Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 01:44:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why DGC has a very very good chance of success  (Read 454 times)
jestronix (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:07:51 AM

I think the success of a coin has more to do with the psychological connection rather than the specific technical aspects.  This is why marketing works so well, it relates to the customer on a human level, not with specific boring technical details of a product. While they advertise tech aspects its not their main focus.

Bitcoin was first, it has the name, simple as that. We know theres 100s of "Better and more sophisticated coins" but its has the name. The majority of people who own BTC wouldn't have much of an idea of the inner workings and probably don't care. They just hope to be on the money train and relate to its name and popularity. All the innovations of payment systems and real world use follows.

After watching the ups and downs of the alt coin world over the last year or so, you can see how it works, new coins are printed daily, they are hyped pumped and dumped. Overly technical coins appeal to a certain audience, they buy up early and hype begins then its dumped, there doesnt seem to be a long term uptake.

We have to remember the real world success of a coin depends on mass adoption, what do the masses want? They want something that can use and that they relate to. The name of a coin is 80% of its success, 20% technical, to the masses that is. Look at Bitcoin, very outdated on a technical level, but hugely successful on its fame level.

Many will disagree with me on this, as this is primarily a technical forum, but this is why I'm leaning on coins like Digitalcoin and netcoin etc, the name fits the purpose. Long term I think this will win out.

I think there will be a point where we will all turn around and see coins like DGC take off like a rocket, not based on the tech aspects but the name and fame, along with good security and development community, you still need the 20% technical aspect.

Just my two cents after a year in the game.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 09:53:50 AM

You don't have any security though.

The hashrate is a joke, the whole thing is a train-wreck waiting to happen.

A stupid meme summoned up way way way more hashrate overnight than it would take to totally PWN not just this coin but a bunch of similarly pathetically insecure coins all at once.

So you are just sitting there putting your money on a window-ledge begging any idiot who wants to to whip up a "Lets MWN the coin bwahahaha" meme of some kind and PWN the lot of you.

It is insanely pathetic.

Your bullshit post is just more scammer garbage trying to fool idiots into giving their money to thieves.

Look at the damn hashrate.

What DOGE showed is how much ahsrate any attacker can trivially obtain overnight without even blowing any money on it, ust putting out an amusing call to action.

You need more than twice that much hashrate just to be somewhat vaguely secure against such a random little thing like an internet meme.

How much more against a serious attack.

Get real and stop trying to scam people with fraudulent implications of security.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
broken_pixel

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:02:56 AM

You don't have any security though.

The hashrate is a joke, the whole thing is a train-wreck waiting to happen.

A stupid meme summoned up way way way more hashrate overnight than it would take to totally PWN not just this coin but a bunch of similarly pathetically insecure coins all at once.

So you are just sitting there putting your money on a window-ledge begging any idiot who wants to to whip up a "Lets MWN the coin bwahahaha" meme of some kind and PWN the lot of you.

It is insanely pathetic.

Your bullshit post is just more scammer garbage trying to fool idiots into giving their money to thieves.

Look at the damn hashrate.

What DOGE showed is how much ahsrate any attacker can trivially obtain overnight without even blowing any money on it, ust putting out an amusing call to action.

You need more than twice that much hashrate just to be somewhat vaguely secure against such a random little thing like an internet meme.

How much more against a serious attack.

Get real and stop trying to scam people with fraudulent implications of security.

-MarkM-

Does your A$$ hurt -MarkM-?

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
jestronix (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:10:57 AM

Last time i checked DGC has never been pwn'd as you put it, DGC has successfully avoided forking due to some of its unique features such as the "checkpoint blocks" that appear randomly. As far as I know its avoided being forked, and only for updates so far.  

Not sure I was trying to scam people, did i ask for money ? or cheat someone out of something? Just putting it out there, that as sad as it is, a name will take a coin much further than just the tech.  WDC and FTC have both been forked, yet people still happy to trade and mine.  Not sure all the FTC and WDC supporters would share your views on a train wreck?

Maluridea

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:51:38 AM

I think the success of a coin has more to do with the psychological connection rather than the specific technical aspects.  This is why marketing works so well, it relates to the customer on a human level, not with specific boring technical details of a product. While they advertise tech aspects its not their main focus.

Bitcoin was first, it has the name, simple as that. We know theres 100s of "Better and more sophisticated coins" but its has the name. The majority of people who own BTC wouldn't have much of an idea of the inner workings and probably don't care. They just hope to be on the money train and relate to its name and popularity. All the innovations of payment systems and real world use follows.

After watching the ups and downs of the alt coin world over the last year or so, you can see how it works, new coins are printed daily, they are hyped pumped and dumped. Overly technical coins appeal to a certain audience, they buy up early and hype begins then its dumped, there doesnt seem to be a long term uptake.

We have to remember the real world success of a coin depends on mass adoption, what do the masses want? They want something that can use and that they relate to. The name of a coin is 80% of its success, 20% technical, to the masses that is. Look at Bitcoin, very outdated on a technical level, but hugely successful on its fame level.

Many will disagree with me on this, as this is primarily a technical forum, but this is why I'm leaning on coins like Digitalcoin and netcoin etc, the name fits the purpose. Long term I think this will win out.

I think there will be a point where we will all turn around and see coins like DGC take off like a rocket, not based on the tech aspects but the name and fame, along with good security and development community, you still need the 20% technical aspect.

Just my two cents after a year in the game.

I agree, short term you are totally correct from a user diffusion perspective. But there is also the next step, i.e. the diffusion outside this current user base. For any coin to succeed long term, it either has to rely on payment processors and have a huge fanbase (hard imo), or be able to seriously attract people outside of the current definition of the market. The latter may suffer from actions during the former.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: