Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:43:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ho do I GPU mine with Windows?  (Read 9256 times)
purpleeggguy

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2011, 05:30:21 AM

The drivers aren't bad - why people still say that is likely because the installer looked like crap. It still looks bad, and there are plenty of issues installing drivers for older ATi hardware, but current AMD videocards tend to work well...though there are sometimes still installer problems Sad

People equate driver tweaking UI == driver

I always hear horror stories about people having to go through a long and pain-in-the-neck process just to get the drivers installed correctly, not to mention bugs such as the cursor corruption and having idle clocks so low the computer crashes. Not to mention the few times I've used computers with ATI cards there were huge problems with even simple things like video playback.

If none of this has happened to you then hey, congrats. Maybe those were just isolated incidents. I do think they put more effort into their cards than their software though.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DarkMatter

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

Stop trying to steal my account, thanks.

View Profile
March 09, 2011, 01:40:06 PM

The drivers aren't bad - why people still say that is likely because the installer looked like crap. It still looks bad, and there are plenty of issues installing drivers for older ATi hardware, but current AMD videocards tend to work well...though there are sometimes still installer problems Sad

I always hear horror stories about people having to go through a long and pain-in-the-neck process just to get the drivers installed correctly, not to mention bugs such as the cursor corruption and having idle clocks so low the computer crashes. Not to mention the few times I've used computers with ATI cards there were huge problems with even simple things like video playback.

If none of this has happened to you then hey, congrats. Maybe those were just isolated incidents. I do think they put more effort into their cards than their software though.

2 days ago i got a Sapphire HD5770, 1GB. Downloaded latest Catalyst and Stream 2.1, installed both, reboot: that's all.
Everything is working: h264 acceleration, mining, gaming, multimonitor (the card is coupled with an nVidia 9400gt) without any issue at all.
Windows 7 x64 here.
GeorgeH

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2011, 03:06:55 PM

2 days ago i got a Sapphire HD5770, 1GB. Downloaded latest Catalyst and Stream 2.1, installed both, reboot: that's all.
Everything is working: h264 acceleration, mining, gaming, multimonitor (the card is coupled with an nVidia 9400gt) without any issue at all.
Windows 7 x64 here.

What's your average hashrate? I've got the same setup, but with Stream 2.2, and I'm getting ~315 mhash/s (as opposed to ~300mhash/s with Stream 2.3)

EDIT: Mirror for Stream SDK 2.2 for Windows 7 x64: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E7FU5U2E

1DSpPtPTGXTYjkZehPsiAbjkXLkB1jsZ2x
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: