Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:07:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Way to many errors in this forum  (Read 484 times)
berrtus (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:26:12 AM

1.  When I first joined I could not post anywhere and wasted an hour figuring out that that was the forum design and that I had to go to some NEWBIE section.  Should have been advised at the start.
2.  Often I get an error when I post where all my writing is erased and nothing posts.  It says too many posts but I did not post recently.
3.  When I search it says error you must wait 90 seconds. 
All this is totally idiot.  No one should have to put up with this bs.  Figure out some other ways to deal with spammers, trolls, disrupters, and bots!  No other forum puts all these errors and if they do they should not either!  In any case the forum should be more considerate and advise people where is the NEWBIE section and to go there first.  Then fix those other errors.  Much time wasted.
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:32:23 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2014, 05:45:11 AM by DieJohnny

Yes I agree. These limits only exist to send the message that noobs are dumb and please don't bother us Hero members with your drabble.

I use this forum less because it is so offensive.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
berrtus (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:56:50 AM

Might I add for all the nearly paranoid concern about spammers I never saw any but I often see paid ads!  Next, another suggestion, in jest: Start a DAC (distributed autonomous corporation) to go after the spammers and bots, let them not us feel the heat.  Reminds me of when I boarded an airline to China and they actually sprayed the passengers with some chemical.  Of course, when I arrived in China it was dirtier than any other place I had been.
howzar

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:09:12 AM

It isn't this buggy. You previously needed to post in the newbie section and admin removed that now.  Regarding the "not posting" I totally agree that it's annoying when a first post is denied and you are told you need to reopen. The search is 90 seconds between each search and the next search and after login so I don't think it's that bad since it's reduced with time (and the owner is the one deciding that so it's not a bug)
whiskers75

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

Doesn't use these forums that often.

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:27:49 AM

Get BitcoinTalk++, then, if you find disappearing posts so annoying.

Elastic.pw Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:05:20 AM

Might I add for all the nearly paranoid concern about spammers I never saw any but I often see paid ads!  Next, another suggestion, in jest: Start a DAC (distributed autonomous corporation) to go after the spammers and bots, let them not us feel the heat.  Reminds me of when I boarded an airline to China and they actually sprayed the passengers with some chemical.  Of course, when I arrived in China it was dirtier than any other place I had been.

'Sprayed the passengers with some chemical' - I'm surprised you actually found your way to the airport to board any flight and that you didn't get lost on the way.

I think you'll find that the spraying of pesticide/insecticide is quite common practice and has nothing to do with how clean you presume the country you are travelling to actually is.
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:17:59 AM

1.  When I first joined I could not post anywhere and wasted an hour figuring out that that was the forum design and that I had to go to some NEWBIE section.  Should have been advised at the start.
2.  Often I get an error when I post where all my writing is erased and nothing posts.  It says too many posts but I did not post recently.
3.  When I search it says error you must wait 90 seconds.  
All this is totally idiot.  No one should have to put up with this bs.  Figure out some other ways to deal with spammers, trolls, disrupters, and bots!  No other forum puts all these errors and if they do they should not either!  In any case the forum should be more considerate and advise people where is the NEWBIE section and to go there first.  Then fix those other errors.  Much time wasted.

1. Have no comment on this as I cannot remember whether it tells you to check the newbie section when you first signup.

2. As a newbie, you need to wait for 360 seconds before between each post; logging in and searching will reset the time as well.

3. I seldom use the search function. Instead I use google search with "site:bitcointalk.org"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: