800w

Its only one cube connected to the PSU.

IM starting to go crazy on this...

Does anyone have any idea what to do ?

Sometimes it works for 1 hour sometimes 5 hours and after a reboot it starts again..

Thanks in advance

wunch

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:08:18 AM

Assuming everything is bolted in after transit it will be a power issue. I had it do this one two different 750W atx supply's but it booted fine on a (noisy as hell) bench supply. Using a 600W corsair CX600 it works fine and has power to run some hexminers. I think it is to do with the initial spike in power and that some PSU's don't handle it well.
rulvis

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 08:12:01 AM

I have a Block Erupter Cube 32gh/s that clicks and after that it shut down the fan is still running.

Sometimes it works for 1 hour sometimes 5 hours and after a reboot it starts again..

Thanks in advance

i believe the problem is the failsafe unit in the cube. The clicking noise you hear is from the relay witch give power to the blades. As a part of a safety mechanism this failsafe "unit" is sensing the current to the fan, so if the fan stop the current will change and the relay click off due to not overheating the blades. You can try this to either change fan or simply to block a part of the fanoutlet with a piece of cardboard so you hear th fan is changing speed and sound. i think you then will get a different , longer, shorter "uptime" from your cube. A bad way to solve the problem is to bypass the failsafe circuit to bridge  the two terminals of the relay. This is the worst way to solve the problem and  beware of overheating.!!
xsrvx

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:32:54 PM

I had a similar problem with my first cube. The only difference is mine shut off completely after the click. I had to let it sit a while and power cycle the PSU.
Then it would run again for between 30 minutes to an hour and a half, click and shut off again. I thought power at first but had the same problem with a Corsair 850 so I stuck a giant fan behind it and it has been running with no problems ever since. You do want to make sure the screws on the heat sinks on the blades are tight and blades are properly seated in the grooves.
frank754

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:49:04 PM

I've had mostly good luck with mine so far, one time 4 of the asics on one board turned to X's so I took it apart, tightened the heatsinks a bit and reseated all the cards again and it worked fine. About a week later it stopped hashing and all the chips turned to X's. I unplugged the fuse and plugged it back in again and it resumed perfectly automatically without even having to restart the terminal window, and it's been well over a week since.
Dansoft.se (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:07:26 PM

Thanks in advance

i believe the problem is the failsafe unit in the cube. The clicking noise you hear is from the relay witch give power to the blades. As a part of a safety mechanism this failsafe "unit" is sensing the current to the fan, so if the fan stop the current will change and the relay click off due to not overheating the blades. You can try this to either change fan or simply to block a part of the fanoutlet with a piece of cardboard so you hear th fan is changing speed and sound. i think you then will get a different , longer, shorter "uptime" from your cube. A bad way to solve the problem is to bypass the failsafe circuit to bridge  the two terminals of the relay. This is the worst way to solve the problem and  beware of overheating.!!

Thanks a lot for answer.

do you know what corcuit it is that i shall buypass for the bad way to solve the problem is to bypass the failsafe circuit to bridge  the two terminals of the relay.
wunch

Activity: 49

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:19:20 PM

Before you blow it up by shorting the fuse have you tried a different PSU. Like i said above i had the exact same issue with PSU's that were overspecced (750W) but they could not take the initial voltage spike of the cube resulting in it giving a click and dieing. A 600W corsair PSU booted it fine first time.

Shorting the fuse is a very bad idea and means if anything goes wrong you will end up with an expensive paper weight.
Dansoft.se (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:01:16 AM

i have tried different psu`s.

i tried to take out the fan of the cube so the fan could work in free airflow without any drag for the fan it worked fine.

does anyone know the spec that it should be on the fan ?

thank in advance
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: