Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:10:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: School Blocking Port. Port Forwarding?  (Read 1316 times)
GravemanSam (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

So I was mining middlecoin about a week ago and then my school decided it was going to block all the ports. Specifically middlecoin uses port 3333 and the only port that my school now has open is 443. Every time I try and run my miner i can't connect because the port is blocked. Is it possible to port forward from 3333 to make all of the info run through 443? I am not very knowledgeable in this specific area and could use some guidance. Thanks for any help.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:27:11 AM

I don't think you should be really mining coins on your school's computers. Could get your suspended ....
GravemanSam (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:46:17 AM

I am on my own desktop in my dorm room. They are just blocking the port I am trying to use on their network.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:28:45 AM

I am on my own desktop in my dorm room. They are just blocking the port I am trying to use on their network.

OK, sorry dude. Thanks for explaining. You've googled "port forwarding" right?
GravemanSam (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:20:46 AM

Yes I have. I bought my own vpn through privateinternetaccess, and have talked to their tech support. I can;t specifically enable a port and 3333 is still being blocked. I only have access to a limited number of ports. I need to essentially reroute all of 3333 through a port that I actually have open. But I don't think I can since technically the school controls all the ports still. Unless i am misunderstanding. Sorry, but I have very limited knowledge with ports and port forwarding. I'm more of a computer hardware guy and less on the coding and things of that nature. Thanks for any help.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:28:11 AM

Yes I have. I bought my own vpn through privateinternetaccess, and have talked to their tech support. I can;t specifically enable a port and 3333 is still being blocked. I only have access to a limited number of ports. I need to essentially reroute all of 3333 through a port that I actually have open. But I don't think I can since technically the school controls all the ports still. Unless i am misunderstanding. Sorry, but I have very limited knowledge with ports and port forwarding. I'm more of a computer hardware guy and less on the coding and things of that nature. Thanks for any help.

Unfortunately I'm a coder not a "port forwarder" Smiley never needed to use it. But keep at it, I'm sure someone on this forum can give you the advise you need.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 10:11:39 AM

Stunnel may help

Danglebee

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:16:26 AM