Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 03:50:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra Update: Engineering and Production status  (Read 4620 times)
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:09:16 AM

its a different product category.

I completely agree! Antminer is for people who care about profitability. CT is for people who like wasting money on fancy boxes.

Buy & Hold
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:10:33 AM

I'd still be looking at roughly $1340 Canadian, plus shipping, can't see how much they charge, I'm assuming it isn't free.

Free express shipping, arrives in a few days.

Buy & Hold
aerobatic

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:39:00 PM

its a different product category.

I completely agree! Antminer is for people who care about profitability. CT is for people who like wasting money on fancy boxes.

i completely agree with you, antminer is for people who want to buy something thats obsolete quickly and uses too much power, and takes up a too much space, and will require more hassle and wiring up power supplies, and is dangerous if used in a home environment because its not certified or approved for use.  ant miner is for hobbyists who don't mind having bare boards exposed, and power supply wires dangling.

i also completely agree with you that you're excellent at twisting and misquoting other people's posts

Syke
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:03:38 PM

i completely agree with you, antminer is for people who want to buy something thats obsolete quickly and uses too much power, and takes up a too much space, and will require more hassle and wiring up power supplies, and is dangerous if used in a home environment because its not certified or approved for use.  ant miner is for hobbyists who don't mind having bare boards exposed, and power supply wires dangling.

This is why I love reading this forum. You fanbois are quite humorous. 2100 watts, requires a extension cord from another circuit in another part of the house to be dragged across the floor to power the unit. Home use? LOL! I'll chose "obsolute" hardware that makes a profit over a pretty box that doesn't, any day of the week.

Buy & Hold
aerobatic

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:10:48 PM

This is why I love reading this forum. You fanbois are quite humorous. 2100 watts, requires a extension cord from another circuit in another part of the house to be dragged across the floor to power the unit. Home use? LOL! I'll chose "obsolute" hardware that makes a profit over a pretty box that doesn't, any day of the week.

Syke -

you're talking different things here.  one is a professional miner thats 10 times as powerful as the other... and uses half the amount of power per gigahash.  you're comparing a bicycle and a motorbike here.  they're aimed at different markets and have different performance and uses.

iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:30:24 PM

Syke -

you're talking different things here.  one is a professional miner thats 10 times as powerful as the other... and uses half the amount of power per gigahash.  you're comparing a bicycle and a motorbike here.  they're aimed at different markets and have different performance and uses.

True but if the race were to start TODAY he would still win because unlike your fancy motorbike his bicycle EXISTS.

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
aerobatic

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:41:05 PM

Syke -

True but if the race were to start TODAY he would still win because unlike your fancy motorbike his bicycle EXISTS.

thats an odd thing to say...  and this is a really weird argument!

just because they've pre-sold their next few months of production doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  it just means if you weren't already a pre-order customer, you can no longer buy one direct from cointerra's online store (but as with all bitcoin miners, there is always an aftermarket of people re-selling their brand new miners to take a quick profit).  the first customer has already received theirs and the rest of batch 1 are due to ship this coming week (production is in austin so deliveries will hopefully not be affected by chinese new year)

im a batch 1 customer.  I'm hoping to receive some miners in the coming week or two.  perhaps faster than i could get an antminer.   but these are wholly different products aimed at different markets.  there really is no comparison.

iglasses
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:53:04 PM

I don't consider myself to be in an argument...just chatting about a topic that is of interest to all here.

You do make some very contradictory statements however.  You indicate that you are a batch one customer and HOPE to get your hardware sometime in the next week or two.  There are a number of avenues that could put an antminer on your doorstep in one or two DAYS and there are people that have been mining with them for weeks and weeks.  Even if you get your CT box in two weeks how long will it take for it to catch up to the ants that have been marching since December?

You can pump the finished product if you like but there is no denying facts and the fact is antminers ARE and have been available.

Serious miners?  I would think serous miners want to mine...not drool over the powerful, efficient, shiny box that they 'hope to receive in a week or two'.

aerobatic

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:57:14 PM

I don't consider myself to be in an argument...just chatting about a topic that is of interest to all here.

You do make some very contradictory statements however.  You indicate that you are a batch one customer and HOPE to get your hardware sometime in the next week or two.  There are a number of avenues that could put an antminer on your doorstep in one or two DAYS and there are people that have been mining with them for weeks and weeks.  Even if you get your CT box in two weeks how long will it take for it to catch up to the ants that have been marching since December?

You can pump the finished product if you like but there is no denying facts and the fact is antminers ARE and have been available.

Serious miners?  I would think serous miners want to mine...not drool over the powerful, efficient, shiny box that they 'hope to receive in a week or two'.

i think you're living in an imaginary dreamworld if you think that customers of high end miners aren't serious miners.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:04:30 PM

One small note. aerobatic isn't a simple fanboi, he is an ivestor.

iglasses
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:20:52 PM

Ahhh...perhaps that explains his mysterious need to demean anything not CT.

aerobic I never said any kind of customer WASN'T anything...that is the dreamworld that YOU seem to be living in.  I'll tell you what I'll make it really simple for you...

Let's have a hashing race TODAY.  I will put up my antminer vs. your CoinTerra.
WHO WINS THE RACE?

aerobatic

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:38:53 PM

aerobic I never said any kind of customer WASN'T anything...that is the dreamworld that YOU seem to be living in.  I'll tell you what I'll make it really simple for you...

Let's have a hashing race TODAY.  I will put up my antminer vs. your CoinTerra.
WHO WINS THE RACE?

don't be silly.. you would lose your hashing race today.

im a customer of several different mining companies.   my policy is to spread my eggs.   i don't believe in any one mining company.  i believe in all of them.    I've got a bunch of jupiters that I'm very proud of that have been hashing away since october and have done very well.. I'm a huge fan of kncminer!  they're the leaders in this space, for sure.

ive also started to receive my hashfast boxes.  a baby jet arrived a couple of days ago and its up and running today.   its hashing at 420 GH right now... I've yet to try over clocking it.

And next week or two i hope to receive more hashfast boxes, and start to receive some cointerra boxes.

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:44:23 PM

[...]

Are you deliberately missing his point? 
aerobatic

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:45:55 PM

[...]

his point that he wants to compare the hashing rate of the antminer with my cointerra that hasn't arrived yet?  whats the point of that?

lets compare that in a week or two when its arrived then.

Syke
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:46:31 PM

Syke -

Ah, so now the "home" miner is a "professional" miner. More worthless buzzwords.

CT is "professional". Irrelevent to profitability.
CT is liquid cooled. Irrelevent to profitability.
CT has several fans. Irrelevent to profitability.
CT has a pretty aluminum case. Irrelevent to profitability.
CT has some big power supplies. Irrelevent to profitability.
CT might have some certifications. Irrelevent to profitability.

Get the picture? I'm talking the only thing that matters. Profitability. How much does it cost vs. how much it generates. Hard numbers that aren't buzzwords. Bitmain may not be sexy, pretty, cool. But when it comes to profitability, it blows CT away. There's no reasonable way to run the numbers and come to any other conclusion. Anyone placing an order today for CT is *wasting* money. A lot of money.

Buy & Hold
testerx

Activity: 608

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:52:31 PM

Stupid flame wars aside, has anybody actually gotten shipping confirmation?  Far as I can tell only one person has a unit and it was a local pickup/PR opportunity
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:57:24 PM

[...]

his point that he wants to compare the hashing rate of the antminer with my cointerra that hasn't arrived yet?  whats the point of that?

No, the point that he wants to put his Antminer which he paid somewhere between 4.25-1.9BTC for and likely has in his hands right now against the Cointerra unit you purchased for $16,000 at whatever number of BTC equivalent which you do not currently posses and see who's further ahead after some arbitrary amount of time.
iglasses
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:05:05 PM

[...]

his point that he wants to compare the hashing rate of the antminer with my cointerra that hasn't arrived yet?  whats the point of that?

Fine.  But we will use the accrued numbers from the ants that shipped in Dec.  You can't have your cake and eat it too.  you EITHER want to compare what is available TODAY or you want to compare EVENTUAL outcome.  I already tried asking this but you totally ignored it.  How long, when you eventually get it, will it take for a CT box to 'catch up' to the ants that have been mining since December?

It may not seem like but I am truly not trying to argue with you.  If you have an affinity (or $$$ tied up) in a particular vendor or solution what business is that of mine?  The only reason I even jumped in on this thread was because while I have no issue with someone being happy with their decision that's a very different thing than condemning someone else's decision and using false statements to back it up.

aerobic I swear I'm not trying to be a douche.

dropt
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:08:10 PM

Fine.  But we will use the accrued numbers from the ants that shipped in Dec.  You can't have your cake and eat it too.  you EITHER want to compare what is available TODAY or you want to compare EVENTUAL outcome.  I already tried asking this but you totally ignored it.  How long, when you eventually get it, will it take for a CT box to 'catch up' to the ants that have been mining since December?

It may not seem like but I am truly not trying to argue with you.  If you have an affinity (or $$$ tied up) in a particular vendor or solution what business is that of mine?  The only reason I even jumped in on this thread was because while I have no issue with someone liking what their decision that's a very different thing than condemning someone else's decision and using false statements to back it up.

aerobic I swear I'm not trying to be a douche.

Guy, it's not going to take long for the cointerra unit to outearn the number of BTC the antminer has earned since Dec.  Where the Ant is going to win is the % of BTC earned comparative to the BTC cost.
sbfree

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:50:09 PM

i completely agree with you, antminer is for people who want to buy something thats obsolete quickly and uses too much power, and takes up a too much space, and will require more hassle and wiring up power supplies, and is dangerous if used in a home environment because its not certified or approved for use.  ant miner is for hobbyists who don't mind having bare boards exposed, and power supply wires dangling.

aerobic I never said any kind of customer WASN'T anything...that is the dreamworld that YOU seem to be living in.  I'll tell you what I'll make it really simple for you...

Let's have a hashing race TODAY.  I will put up my antminer vs. your CoinTerra.
WHO WINS THE RACE?
My 2.5TH/s of ants with a few literally on top of a knc jupiter make 3TH/s today.....really wish I had believed more in cointerra and got one of those too....maybe next time.

Go Cointerra, good to see another asic miner manuf., specially here in the USA, and Texas, even better. Don't mess with tex
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: