Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:11:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Understanding Centralized Cryptocurrency  (Read 455 times)
Coin-1
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2195

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:14:41 AM

- no miner can say which transactions he wants to approve
But mining pool (admin) does.

I guess you are saying about transaction censorship. Yes, an admin of some mining pool can pursue his own policy and restrict some transactions even if they offer high fees, but the admin of other mining pool won't comply with such policy and will approve any transaction he wants. Therefore the transaction censorship is surmountable in the long run.
goaldigger

Activity: 2366
Merit: 356

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:02:56 PM

Bitcoin and cryptocurrency is decentralized, but how does it become centralized ? By a third party. Using exchanges or sites that will help you monitor your account or withdraw makes it centralize. The third party relies also on decentralize cryptocurrency and pass it to you decentralized. If you would notice, it is also better for some greater security.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
MascharonoM

Activity: 216
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:13:31 AM

I even don't have the better idea on this. I know something about SciDex which is a new coin and working for scientific data. I also researched their white as well. Looks everything solid and clean. There is a good chance of earning some good money from that project.
Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 11:36:15 AM

Bitcoin and cryptocurrency is decentralized
Disagree.

I even don't have the better idea on this.
Neither does anybody else, certainly not Vitalik nor any other so called "crypto experts".

Seriously nobody knows how to make ledgers decentralized.
That is the reality.
DevilOper

Activity: 280
Merit: 26

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:48:42 PM

- no miner can say which transactions he wants to approve
But mining pool (admin) does.

I guess you are saying about transaction censorship. Yes, an admin of some mining pool can pursue his own policy and restrict some transactions even if they offer high fees, but the admin of other mining pool won't comply with such policy and will approve any transaction he wants. Therefore the transaction censorship is surmountable in the long run.

No, I've been talking about 'de-/centralization' in general.
In the long run one may find a way to launer money or fund terrorism even with current centralized banks so this argument is negligible.
Not only censorship, there are or might be some sort of transactions/messages valide from the protocol point of view but not implemented in pool SW (or switched off by default) which makes it no way to perform even if both - sender and receiver - are agree on it.

As I said, the true decentralization is an agreement among all participants concerned and none else.
desmodiAN

Activity: 164
Merit: 19

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:02:15 PM

still considered a cryptocurrency ?
the word crypto only refers to cryptotechnology. a lot of this can be centralized. like single point of key infrastructure.
or single poing of coin issuance. even if crypto algorithms are used to ensure integrity/ownership nothing must be decentralized.

e.g. a blockchain based cryptocurrency like bitcoin has a lot more aspects
decentralization of nodes/mining/development
trustless interactions if you want to participate
open for all parties who are intersted (OPEN protocol! vs closed protocols/architectures)

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: