Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 12:41:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Business Brain-storm - Noobs into BTC?  (Read 1117 times)
alphacenturion (OP)

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:05:17 AM

I am looking into setting up a business with a couple of partner's to help build the BTC infrastructure and get more people involved with using crypto currencies in general.

My background is presentations, speaking and writing. My partner's have vast experience in web design, seo and programming. We are at the brain-storming stage and looking for ideas on ways to create an online business, earn some BTC whilst simultaneously encouraging new users to participate in this new economy.

Initially we were considering an improved localbitcoins/bittylicious type site particularly for people in the UK however this isn't really bringing much new to the game and we are keen to also encourage new users in developing countries. I thought I would bring our brain-storming to this great wealth of knowledge in the hope that some of you guys had some ideas on what is needed to help bring more new players into bitcoin?

Thoughts appreciated.
kwest

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:30:00 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 10:47:43 AM by kwest

I keep thinking about what one investor said about why his company hasn't invested in any bitcoin start-ups yet (but would very much like to, and they are actively looking), and that is: non of the current start-ups actually solve any new problems. As soon as one comes up with a way to solve a problem using the bitcoin protocol, they're all ears.

And I think he's right. That's what we need in order to take bitcoin to the next level. Build something with / on top of bitcoin that solves an important problem.

Edit: Also, if you have knowledge/contacts/etc. that could help improve another bitcoin business, consider starting an alliance/cooperation. No need to start from scratch if you don't need to.
alphacenturion (OP)

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:49:58 AM

Great points both. Thanks for that - food for thought.
Johnny Bitcoinseed

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Johnny Bitcoinseed

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 05:22:40 PM

It might help to list the problems that need solving.

Sincerely I am, Johnny BitcoinSeed .com
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:17:55 AM

Thoughts appreciated.

You might get something out of this old post.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: