Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:17:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's very difficult to get merit and higher ranks don't like bounty to be a job?  (Read 393 times)
Q2kc (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 15

$100k per 1 BTC in Year 2020

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 03:23:15 AM

I don't know why or how to get merit or maybe people don't really mind about merit system or this reason below Cheesy

read many guides and tips how to get merit but did not work, I even created a good thread about guides how to find a good bounty to participate in but still no luck even a single merit but nothing many people in that section don't care, I created that guide to help bounty hunters find a good bounty we all know that bounty requires hard work you need to report every week working for almost 3-5 months just to receive token for a couple of $$$ but it still helps a lot to survie, I know that some bounty hunters are not get paid after months of work becuase the ICO did not reach the soft cap? so that inspires me to create that thread to avoid that from happening I'm not good at speaking English so yeah just sharing my experience, by the way here is my thread I'm talking about https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4072720.msg38014805#msg38014805

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 03:27:06 AM

You should never expect to be rewarded for your efforts. Merit is (or at least should be) given to deserving posts but that doesn't mean that all deserving posts are given merit. Begging/asking for merit is not the way to go and neither is making the forum a job.

That's exactly why the merit system was implemented in the first place: to curb spam from people who treat the forum like an easy job via posting crappy replies.

I have posted 642 replies since the merit system was implemented. I have received 189 merit since then. 50 of those are from a single post and may be disregarded. That's a 21.65% post:merit ratio.

I don't complain about not having enough merit.

yahoo62278
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 4424

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:27:52 AM

Maybe you're trying to hard to get merit? You're whole goal for being on this forum should not be to get merit and rank up so you can earn more money. You should be casually posting on topics that interest you, and learning about bitcoin and its many different uses. All that while earning a few bucks weekly.

Once you start making more quality posts and ppl see that you're not just a "bounty hunter" you might start seeing some users merit your posts. It's really hard for users like me to merit a user that we see offers very little to the forum except that they want to earn money.

I want to say that this is a general statement to all members of the forum. I did not take the time to read your past posts yet to see if you only fall into this category.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Q2kc (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 03:39:45 AM

You should never expect to be rewarded for your efforts. Merit is (or at least should be) given to deserving posts but that doesn't mean that all deserving posts are given merit. Begging/asking for merit is not the way to go and neither is making the forum a job.

I understand about the merit system, but about the job, it is inevitable even you have a job or maybe we are working for you based on your avatar
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 03:43:07 AM

I understand about the merit system, but about the job, it is inevitable even you have a job
Wrong. Not inevitable. And trying to make the forum a job means compromising with the quality of your posts. You will definitely be unable to consistently make (25?) high-quality posts every week unless you sink a huge amount of time into it, scouring for threads. Even then, it's not necessarily possible to create that many posts. Because of this, the forum's quality deteriorates. And that's no good.
or maybe we are working for you based on your avatar
This is advertising, not a partnership.

pkmoney

Activity: 205
Merit: 29

Love yourself.

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 05:26:10 AM

But still no luck even a single merit

Luck? Come on. Merit is not related to luck at all.

To be honest, it's too hard to get merit when our main focus is "Getting Merit".
But it will be easy if you spend time here like a normal people who doesn't care about merit. Interact with people, try to assist people. You will get merit, of course.

Look at your merit history. You have received 1 merit from TMAN where you didn't put any effort for getting merit rather you have expressed yourself.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 06:29:33 AM

I don't know why or how to get merit or maybe people don't really mind about merit system or this reason below Cheesy
read many guides and tips how to get merit but did not work, I even created a good thread about guides how to find a good bounty to participate in but still no luck even a single merit but nothing many people in that section don't care, I created that guide to help bounty hunters find a good bounty
<...>

Hello there fellow newbie, I think you have the wrong approach on this matter. You misunderstand what a quality post is. A good quality post is a post that is considered helpful to the bitcoin community, not some bounty community. This is a community for learning about bitcoin, so you should create a post that:
1. Help other members learn about bitcoin (better, quicker, more fun, etc.)
2. Help other members integrate into the bitcoin community.
3. Help other members to become a better man.

Just my two Satoshis.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:31:06 AM

To be honest, it's too hard to get merit when our main focus is "Getting Merit".
But it will be easy if you spend time here like a normal people who doesn't care about merit. Interact with people, try to assist people. You will get merit, of course.

In my perspective, I think for those members who are finding it hard to earn even a single merit, I think it is better if set their mindset to get merit while posting instead of posting just for the sake of the bounties or like you said "like normal people". For the most part, I think if they just act like normal people they will never get merit because of the way they are posting now,  no effort or thoughts. But if they post with merit on their mind, I think they will exert more effort that usual.
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:37:40 AM

Take away this below from your profile, you gonna have a higher chances.
Begging is going to make it worst.
Merit Will be Appreciated Cheesy

botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:46:30 AM

Luck? Come on. Merit is not related to luck at all.

Look at your merit history. You have received 1 merit from TMAN where you didn't put any effort for getting merit rather you have expressed yourself.

There is an element of luck involved - it is possible that a deserving post misses the attention of merit sources/those who have merits to hand out. But that doesn't mean the system doesn't work. Smiley
Q2kc (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 06:52:54 AM

Take away this below from your profile, you gonna have a higher chances.
Begging is going to make it worst.
Merit Will be Appreciated Cheesy

Thanks, I really Appreciate your advice Smiley
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2891

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:54:46 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2018, 09:04:20 AM by shahzadafzal
Merited by botany (2), LtMotioN (1)

I created that guide to help bounty hunters find a good bounty

Merit merit on the alt?
You don't have to tell me who's scam of them all
Merit merit I wish you could come to me
And rank me up, bring my hefty bounty back to me

Merit merit lie to me
Show me what I want to see (bounty)
Merit merit  lie to me
Gimme  me bounty I want to flee

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Q2kc (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 07:12:29 AM

Yeah that time I was just expressing my self, I will change my perspective now maybe I will just post something on this forum for being real and helping others with nothing in return maybe that will be the answer.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16593

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 07:48:26 AM

You're getting it all wrong.
What you call a "job", I call spamming!

we all know that bounty requires hard work
If it would be hard work that requires a lot of time, people wouldn't use 21 accounts to join bounty campaigns.
You don't seem to understand the basic reason why the Merit system was introduced:
I'm hoping that this system will increase post quality by:
 - Forcing people to post high-quality stuff in order to rank up. If you just post garbage, you will never get even 1 merit point, and you will therefore never be able to put links in your signature, etc.
- Highlighting good posts with the "Merited by" line.

LtMotioN

Activity: 210
Merit: 29

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:59:11 AM

Don't see this forum as a "job", if you want a job then get a real one. The bounties here are just some extra BTC on the side. You really shouldn't be relying on these for an income.

You should come to bitcointalk to debate things and learn things, to help newcomers learn stuff. Whatever you get or don't get from sig campaigns is just gravy.

This is kind of the same as the "HODL" all your BTC motto people have these days. It is ignoring the main use case and in essence making it worthless. This forum is here for us all to discuss every aspect of cryptocurrency, that is the primary use case. Lets keep it to that, and dont hodl BTC, spend and replace. A currency with no circulation is worthless and so is a forum that is full of "how do I get merit?" posts.

Dogs are nice, I don't like cats though.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:20:58 AM

In my perspective, I think for those members who are finding it hard to earn even a single merit, I think it is better if set their mindset to get merit while posting instead of posting just for the sake of the bounties or like you said "like normal people". For the most part, I think if they just act like normal people they will never get merit because of the way they are posting now,  no effort or thoughts. But if they post with merit on their mind, I think they will exert more effort that usual.
Why? They will only receive their merit, and then go back to their shitposting ways once they can earn more from their bounties. You shouldn't be posting for merit, or for bounties. When signature campaigns, bounties, and merit wasn't a thing many people posted for various different reasons. Mainly to talk about Bitcoin, and learn. However, this forum is quickly turning into a job center.

Post because you want to post or you have something to say.
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:55:02 AM

Quote from: Q2kc
read many guides and tips how to get merit but did not work

Your just expecting way too much and being irritated that you don't seems to have any in a short time.

I even created a good thread about guides how to find a good bounty to participate in but still no luck

Maybe, it's good for you but as for the audience of this forum it might not good enough or a similar thread like yours was already made. And I think LUCK doesn't have any work on this forum.

even a single merit but nothing many people in that section don't care,

If your posts is being read or have been read in a few times, then I think the people in that section do have any care on what you did, Maybe the fact that you're not getting a single one is just that your lacking something on your works.

I created that guide to help bounty hunters find a good bounty

Helping others to gain isn't bad at all, but the thing is, as far as I know HELPING doesn't require any feedback or even waiting for something in exchange. If that would be the case, it won't be helping anymore but a SERVICE that has a charge/fee.

---> Don't be disappointed if your works doesn't seem to have any value to anyone, just keep on improving yourself and also patience is also needed for you to gain.
---> And about that silly thing that you call a JOB, as for the messenger from your image, he is quite right. They really hate it when you try to express this things as a job.
Q2kc (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 12:13:34 PM

Thank you everyone for the comments I learned a lot by reading it especially to the one who gives advice, I understand now the importance of merit system, but about the job like LoyceV said that it is "spamming" sorry but I can't stop my job now for participating in bounty because I can't find a decent job here in the Philippines I did not graduate in college and come from a poor family in 3rd world county finding job is a problem here, I hope you understand sir, I respect your opinion because you're an old member here, when the time comes that this forum will ban ICO or Bounty related post that can cause spam because of reporting every week that will the time for me to find another job.
olari

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:39:00 PM

I received two higher educations (physical and legal) and like you it does not help me to have a high-paid job (my country doesn't interesting in physicists). Of course, I live not in the Philippines, but in Russia.  Probably my country at this moment can be attributed to the countries of the third world. But begging for merits is not the best idea, respect yourself and then maybe people will also start for the same  Wink. Merits will appear in your life, relax and receive pleasue at this forum  Smiley
xAnima

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:50:26 PM

It is not actually that hard to get merit. (Though i still dont have a merit) Merits are actually good to see how other people and other users value your OWN opinions and insights on different topics. I guess whats hard is how to get Attention from the opinion and insight you make and create. Some topics are already repeated over and over again and i guess this is what some High Rank users doesnt like.

But at the very least, opinions are very important to read because it is new knowledge to someone in this forum and could help them be a better user.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: