Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:44:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 RX580 Hashrate Drop  (Read 274 times)
androstan1234

Activity: 251
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:51:08 PM

You likely will not get 32 mhs stable on the non Samsung cards.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
joemaio87 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:55:44 AM

Hey... sounds like you’re getting there.  I’d still lower the mem clock on the two cards getting memory errors, by like 25... I don’t like errors, and it won’t change hashrate that much.  As for overall rig speed, don’t get caught up in trying to squeeze every little bit you can.  Most people say to find the max then back off 5-10%.  You’re equipment will last longer and won’t burn out so soon.  Besides, 245mhs isn’t so bad...

Changed it the best I could and it's 245 MH/S now 3 and 5 show 1-2 errors over last 2 hours and now GPU 6 shows 16. It's like when I edit one card it affects a different card. This has become very frustrating lol

You likely will not get 32 mhs stable on the non Samsung cards.

Contrary, the Micron cards are the ones most stable at 32, 3 cards are over 32 and the other 2 are 30. The Samsung and Hynix are the lows at 29. I had thought the same thing. I bought a box of 10 straight from MSI after I already had the Samsung and Hynix and the 5 were nicron and have given me the least problems. I'm tempted to open 3 more from that case (since I have 5 unopened) and just run all micron.

Then I can start a fresh rig with the others, and add 2 other cards I acquired.
Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:03:24 AM

Hey... sounds like you’re getting there.  I’d still lower the mem clock on the two cards getting memory errors, by like 25... I don’t like errors, and it won’t change hashrate that much.  As for overall rig speed, don’t get caught up in trying to squeeze every little bit you can.  Most people say to find the max then back off 5-10%.  You’re equipment will last longer and won’t burn out so soon.  Besides, 245mhs isn’t so bad...

Changed it the best I could and it's 245 MH/S now 3 and 5 show 1-2 errors over last 2 hours and now GPU 6 shows 16. It's like when I edit one card it affects a different card. This has become very frustrating lol

Are you aware that the GPU id number ordering may not be the same on your miner as compared to your overclocking tool?

Sometimes you notice that tweaking a GPU on your tool will result in different miner output because they don't match. A good way to match cards is to increase the fan speed using your overclocking tool and check your miner which GPU increased in fan speed. Using this method you can piece together which GPUs you are tweaking.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
joemaio87 (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:09:29 AM

Are you aware that the GPU id number ordering may not be the same on your miner as compared to your overclocking tool?

Sometimes you notice that tweaking a GPU on your tool will result in different miner output because they don't match. A good way to match cards is to increase the fan speed using your overclocking tool and check your miner which GPU increased in fan speed. Using this method you can piece together which GPUs you are tweaking.

The GPUS in HWinfo correspond to the GPUS I've designated in claymore by turning each card off 1 at a time and marking the card that stops spinning. All my edits in Claymore line up with the HWinfo information
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:13:47 AM

The GPUS in HWinfo correspond to the GPUS I've designated in claymore by turning each card off 1 at a time and marking the card that stops spinning. All my edits in Claymore line up with the HWinfo information

How are you tuning your cards then? Afterburner? Overdriventool?

Just because HWinfo and Claymore lineup that doesn't mean that your overclocking tool lines up the same way. This is a common tweaking problem but we should be able to fix it by simply identifying which is which.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
joemaio87 (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 05:35:13 PM

How are you tuning your cards then? Afterburner? Overdriventool?

Just because HWinfo and Claymore lineup that doesn't mean that your overclocking tool lines up the same way. This is a common tweaking problem but we should be able to fix it by simply identifying which is which.

All my changes are being made in the claymore batch file, which are described a few posts back
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: