Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:35:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DVD Authoring Software = Better Scrypt Hashrate?  (Read 584 times)
Nullu (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:44:47 AM

I was just authoring a DVD from a video file, and while it was running, I noticed my hashrate actually increased in CGminer by 40Khash.

Is it possible the software has some sort of hardware acceleration that can speed up Scrypt mining? I don't quite understand why it went up as the authoring software uses CPU, not GPU, but usually anything I use that is CPU intensive causes my hashrate to go down, but this actually caused it to go up.

Anyone else experienced this?

I can post the results if anyone would be interested. I'm not sure if it's a misreading in CGminer, but it seemed to be mining away as normal.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Nullu (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:56:12 AM

Just to verify this wasn't a fluke, I've ran it again, and I'm getting the same results.

For the record I'm using DVDstyler. Which is free to use. Just be sure to uncheck the boxes during installation to avoid the crapware if you want to try this for yourself. When I'm doing media conversions however my hashrate drops, so there must be something about DVD authoring which is boosting efficiency somehow, but I have no idea what.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: