Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 01:06:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: analysis of BTC/LTC chart is quite interesting  (Read 4452 times)
rojuwah (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:47:21 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2014, 07:53:46 PM by rojuwah

Yeah well I don't have the analysis really. We need some broker who is an expert or something in these charts and relationships as similar theories might apply.

Let me start basics that we all know to warm up;
1) BTC/USD and LTC/USD price charts are carbon copies of each other. (except that when you investigate further, LTC ups/downs are slightly stronger than BTC ups/downs, which is normal considering the market cap. One can easily derive similar arguments for such as BTC/NMC and BTC/PPC charts where the low market cap coin ups/downs are even stronger like leverage thing in Forex)

2) Eventually, they all tend to gain value and therefore increase in fiat, so that BTC/USD ratio gets higher and higher over time unless there is some sort of a crisis such as gov. restriction, bad news, etc.

3) LTC tends to gain faster popularity compared to BTC acting as if it is in the early stages of BTC. (yeah yeah I know you can claim similar stuff for a number of working altcoins sometimes even for copy-coins as well, not all of them for sure though)

However, what I don't understand is that, if you mind checking BTC/LTC chart, LTC downs compared to BTC happens always slowly over time. And I mean always. On the contrary, LTC ups are always steep and sudden. Check it out: http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=1-year&resolution=day&pair=ltc-btc&market=btc-e

I guess this should have some cause-effect relationship with 1) above which in turn I believe is insufficient to explain the issue alone. I really believe there must be a reason explaining the relationship of LTC per BTC. And we do need sophisticated analysis/discussions. The reason I ask you guys out there is that I believe there is a nontrivial explanation underlying.  Undecided
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: