Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:36:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC is bullshit  (Read 1049 times)
Kronos21

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:55:54 PM

I think KYC is not bad thing for bounty & token sale because some bad people always try to spamming in everywhere.KYC just helping to identify fraud people i think it's more effective.But i support KYC only for if it look like legitimate project.
the presence of kyc is very helpful when a country wants to regulate the movement of crypto in the country to avoid things that are not in want like theft or others because the kyc does not harm and even protect us as users of crypto and I strongly support this activity.
I strongly disagree with you. The objective of KYC is only one. Take part of your cryptocurrency from you as taxes. Unfair exchanges use the KYC in order to freeze your account and steal your coins. All cryptocurrency transactions can be traced. In order to protect yourself from hacking it was enough to agree among themselves all the exchanges and wallets on the withdrawal of such funds.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 04:52:33 PM

Because scams and frauds multiply and we need some changes for us to move on and put everything into places. Now , if the site requires KYC and its a part of their regulation, if you do not want to obey them , then better find something without requiring your information. Withdrawing money absolutely needs personal information for security, what do you expect?

Right. When you are on right move with legit ICOs, then no fall back in giving them the personal documents required to verify your identity. It is indeed needed when so many fraudulent activities are easily taken upon using our personal information shared. So be more aware of giving out your personal documents to anyone. If the documents are required for the right purpose, then don't hesitate giving out them.
Are you sure that your advice is really correct? You can't determine 100% the true goals of the ICO creators. Maybe they want to take over not only your money but also your personal data. No one is immune from this threat. It seems to me that it is impossible to call any data personal now. Know two-knows pig.
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:49:45 PM

Because scams and frauds multiply and we need some changes for us to move on and put everything into places. Now , if the site requires KYC and its a part of their regulation, if you do not want to obey them , then better find something without requiring your information. Withdrawing money absolutely needs personal information for security, what do you expect?

Right. When you are on right move with legit ICOs, then no fall back in giving them the personal documents required to verify your identity. It is indeed needed when so many fraudulent activities are easily taken upon using our personal information shared. So be more aware of giving out your personal documents to anyone. If the documents are required for the right purpose, then don't hesitate giving out them.
Are you sure that your advice is really correct? You can't determine 100% the true goals of the ICO creators. Maybe they want to take over not only your money but also your personal data. No one is immune from this threat. It seems to me that it is impossible to call any data personal now. Know two-knows pig.
Once you had already submitted on the documents that had been asked then you are already at risk on where those informations can really be used into other purposes or would be sell out which we cant really be sure that each project dont have any other plans for those informations that had been collected and also we do know not all projects turns out to be successful in the end which means anytime they do really have our data and once they do have it we cant really able to take it  back.
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:45:21 PM

KYC is an issue, however it's a regulation downside.

I think it is also an issue because the cryptocurrency is a non disclosure financial system and KYC is just contrary to it goal.  With KYC, you expose your information and data to the public through that exchange. I think regulations should leave out the aspect of disclosure but to regulate the exchanges.
Carrelmae10

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:37:43 AM

..kyc now is the process that you will undergo to be enable to participate in some bounty and icos..i agree with you..it is your personal information that you will never give to somebody for it is your privacy to keep your information safe..i donnot like also the kyc because i dont want to give my personal information..but still it is indeed a process that you should do..some bounties and icos do this to prevent malicious attck and to secure there token and to have a fast track on their customers..just try to avoid and do not participate on bounties and icos that need kyc..so that your info will not become viewablr to the public..

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Aristus

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 03:47:03 PM

Info not really like kyc, I hate this so much since it started until now but my problem is I don't have a choice, the more I resist it the more I create more steps away from the good ICOs which is profit is 100% possible.
The question now is this,;
If we don't like kyc, how can we stop it if the situation is in favor to this new implementation in crypto world?
XFlowZion

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 12:20:19 AM

We like it or not, we need to follow the jurisdiction of each country. They say it is because of the possibility of money laundering that has been going on but I believe that fiat has 100x more money laundering cases than crypto but we can't really do about it. Just think about that we are giving an impression to other people that we are also against crime when we agreed to KYC.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: