Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:14:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 7970+7950 issues  (Read 381 times)
Maximusprime (OP)

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:09:15 PM

I'm reaching out here because I don't know what else to try.

I have a machine running two ASUS 7950s slotted into the mobo. I bought more gpus and some risers and started to run into issues. The first being that, after installing the thrid gpu, the thread concurrency and original config file that ran the 7950s now cause them to both fail immediately, even with devices running only the 2 that have always worked. The thread concurrency for each GPU should be independent of other GPUs.

To deal with this I had to lower the thread concurrency from 21712 to 20420 across the 3 gpus. Everything I find online says that the config files should command each GPU, just denote with commas. This has been untrue for me, the new GPU forces me to lower to a common thread concurrency.

My issues continued when I brought my main gpu(the one outputting to the monitor) on a riser to accommodate a fourth GPU. Now the screen resolution wont even fit, and none of my original config files will run my GPUs the way they would before, regardless if its just those GPUs selected using --devices

I have rolled back and reinstalled drivers, I'm sure there is someone out there who has felt my pain, please help!

Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: