Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:52:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Goldman Sachs Involved in project Ethereum... ARE YOU F... KIDDING ME  (Read 21550 times)
Burninj (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:52:25 PM

Am I alone to be shocked by what's in this video @ 8:10 ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5FDvzj8YX4

Crypto community is trying to get rid of those f... banksters, and one of the major alternate crypto project is supported by the worst bank in the world.
For me it's a huge red flag...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:53:25 PM

'Ethereum is a modular, Turing-complete contract scripting system married to a blockchain and developed with a philosophy of simplicity, universality and non-discrimination'

AHAHHAHAHA

WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 05:17:53 PM

I guess i have to be respectful here -

its just another Crypto trying to make itself useful by spamming out its original Block-chain.

the Goldman thing ( i haven't watched the video yet) is hilarious  .

now having said that, i'm sure in a round about type way it could be very useful, but no more useful than any other normal Crypto -

having said that, sure i'll be in on it if these chumps will pump it !

then i'll dump it and take that "wealth gain" and put it in a nice simple , real Crypto currency , with one blockchain and one unit represented on it . 

you can guess which one if you want -

: D

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Eex77

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:24:57 PM

Can you really surprised that a lot of big names have entered the crypto scene? $1000 per coin sure grabs people's attention.

It's time to face the fact that bitcoin, and many other cyrptocurrencies have had a shift in purpose. It's no longer a currency of the future, or an anti-bank movement. The original libertarian ideas behind cryptos are dying out, and people treat it as just another investment option.

DOGE: D9X7qReZrCzkWefgt5FW55ENftoLiyvZHq             BTC: 1NXinRxyWhuetk7VTqUE2xFepbFJUD4MZf             EAC: epECRCi4eLytstZZiD57gXRoLwEJLgTgZx
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 05:46:13 PM

has anyone answered my simple questions  ?

some simple questions:

1. There is only one Blockchain (i assume) - how many units?

2. Who owns this Blockchain ? Goldman sachs ?

3. How will it be distributed ?

until these are answered.

I don't care if you can load an icecream taco on the blockchain and make it shit out money, if the people don’t own the Blockchain its loser, Tell Goldman not to waste the money they pilfered from taxpayers -

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pitstop

Activity: 238

We who are about to Mine, Salute You!

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:50:11 PM

Because of Goldman's involvement with this coin, it needs to be torn a new one when launched!! It doesn't matter how good it is!! DONT Mine it and ignore, even ridicule all giveaways!!! May as well call it Bigbrothercoin or GOVcoin!!

Pitstop

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:04:17 PM

The Enemy is now among us!!

Slingshot

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:37:23 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 04:11:36 AM by Slingshot

Anyone here that supports the Devil is not thinking clearly.

Their Evil Incarnate. Maybe not every employee, maybe not who developed this. But...

NO WAY.

None of us should aid them at all. I wont even watch their video. Not a chance.

I don't respect Bailout Queens. Especially the biggest LOSER turned into a Winner by way of BAILOUTS.

They LOST. They got wiped out. But got saved.

No one is going to bail any of us out if we LOSE. That's Capitalism.

But their Crony Neo-Corporate Fascists. Zionist Fascists. Screw that.

No, I wont dare get into bed or business with Communists or Fascists. It's Un-American. It's unpatriotic in any 1st world western country to do such a thing.

Please...Reconsider aiding and abetting the enemy. Their domestic terrorists.

We used to seize the banks that went belly up. Put them into receivership. Straighten out their mess. Sell off their assets. Never rewarded failure. And put the crooked bankers (10,000 of them in the 1980's) all in prison. Don't ever forget that. That was half decent Capitalism back then. Not now.

The movie Wall Street and Gordan Gecko ruined our world. That's when things went all wrong. Starting with "Greed is good, for a lack of a better word". And everything else that movie displayed. It was and is an infectious disease.

Greed is not terrible. Unless left unchecked, and gone fully out of control. Like it did, and has been, for almost three long decades.

I used to think Ron Paul was the solution. But he has serious flaws in his solutions too. Just as Greenspan was a huckster so too Ron Paul's belief that no regulations is a solution. And that privatization is the only solution too. Nonsense. We must have prudent regulations where needed. Such as in the entire Financial system. And we also can't allow pirates to swoop in and steal assets for pennies on the dollar after they crater the economies of any nation they choose (the IMF and World Bank).

WAKE UP. Don't support these domestic terrorists.

I don't fear these clowns at all. Their evil incarnate. And I am their worst nightmare. Not the other way around.

Their cowards, hiding in penthouses, and behind iron gates, with gun toting thugs protecting them. Their already in Hell. And will be there for eternity. Don't dare let them in here. Don't dare give aid and comfort to our very worst enemies. NEVER COWER. Never waver.

STAND TALL.

Greed isn't terrible. But too much greed is not good. In fact if wages were much higher the wealthiest would be that much wealthier. And the banks would have already recovered. It's called Trickle UP, and it really does all Trickle up. But it never hardly at all Trickles down.

They lied, deceived, cheated, stole, spun, and scammed us all. Don't dare aid these monsters. Their all as bad as Madoff. And deserve life, no parole. All the way up to Paulson the ex Treasury Chief, who got on his knees and begged senior members of congress for that TARP Bailout bill. While helping to save himself from a 400 million dollar loss.

Of course they also had the FED loan and give out trillions in secret right then too. And lied about it for almost 3 years or so. Until finally they confessed that too. In all the FED alone bailed out, loaned, backstopped and guaranteed around 16 trillion. Not to mention the free money loaned to it's member banks whom then turn around and invest it by putting it in the FED reserves and make risk free interest on Govt Bonds we're forced to pay. And not counting what us tax payers were forced to bailout and backstop, plus guarantee!

Today we suffer from Crony Fascism. With "Government Motors" (GM), and of all things bailing out a PRIVATE EQUITY Firm that owned Chrysler. Unreal. Their supposed to take the loss. All of them. And liquidate. And have others take the reins. And fix the mess. Not be rewarded for failure. Especially some ultra wealthy private equity firm that doesn't even have their stock offered into any marketplace. That's insane.

Too big to fail my ass! NO ONE is too big. That was the Big Lie. We could have easily put them all into receivership, worked out the mess, kept the employees to do that, then sold off the assets, and retired the bad, unpayable debts. That's the way capitalism works. What we suffer here isn't capitalism at all.

NO ONE IS TOO BIG TO FAIL. Period. Ever. No exceptions. Except society. We wont fail. We just start over.

And soon we're going to be forced to either suffer decades of misery. Or start over. How we handle this determines the next decades directly ahead.

Of course we can't even pay the interest on the debts anymore. Our government has to borrow that too. The books are cooked. It's all fantasy. The real deficit is several trillion every year now. But most is kept off balance sheets. Just like the banks do. They mark assets to fantasy. Not to market. It's all a giant mirage. They know. Everyone that needs or what's to know knows.

Even the IMF came out early this month and stated that there "will be a collapse".

Well these criminal cartels such as the biggest one of all (the Western Worlds Central Banking Cartel) caused all this. While preaching Trickle down Economics. And Deregulation of the Financial Markets. And all their other nonsense just to steal assets away through irrational privatization schemes that harmed all of us, and only aided the top 0.01%. Forgetaboutthem. Their burnt toast. Their done. All washed up. Soon no one will have anything to do with them at all.

Soon even the governments will turn on their masters: The Biggest Banksters. Their our real masters. And they blew up the world again. They keep repeating this same thing, over and over. Their idiots. Their not the best, nor the brightest. Anything but.

The best and brightest are amongst us here. The ones leading this Crypto Monetary Revolution.

I will be against everything their for. I am not here for greed. But becuase the world needs real leaders and real direction from what it suffers from.

Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, ALL of the top Banks are the FED. They OWN the Federal Reserve. All the member banks of the FDIC own the FED. No one else but the shareholders of those banks. And it's the controlling shareholders that hold power and control over the entire western world and beyond.

They are after everything. Their stealing everything they possibly can. And even that isn't good enough. Since 2008 they have borrowed another 26 Trillion and still the banks are insolvent. And worse than ever. Same for our Nations. And China is certainly just a terrible blowing a 23 Trillion dollar world record debt since just 2008. OMG people wake up.

THIS is WHY WE'RE Doing this. Not for anything but to save our futures. To save our children's and grandchildren futures. To save future generations from debt based fiat slavery, into perpetuity.

We can never repay our public debts. They hold us all in economic bondage through those unpayable debts. It's a grand scheme. The most diabolical evil scheme in the history of man.

WAKE UP PEOPLE.

It's your patriot duty to never give aid and comfort to the enemy. Otherwise your in direct violation of law.

Almost half of Europe is already in a severe depression. Everywhere the majority are suffering terribly. While these criminal maggot banksters go on their marry way. NO MORE.

They need to be arrested. Tried. Convicted. And all their ill gotten gains clawed back. Just like Maddoff. No exceptions. PERIOD. All the way up to Henry Paulson.

Their the spineless, gutless, cowards. Demanding we rape, plunder, and steal other nations assets, while lying through their rotten, evil teeth.

Don't support Evil Incarnate.

Here: Watch this Clip: George Carlin ~ The American Dream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVbgeFgIBms

R.I.P. George Carlin.
& Godspeed!

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!
Burninj (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:48:20 PM

Max Keiser, even if I don't especially like him should love this news and share it with all his contacts...
Pitstop

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:27:15 PM

Let it Burn!! before it's launched!! The Dev's must be clueless to jump into bed with the Devil, they must know most people are awake here yet still with pride they dropped the GS bomb!! Really Bad move and you should know better. Innovation and using your brain must not go hand in hand!!

tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:31:49 PM

I'd like to add, their IPO offering is total bullshit. Anyone who wants to invest, they should just send it to Visacoin.
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:33:51 PM

Oh, a centralised bank is backing this? A centralised fiat bank is investing in this, and will have a say in this?

Out.

Totally undermines what cryptocurrency is meant to be about. Satoshi would be sad.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:41:30 PM

WOW that's a huge fail, Goldman Sachs is behind it. Don't support this coin!!
extee

Activity: 171

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:42:25 PM

you'd be surpirsed by how many banks are involved in bitcoin .
the financial sector is deep in it.
Ghash.io is now based in The City of London.
goldman sach board member already joined bitcoin startups months ago.
so if you keep believing a clown on tv that by buying bitcoins you are attacking the big banks you are just proving to be deluded fools.
they are years ahead of you . not behind.
Jpmorgan has been developing emoney and crypto since 1999. they are pioneers in the game.
they had already setup teams to ride crypto bubbles and tried obtaining patents on crypto for years (unsuccesfully).
I know traders on Btc-e who work for some of the big banks.
wherether there's money to be made you'll find banksters around the corner. if you believe different you are grossly misled.

Pitstop

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:45:14 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 09:46:50 PM by Pitstop

you'd be surpirsed by how many banks are involved in bitcoin .
the financial sector is deep in it.
Ghash.io is now based in The City of London.
goldman sach board member already joined bitcoin startups months ago.
so if you keep believing a clown on tv that by buying bitcoins you are attacking the big banks you are just proving to be a deluded fools.
Jpmorgan has been developing emoney and crypto since 1999. they are pioneers in the game.
they had already setup teams to ride crypto bubbles and tried obtaining patents on crypto for years (unsuccesfully).
I know traders on Btc-e who work for some of the big banks.
wherether there's money to be made you'll find banksters around the corner. if you believe different you are grossly misled.

Agreed extee - 957 People/Corporations own over 50% of all BTC mined to date!!

But that said, owning, buying or mining a coin that banksters have also invested in is unavoidable but supporting one that has banksters involved from the very start is another thing completely.

_ingsoc

Activity: 452
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 07:53:33 PM

r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:35:12 PM

I was meaning to do this for a long time, here's my write up of the Ethereum scandal:

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=432207.0

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
ak84

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:49:16 PM

So just cuz someone worked for Goldman Sachs at one point in his life, he's never allowed to get into crypto and we should boycott any crypto projects from him?

Probably 75% (i don't know, just guessing) of people who are educated about finance and economics have worked for or currently are employed by big finance companies.

I don't see what the big deal here is, Unless the employee in question was someone who fucked people over through immoral means.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Edutainment.Tech ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Double ICO: Games for smart and games for business
SmartGames    ◼ CorpEdu
reader31

Activity: 221

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:51:07 PM

I was thinking of investing in it...but not anymore...this is kinda embarrassing! Its not like they need my money. They have Goldman Sachs!

_ingsoc

Activity: 452
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 09:06:13 PM

So just cuz someone worked for Goldman Sachs at one point in his life, he's never allowed to get into crypto and we should boycott any crypto projects from him?

Probably 75% (i don't know, just guessing) of people who are educated about finance and economics have worked for or currently are employed by big finance companies.

I don't see what the big deal here is, Unless the employee in question was someone who fucked people over through immoral means.

Someone who uses reason. Too bad nobody will listen to you.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: