Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:13:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A divide between short and long term investors  (Read 108 times)
crypto brother (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:14:58 PM

Its seems to me, that the market is volatile because of the different types of investors. You have the investor who wants to make a quick 
3 - 10X flip and the investor who is holding long term because they believe in the project / product. Yes i know there are many different strategies in between, but there is a clear divide for sure. A bit like good vs bad. Which is which? One side of the coin you have whale manipulation, trading bots and ruthless take take take attitude and on the other you have holders, believers, people who want crypto to succeed because they believe in the technology.

Say for example a coin is $0.10 at ICO, $0.50 when it hits its first exchange, $1 when it hits a big exchange and reaches $3 due to hype...within 3 months and then crashes all the way down back to $0.20..who is the real winner? What are we trying to achieve? Because this seems to be a common trend at the moment. I'm not saying its bad, but it sure aint good. These companies are trying to make a difference and their success / failure could be determined by investors no matter what they have to offer.

Am i making any sense?
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:16:18 PM

Sounds like you need to research more about cryptos and how to invest/trade
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:40:56 PM

Say for example a coin is $0.10 at ICO, $0.50 when it hits its first exchange, $1 when it hits a big exchange and reaches $3 due to hype...within 3 months and then crashes all the way down back to $0.20..who is the real winner? What are we trying to achieve? Because this seems to be a common trend at the moment. I'm not saying its bad, but it sure aint good. These companies are trying to make a difference and their success / failure could be determined by investors no matter what they have to offer.

Am i making any sense?
What you are describing here is the initial speculative phase of a coin's life. After that, if the coin was not just hype, if there is a utility value in it, you should expect a slow steady growth. This behavior is sometimes called a crypto J-curve.
Muslimin mj

Activity: 569
Merit: 18

Goldeth.io

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:08:08 PM

actually this is the game of the investor, most of which is generated by the price specified by the investor, so rising or not the token price is influenced also by the investor, and the owner of the token crypto, and this has become something that can be in the world of crypto.

yura888

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:16:27 PM

Its seems to me, that the market is volatile because of the different types of investors. You have the investor who wants to make a quick 
3 - 10X flip and the investor who is holding long term because they believe in the project / product. Yes i know there are many different strategies in between, but there is a clear divide for sure. A bit like good vs bad. Which is which? One side of the coin you have whale manipulation, trading bots and ruthless take take take attitude and on the other you have holders, believers, people who want crypto to succeed because they believe in the technology.

Am i making any sense?
I think that the most winning option in the given situation is precisely from the traders how they can sell the coin in time, when they have the maximum price, and switch to another asset

TheCrimsonFucker

Activity: 617
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:28:23 PM

Through his argument we find some indignation, the question is, if you know the rule of the game because it acts in such a way? What do you want to get with this post? A miracle discussion that will bring the crypto concept to the fore? In short, the true winner is the one who, even in the downfall, does not let the moment shake, real investor always bet high, can lose high as well as win high, this is the idea.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: