Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:58:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-E Thieves?  (Read 3371 times)
falsememory (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:13:53 AM

I'm gonna throw the question out there because it feels like I'm on the brink of getting robbed by this site.
I deposited money through international wire transfer (with all the correct details, etc) more than a month ago. Aside from it not showing up on my account, I receive zero reply to the tickets I send to support (10 in total). There are also people responsible for this site that write here, I've sent them messages as well, but although they are very much active, no reply.
Is this site a scam? Maybe? You be the judge!
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:04:31 AM

This has unfortunately been happening a lot, both missing deposits and withdrawal. The best advice would be to stay away from BTC-e but you've already deposited, check with your bank and don't stop emailing support.

Good luck  Smiley
falsememory (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:42:49 AM

Thank you for the piece of mind. Hopefully it works. Well, actually, it will work, even if I have to go to Russia to track this down, i will. It shouldn't be this easy to scam people on such a large trading platform.
manobra

Activity: 151

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:57:27 AM

have you created this account to just complain about BTE-e?

What is your real profile here? Why hide it?
falsememory (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:25:19 PM

have you created this account to just complain about BTE-e?

What is your real profile here? Why hide it?

What real profile? I'm not hiding anything. And yes, the sole purpose of creating this account was to get answers to my problems about BTC-E, because people on the site told me that I could get some help here. I didn't know that I had to get your approval first.
I will bitch on this site for as long as I have to, to get my money. Is that clear enough?
U1TRA_L0RD

Activity: 126

CAUTION: Angry Man with Attitude.

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:30:03 PM

BTC-E is starting to become an issue where al lot of users are getting ripped off, Some guy just a few moments ago had his account locked for no reason due to a rude customer support rep.
falsememory (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:36:14 PM

BTC-E is starting to become an issue where al lot of users are getting ripped off, Some guy just a few moments ago had his account locked for no reason due to a rude customer support rep.

Yes, this is horrible to hear. I can't imagine how long they could keep this up without coming across some real legal problems.
You can't just claim to be the biggest crypto trade and offer ZERO support. It just does not exist.
Trance

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:46:19 PM

Yes, they do what is called "selective" scamming. Happened to be awhile back for over BTC2.5~

Unfortunately when 90% of the customers do not get scammed like the other 10% its very hard to convince everyone they are ALL at risk!

Some people are so poor ALL they have is money
falsememory (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:51:46 PM

Yes, they do what is called "selective" scamming. Happened to be awhile back for over BTC2.5~

Unfortunately when 90% of the customers do not get scammed like the other 10% its very hard to convince everyone they are ALL at risk!

That's messed up. What do the ''selectively scammed'' people do, just take it?
U1TRA_L0RD

Activity: 126

CAUTION: Angry Man with Attitude.

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:09:15 PM

Selective scammers ca be anyone, Even a trusted member of this community, Once that member has enough reputation, The can start to scam one person then later maybe a few month they scam another person, You have to be careful here, as you try to convince someone they wont believe you like they're ghosts or something...
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:23:24 PM

I understand you perfectly. My biggest worry are the exchanges, It would be almost impossible to get money back if they suddenly decided to take it and run.

dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:33:16 PM

I understand you perfectly. My biggest worry are the exchanges, It would be almost impossible to get money back if they suddenly decided to take it and run.

indeed... I look forward to the day we can trade crypto currencies decentralized from any exchange using such technologies I've read vaguely about but have not studied in detail from coins such as Ripple and NXT. Get rid of the middleman who's gonna run off with your cash and disappear. And here I thought BTC-E was one of the more reputable ones...
jonanon

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:34:42 PM

That's why I stay clear of ALL the exchanges and try get my BTC in person - I'd never trust a company with no address, proper contact information or reports of scamming. Luckily before I decided to trade with any of the exchanges I read up on them first otherwise I would be in the same boat as the OP  Smiley
Toby!

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:05:15 PM

Selective scammers ca be anyone, Even a trusted member of this community, Once that member has enough reputation, The can start to scam one person then later maybe a few month they scam another person, You have to be careful here, as you try to convince someone they wont believe you like they're ghosts or something...

I don't see the motivation for BTC-e to selectively scam.  They have a successful trading platform and therefore have a secure income from the fees.  Why would they risk that?
Huus

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:13:21 PM

I don't see the motivation for BTC-e to selectively scam.  They have a successful trading platform and therefore have a secure income from the fees.  Why would they risk that?

It can be an employee of BTC-e who thinks his wages are too low and decides to make some more income.
Of all the main exchanges BTC-e, is the one with the most scam stories.
It doesn't help that the people behind BTC-e are anonymous.
btc-e.com
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 04:29:06 PM

Hello, please write a ticket number, we will verify this information, and will try to quickly resolve your problem.

Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com

BTC-E.com // Биpжa пo aвтoмaтичecкoй тopгoвлe Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com
zoran

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:31:04 PM

Never had problems there. Used "qiwi" and "prefect money" systems only so far. (oh, and bitcoins, of course)
A lot of people are comlaining in RUS chat about their support tickets, especially when admin is online. In general this issues are solved quickly and easily.
Try magic words "admin help with support #XXX-XXX-XXX", might work.
tw

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:50:35 PM

https://btc-e.com/news/191
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:54:12 PM

Just over a month ago? My guess your deposit will be in soon, as a month and then some seems to be the time one has to wait these days. That is if you have submitted all the docs they ask for.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
pleiotropik

Activity: 144

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:11:24 PM

For argument's sake i will state that BTC-E is straightforward and no scamming is going on.  being that the hypothetical case i can build a scenario where USD transfers are systematically being delayed/blocked at BOFA.

The other possibility is that we are near a global banking reset.

But back to square 1: we might be seeing the end of the russian btc trade. I know from personal experience that OKPAY is delinquent in its fiduciary obligations so as time progresses and the exchange rate between btc-e Vs. MtGox increases we are in for some rough rides up and down the rollercoaster of btc valuation... i can't rule out a russian exchange meltdown from their recent past behaviour.  Embarrassed
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: